Elephants

kristopherb

Protective/Charismatic
How do you route them?
I use onager fire ammo.

Fire arrows work. It also seems that elephants die if they run into deep phalanx formations.

Id like to say Incendary Pigs but they are just so useless I never build them unless Im targeting Carthage (Though, I found that on occasion the Pigs also work on Scythed Chariots)

Usually if I just Flank them... Though, I usually end up with high casualties...

My favorite way is to just knock them out with Onager Fire.

(Or if the are assualting a Big City, they may try and knock the doors down and just get burned up by the oil. Who in their right mind makes 10000 Dollar Elephants into oil fodder!)

I'm rarely in Africa to experience elephant attacks first-hand, so most of my battles with them are early in the game. In that case it's a mixture of phalanxes (if I have them) or any sort of missile attack that can reach them.

how o how do u use pigs, when i light them thay run in the wrong derection:S

I charge many spearmen onto elephants. I take few casualties, and the elephants drop like flies. :)

Yep, the elephants take hits if they run out of room to move. If you swamp them with troops, forcing them to stop, they'll die fast.

Javelins if I have them, then any other ranged units, then any spare infantry.

I don't really like building them myself because of the cost in mods. Prefer to have cavalry for the greater flexibility.

Javelins if I have them, then any other ranged units, then any spare infantry.

I don't really like building them myself because of the cost in mods. Prefer to have cavalry for the greater flexibility.

You should try a Elephant and Cavalry mix... hit the Infantry with the Elephants, spread the enemy around, then hit them with the Cavalry.

Most of the time I fight Elephants, Im usually unaware so I just end up doing what I said earlier, though, it tends to not work well in the early game.

Javelins and fire arrows usually work. My second choice of unit would be light cavalry or horse archers, which I would use to draw the elephants away from my main army.

i just light them up with many fire arrows praying they will hit the elephants that are running around like chickens with their heads cut off

Top Bottom