Caveman 2 Cosmos

Don't know what is happening, but the settler and the scout that I started with were just red domes. The game crashed liked 3 turns in as well.

Any ideas?

Did you download BOTH of the required downloads, and place them in the correct area?:mischief:

I believe I did. The FPK files were installed inside the Next War Advanced 003 folder, next to the following folders: Assets, Public Maps and resource. I have 1 gb of RAM and a Radeon 1650 with its own gb of RAM. Just in case that was your next question. ;)

Try upgrading to 2 gigs. :) No, seriously, it looks like a art issue. So, even 40 gigs won't help you. If you're certain it's all completely downloaded, maybe Strategy will tell you the exact file to find to see if it's really fully downloaded. :)

I've never had that issue. Random pink squares for promotions in other mods, but never red squares for people. Also, red squares usually don't crash the game.

I believe I did. The FPK files were installed inside the Next War Advanced 003 folder, next to the following folders: Assets, Public Maps and resource. I have 1 gb of RAM and a Radeon 1650 with its own gb of RAM. Just in case that was your next question. ;)

Something this BIG will require at a minimum of 3 GB of memory. (And i am not saying go out and buy anything either). And for the red domes as you put it, means art is missing, or been put in the wrong area, but i know for a fact there should not be any red dots, i made this as Stable as possible, should not crash at all(hopefully), except for MAFs

No, seriously, it looks like a art issue. So, even 40 gigs won't help you. If you're certain it's all completely downloaded, maybe Strategy will tell you the exact file to find to see if it's really fully downloaded. :)

I've never had that issue. Random pink squares for promotions in other mods, but never red squares for people. Also, red squares usually don't crash the game.

True about the red dots, and thx for answering.;)

Hey ,I can play this mod just fine with 2 gigs. :) My video Card is a 512 MB, and still, this mod runs fine. I never get MAFs. :)

But yeah, I do know enough to help with red dots. :)

I have Civ4 Complete on Vista64 and I've installed your modpack but when I play a game I can see the map & my units but not any interface or command buttons. Post#12 from your link has pictures missing so can you suggest a way to fix it?

Yeah i've had this problem because i did rename the mod folder to Next War Advanced and i deleted the v003 at the end, the CIV4ArtDefines file apparently needed that v003.
Anyway I've also edited the file by deleting the v003 reference and it works now, thanks.

When a person gets a GFC error means they put the mod in the wrong place. Best thing to do it just go into the files and completely delete the folder next to the Assets and PublicMaps one called Resources. Then go into the folder called Assets and then XML, look for the folder that says Art. Open that folder and there is a file called: CIV4ArtDefines_Misc, just take out the words before
Resource/Civ4.thm, it next to the bottom of the page, it should look like this when your done:
<MiscArtInfo>
<Type>DEFAULT_THEME_NAME</Type>
<Path>Resource/Civ4.thm</Path>
<fScale>0.0</fScale>
<NIF>None</NIF>
<KFM>None</KFM>
</MiscArtInfo>

save that and just play the game normally then.

tsentom1:

I got this error message, just wondering, what it is, and HOW to make it work correctly??

It's not actually a real error. Basically, it was an old ability of the Statesman that I removed, but instead of commenting it out I made it look for a unit that didn't exist (Statesman1) so it wouldn't fire. It doesn't affect gameplay, though, so leaving it in does nothing but the python exception. You could probably just comment out or delete that section of the code if you want to remove the python exception. It was the prevent foreign plagues ability, but since that was tied to the Statesman own social reform ability as well, if it was still in place it would prevent the Statesman ability from working and also kill the Statesman kinda making that ability useless.

It's not actually a real error. Basically, it was an old ability of the Statesman that I removed, but instead of commenting it out I made it look for a unit that didn't exist (Statesman1) so it wouldn't fire. It doesn't affect gameplay, though, so leaving it in does nothing but the python exception. You could probably just comment out or delete that section of the code if you want to remove the python exception. It was the prevent foreign plagues ability, but since that was tied to the Statesman own social reform ability as well, if it was still in place it would prevent the Statesman ability from working and also kill the Statesman kinda making that ability useless.

