Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded - PART II

Blas, start organizing!
There are 7 people already interested in (blackbird, rhymes, jeff, gunner, dangerbird, karmina, soma)

oh, and by the way, the new week has come...you have a pending challenge with me on RoX MP and AoM! :p

Rhye said:
Blas, start organizing!
There are 7 people already interested in (blackbird, rhymes, jeff, gunner, dangerbird, karmina, soma)

make that eight, I'd love to join in, too, if the game is played on the world map!

ok, I am about to sound like an idiot. What is a GotM? How does it work, I have never done one, but am intersted in participating.

Barak

Nooble said:
hey i need help

i don't know what is better to choose, facism or communism, i need a government for war and peace, a government that has good shield and can support lots of units

but i don't know which is better
help plz
Well, assuming you're playing RoX, Anarchy has a max of two turns so it's best to switch to a wartime gov't (Fascism/Communism) when you go to war and a peaceful gov't (anything with the word "republic" or "democracy", or Communism if you're really really large) when you're at peace... As for whether to choose Communism or Fascism, it depends purely on your size. Fascism is great for a small to medium civ to use when preparing for war and during the war, Communism is the one way to go if you want to utilize your territory properly when you have a very large empire. The farther you are past the OCN, the better Communism gets compared to any other gov't.

Rhye, we could play on Wednsday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (or next Sunday.) But I still have to install AoM... Connect to ICQ so we can discuss the details.

Rhye said:
hey! what's that Canadian biq?

Nothing special. Just renamed Iroquois as Canada (and city/leader list etc.), moved them a bit north, 'corrected' the eastern coast, and added some small trade & shield bonuses so that they would have a chance. They start out as Iroquois and then around 1700-1800 (when, hopefully they develop) become Canada, which, after all, is an Iroquoian word.

I was thinking we should choose one of the underdogs (say, Korea, Ethiopia, Zululand, Inca, Maya, Aztecs, or Iroquois) and rather than ask for a victory, set a few goals, with each goal giving the player a certain number of points...
Let's say we choose the Aztecs... The goals could be as such:
Contact with three civs by 0AD = 1pt.
Bigger than Inca by 1000AD = 3pts.
More culture than any other American civ by 2000AD = 6pts.
First american civ to enter Middle Ages = 5pts.
Bigger than America by end of game = 10pts.
Highest total culture by end of game = 10pts.
Won game - peaceful = 10pts.
Won game - conquest/domination = 45pts.
Earliest victory among winning players - game date = 30pts.
Earliest victory among winning players - submission date = 5pts.
Score bonus = 1pt per 100 game score points, according to latest submitted save.
Silliness bonus = 1 to 25pts for naming of cities and units or any other silly meaningless thing that the organizers like enough to give a bonus for.
And then to prove you have achieved a goal, you will have to submit a save dated exactly the same as the goal or earlier (or a save that otherwise proves beyond doubt that you achieved a goal on time.) The organizers would tally the points, and a winner would be announced.
Also, the end of the game could be set to say, 2100AD or whatever we want... Doesn't have to be until victory or retirement.

Blasphemous said:
Well, assuming you're playing RoX, Anarchy has a max of two turns so it's best to switch to a wartime gov't (Fascism/Communism) when you go to war and a peaceful gov't (anything with the word "republic" or "democracy", or Communism if you're really really large) when you're at peace... As for whether to choose Communism or Fascism, it depends purely on your size. Fascism is great for a small to medium civ to use when preparing for war and during the war, Communism is the one way to go if you want to utilize your territory properly when you have a very large empire. The farther you are past the OCN, the better Communism gets compared to any other gov't.

Rhye, we could play on Wednsday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday (or next Sunday.) But I still have to install AoM... Connect to ICQ so we can discuss the details.

Ok, my country a land in France, Spain and Brazil. I should get communism? And what is OCN?

