What can be done in CIV IV BTS

cemo1956

King
My questions will probably be answered if I read all threads and mod instructions and so on on the Forum.
BUT it will take me months if not years perhaps.

If anyone could just tell me YES or No on these stuff, perhaps a hint where to look and I be very grateful

1. The old thing from Civ3 about getting different aircrafts for land Air Force and Carrierbased thing.
No Stealth Bomber on carriers, and being able to have F-14 on carriers and F-15 on land. For example.

2. Have the Helicopterproblem from Civ3 been corrected.
Old Huey choppers can send troops into the field of course, but can one get back and airlift them back to safety ?
(I saw one modthing about getting units only to move on roads or railroads. Hurray for the old Railway Cannon)

3. Attackchoppers probably can´t be put on carriers and if they are landbased they are only like any old infantryunit on that transport ship.

4. Load Tactical Nukes or Cruise Missiles on a new Boomer-Submarine class and / or perhaps on old Battleships just used in modern days as Cruise Missiles launchers.

5. I get to this later if I see....

Thanks for your troubles

ADDED:::

I have read over many threads about this naval aircraft thing and of course stumbled into other things that should be fitted into #5

The Domain thing was often a topic before BTS. Getting attack-choppers, gunship to fly over water and land. Also like I mention I would like to have like BlackHawks carry troops from some kind of ship to get deep into the country like paratroopers.
Mostly the threads covered idea prior to BTS, but also mentioned the SDK and stuff could be able to fix many of these things.

I have been searching for newer articles where perhaps the SDK and Python make things that is normal to military forces of today can work.
Anyone knows Mods or something that can point me in the correct direction. The search goes on, but appreciate for all help you guys can give a newbie to Civ4.

The answer to your thread question is: almost anything. :crazyeye:

1 and 4 should be as easy as simple XML changes and additions. But the others (and almost anything else) can be changed thanks to the SDK.

My questions will probably be answered if I read all threads and mod instructions and so on on the Forum.
BUT it will take me months if not years perhaps.

If anyone could just tell me YES or No on these stuff, perhaps a hint where to look and I be very grateful

1. The old thing from Civ3 about getting different aircrafts for land Air Force and Carrierbased thing.
No Stealth Bomber on carriers, and being able to have F-14 on carriers and F-15 on land. For example.

2. Have the Helicopterproblem from Civ3 been corrected.
Old Huey choppers can send troops into the field of course, but can one get back and airlift them back to safety ?
(I saw one modthing about getting units only to move on roads or railroads. Hurray for the old Railway Cannon)

3. Attackchoppers probably can´t be put on carriers and if they are landbased they are only like any old infantryunit on that transport ship.

4. Load Tactical Nukes or Cruise Missiles on a new Boomer-Submarine class and / or perhaps on old Battleships just used in modern days as Cruise Missiles launchers.

5. I get to this later if I see....

Thanks for your troubles

1. Already done. Carriers can only carry fighters (no bombers or stealth bombers).

2. There is a discussion for this, and I believe Dom Pedro II is working on it.

3. I don't understand the question.

4. Yes, that can be done rather easily. Check out Wolfshanze's mod, since he adds a Boomer sub which does this. :)

Well, thanks mates

I wasn´t thinking about ALL Fighters to land on carriers but just the ones that did/do.
Hopefully the AI can understand to build both F-18 for carriers and F-16 for landbases.
WW2 settings should of course be like P-40, P-51 on land and Hellcats, Wildcats for carriers. Naturally we need dive-bombers AND hopefully some Torpedo bombers (that nicely should ONLY be able to torpedo ships)

Q.3 Is simple. Take the Cobra attackchopper. It is based on Amphibious Assault Ships to support landings. Also of course if you got some BlackHawks on that ship it should be able to land a small force a bit inland before the Marines attack the beaches.
Just dreaming mates

I am trying to DL Wolfshanzes mod, but getting
"The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings. "

Sad I have tried for 2 days now, but Filefront seams to be jammed.

Actually, doing the carrier thing is fairly easy, I believe, and I am going to do that eventually for my WWII mod. The idea is to have carriers carry only planes that are equipped to land on a carrier deck -- like the Wildcat, Corsair, Dauntless, Avenger, Zero, Kate, Val, etc. I think this can be accomplished by messing around with the special unit tag and assigning carrier-based aircraft to a new type of special unit. I'd have to check to go into details, but that's the basic idea.

Actually, doing the carrier thing is fairly easy, I believe, and I am going to do that eventually for my WWII mod. The idea is to have carriers carry only planes that are equipped to land on a carrier deck -- like the Wildcat, Corsair, Dauntless, Avenger, Zero, Kate, Val, etc. I think this can be accomplished by messing around with the special unit tag and assigning carrier-based aircraft to a new type of special unit. I'd have to check to go into details, but that's the basic idea.

Like the Civ3 problem. But that was solved. One could even have two different carriers for later heavy jets. Hope you figure it out, this Civ4 is much different than Civ3 but I will get into this too.

I have seen some mods that just permits fighters to land on carriers and that i truly a shame since then we can´t have historic fights like Midway, Coral Sea, Turkey Shoot and on on on.
Carriers should be able to launch surprise attacks from far out like Doolittle raids on Tokyo.

Top Bottom