So what would i take out then?

Code:
if pyTargetPlayer.getStateReligion( ) == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getReligionInfo, gc.getNumReligionInfos(), "RELIGION_BUDDHISM"):
			lUnits = pyTargetPlayer.getUnitList()
			for unit in lUnits:
				if unit.getUnitType() == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getUnitInfo, gc.getNumUnitInfos(), "UNIT_STATESMAN1"):
					unit.kill( 0, unit.getOwner( ) )

if not ( pDefendingPlayer.isHuman( ) ):
						pDefendingPlayer.AI_changeAttitudeExtra( iPlayer, -2 )

Honestly, this mod looks like the most awesome mod ever. I only hope for two things:

First, that its already merged or I can merge it with a decently sized world map (with at least most included civs in place).

And of course that my pathetic Appalachian internet service somehow downloads this before we make first contact in 2035 :scan:.

1stcontact2035

I seem to be having some issues with red domes on startup units, pink squares for a good many of the units and bldgs. I also have found some issues with compatibility between this mod and other maps. I don't know if that is a universal issue and it would suck really bad if it was. I was trying to play this mod on a larger world map, but everytime that I try to load it up it says there is a runtime error and CTD on setup. The map is a pretty old one, the Northern Hemisphere map from Vannilla Civ. Anyway, if I can't play this on a decent sized map I won't play it at all (and for that matter with a good deal of the packaged civs unleashed).

I seem to be having some issues with red domes on startup units, pink squares for a good many of the units and bldgs. I also have found some issues with compatibility between this mod and other maps. I don't know if that is a universal issue and it would suck really bad if it was. I was trying to play this mod on a larger world map, but everytime that I try to load it up it says there is a runtime error and CTD on setup. The map is a pretty old one, the Northern Hemisphere map from Vannilla Civ. Anyway, if I can't play this on a decent sized map I won't play it at all (and for that matter with a good deal of the packaged civs unleashed).

The only way you'd get Red Blobs and pink items is that you either didnt download BOTH of the required downloads, and put the Advanced one in the correct area.

Pls read right after the WARNING on the first post.

The only way you'd get Red Blobs and pink items is that you either didnt download BOTH of the required downloads, and put the Advanced one in the correct area.

Pls read right after the WARNING on the first post.

I downloaded both mods completely (it took around 3 hours btw!!) and I placed the contents of the Advanced folder directly inside the Next War Advanced v003 folder.

As in "Contents of Advanced folder" -> Beyond the Sword/Mods/Next War Advanced v003.

Perhaps you meant for the folder to remain intact when placed into the NWA folder ->
Beyond the Sword/Mods/Next War Advanced v003/Advanced ????

That is the only other possibility that I can figure out, but I will double check to see that I did place all the FPK from the Advanced folder into the NWA folder

The FPK files I have downloaded are as follows (downloaded directly into the Next War Advanced folder beside folders such as assets).

A_E.FPK, F_L.FPK, Q_Z.FPK, Units.FPK

Those are the only FPK files downloaded directly into the NWA folder.

Also, I have Vista, and haven't so far ran the game as Admin, and haven't turned off UAC, perhaps this could be the cause of the trouble???

Hmm... what I did to get this to work as much as it can (I still get random CtDs, likely because it's so HUGE), is I installed the first file (NOT "Advanced.rar") to the mods folder, so my ...\Beyond the Sword\Mods folder has a "Next War Advanced v003" folder.

I then put the contents of the Advanced file into the Assets folder of Next War Advanced v003, the files (not folders) in my Assets folder are: A_E.fpk, F_L.fpk, M_P.fpk, Q_Z.fpk, Start.fpk, and Units.fpk. Right now the only problem I can see is that I get random CtDs right around when all the early religions are founded. Most DO get founded by the time I crash but I don't think I've seen Judaism founded yet.

Running Vista 32bit, with the 3GB modification to the boot file/sector/whatever. For whatever reason when I installed BtS, it defaulted my shortcut to run as admin, and all the 'load mod immediately' shortcuts I have also default to this. Installed the game to D drive to get away from UAC.

Top Bottom