OCN is short for Optimal City Number... I don't recall exactly what it is in RoX, but basically, if you have 12 or more cities Communism is a good bet... It will allow you to be a very effective conqueror since no matter how far you conquer, as long as you build the SPHQ and keep building courthouses and police stations all over the place every now and then, corruption will be at levels you can live with in your new conquests... This will allow you to make good use of anything you conquer, and you will be able to quickly establish newly conquered cities as army bases to use for continued conquest...

btw everyone, about the proposed RoX GOTM, I'm gonna get in gear soon and the first game will begin March 1st. The game will be called the RoX Monthly Challenge (RMC), and I will be the main organizer for now. For the first game, I will want two people to help me organize and judge the game. I'll release more details about the game as we draw closer to the start of RMC1. Meanwhile I will only tell you that the nations I'm considering for it are Arabia, Korea, Mexico, Ethiopia and Inca, each of course with a completely different set of goals and bonuses. I have not yet decided if the goals for each game will be focused on a certain aspect of the game, or spread broadly to allow for different styles of play... Perhaps every RMC will be different.

Cool, what we should really do is find an appropriate sub-forum to post game progressions so we could compare each other's game. Cuz doin it on this thread would not be a reall good idea..... I like your point distribution Blas, but I would add scales. For example, winning player that achieves victory the soonest gets 30 points, second gets 20, third gets 10, and so on. This point system will be a whole lot of job for the organizer though! Checking each person's 0AD, 1000AD, 2000AD and wining turn saved files!

@ BLAS: Other thing: do you have the intention to check with TF if he's in position to do anything to make this easier for us? Or do you think its not worth asking and that we should keep this local and quiet?

And I'll be glad to help you organise the first game, PM me if you haven't got your 2 people yet.

Blasphemous said:
OCN is short for Optimal City Number... I don't recall exactly what it is in RoX, but basically, if you have 12 or more cities Communism is a good bet... It will allow you to be a very effective conqueror since no matter how far you conquer, as long as you build the SPHQ and keep building courthouses and police stations all over the place every now and then, corruption will be at levels you can live with in your new conquests... This will allow you to make good use of anything you conquer, and you will be able to quickly establish newly conquered cities as army bases to use for continued conquest...

btw everyone, about the proposed RoX GOTM, I'm gonna get in gear soon and the first game will begin March 1st. The game will be called the RoX Monthly Challenge (RMC), and I will be the main organizer for now. For the first game, I will want two people to help me organize and judge the game. I'll release more details about the game as we draw closer to the start of RMC1. Meanwhile I will only tell you that the nations I'm considering for it are Arabia, Korea, Mexico, Ethiopia and Inca, each of course with a completely different set of goals and bonuses. I have not yet decided if the goals for each game will be focused on a certain aspect of the game, or spread broadly to allow for different styles of play... Perhaps every RMC will be different.

ok thx dude

By the way, forgot to mention, I'm in for a Rhye's GotM or RMC or whatnot! And yeah, how does it work? Do we each download the .biq and a save file, and send in our games at the end of the month? I've never played GotM before... :blush:

SilverKnight

I am intersted in the monthly challenge. How do we do it?

Rhymes said:
@ BLAS: Other thing: do you have the intention to check with TF if he's in position to do anything to make this easier for us? Or do you think its not worth asking and that we should keep this local and quiet?

And I'll be glad to help you organise the first game, PM me if you haven't got your 2 people yet.
I think first we'll run one RMC, and then we'll see about getting TF and the CFC staff involved. I'd rather talk to him about something that's going on and is successful (hopefully ;)) than just a nice idea.

About your suggestions for scoring (which I snipped and am too lazy to retrieve) it's all still negotiable... I think though, that it would be best to have two ways to get score: goals, and bonuses. Goals would all be a requirement to achieve some feat by such and such date (or the end of the game), and bonuses would be extra score for achieving a goal at the earliest date or time, and other miscallaneus things that aren't exactly goals but just small things you get points for... Giving a different score to each person who achieves a goal according to how early they did it would be too complicated and confusing... I'd prefer to just have a set score for each goal and a bonus for whoever achieves it first.

I'm sure that within the 6000 posts this has been ask somewhere....

How to you do diplomacy with Civs that aren't on your diplomacy screen (i.e. not the first 7 you meet)?

Thanks!

Top Bottom