Are there any plans for...

I_Scorpio

Chieftain
a warcraft mod? I realize there is a map for it, but are there any plans for an actual mod? If not, it seems like a great idea for a project. I'd be glad to contribute...if I knew anything about modding. :sad:

a warcraft mod? I realize there is a map for it, but are there any plans for an actual mod? If not, it seems like a great idea for a project. I'd be glad to contribute...if I knew anything about modding. :sad:

I don't know of any proper Warcraft mod out there. If there was I'm sure I'd know about it. One thing though, this is the type of project that should attract attention and supporters so if you took the ball and ran with it, you'd almost certainly get help there. To start, check out some of the tutorials, modding CIV is actually very easy. They did a great job of exposing alot of the code in XML and Python so that people unfamiliar with coding (like myself at first) are able to jump in and intuitively understand modding. You'll invariably screw up a few times at first, but that's part of learning. Modding CIV though is very easy, and if you put some effort into it, you'll likely be very satisfied. For a Warcraft mod you should already have a good start, due to the fact alot of the art is already done and can be found in some of the great mods like FfH 2.

Some good tutorials to get you started. I recomend you start by adding a new unit to the game.
Adding new units
Modding Civics
Adding new civs
Altering the Tech Tree

Top Bottom