Cultural Capital Mod

I played this without any mods but I can't get the theme that requires Oxford University. It always shows Oxford University in the not met requirements part eventhough I have it.

Thanks for replying, I added now a list of current themes with corresponding values to the OPs.

Sorry, I didn't notice the prereqs when I looked at the ingame theme selection.:p Will report on balance issues (if any) after I play with it some more.:)

I played this without any mods but I can't get the theme that requires Oxford University. It always shows Oxford University in the not met requirements part eventhough I have it.
Thanks! I fixed that and it will be released with the next version.

Sorry, I didn't notice the prereqs when I looked at the ingame theme selection. Will report on balance issues (if any) after I play with it some more.
Looking forward to it :). That means I'll wait a bit with balacing

Nice work:goodjob:
I played some games with this mod, and i find it very interesting :D
I have some ctd with maps bigger than standard, but the other sizes work fine, i also played with other mods (call to power;), and its a funny way to play the game.
Btw will you create a theme that produces great persons ?
I will have an eye on your great work:king:

I played a very culture-heavy, two city, very peaceful game to test this and got the capitol almost every time. The themes which granted the wonder building speedup and the population were pretty much all I chose; I'd suggest nerfing them. If possible, two requests: it would also be nice to have a reference ingame for the theme's prerequisites, and to list themes' bonuses in the browser (jumping back and forth from the 'pedia was kind of annoying). Thanks, and great work:)

Thanks for the input :)

Btw will you create a theme that produces great persons ?
Hmm, good question; So far i have added one Theme (Benevolence) that grants you a great Artist. Since GPs are really strong I'll probably add them only for lategame themes.

I played a very culture-heavy, two city, very peaceful game to test this and got the capitol almost every time. The themes which granted the wonder building speedup and the population were pretty much all I chose; I'd suggest nerfing them.
Thanks, will do!

If possible, two requests: it would also be nice to have a reference ingame for the theme's prerequisites, and to list themes' bonuses in the browser (jumping back and forth from the 'pedia was kind of annoying).
I don't quite understand what you mean with the prerequisites - you can always look at them when you right-click on a theme.
i.e.:
Spoiler :

Regarding information about effects, I'll add more of that too, I also think that it's annyoing to open the civilopedia all the time. Adding that to the todo-list!

For v0.5 I'll add the possibility to view themes at any time;

I don't quite understand what you mean with the prerequisites - you can always look at them when you right-click on a theme.

Ah! Didn't know that.:p
Sorry if I wasn't clear, what I meant was that it would be nice to be able to view themes not unlocked (along with their prereqs) at any time to assist in decision-making about what tech, policy, etc to choose.

Regarding information about effects, I'll add more of that too, I also think that it's annyoing to open the civilopedia all the time. Adding that to the todo-list!

For v0.5 I'll add the possibility to view themes at any time;

Excellent:goodjob:

Sorry if I wasn't clear, what I meant was that it would be nice to be able to view themes not unlocked (along with their prereqs) at any time to assist in decision-making about what tech, policy, etc to choose.

Actually you can; just tick the "Show all themes" button on the bottom left of the window :)

I would love to see some sort of results window at the end of every "vote" much like there is with diplo victories.

suggest when you win the election over and over , please higher the cost of new culture(maybe with a system 5%,10%, 15% and so on):)

This is a very interesting mod!

I think this one has potential to become an elementary gameplay feature.

I didn't try it out yet, but soon :)

I hope you continue to work on this mod.

Because some themes seem to be imba for cultural victory, it could be interesting using this "theme"-idea for other domains such as battles, diplomatic and so on. So it could be interesting to have the same mechanism for "winning elections" being e.g. the best warmonger in order to get some bonuses by the "war" themes.

What do you think about it?

Version 0.5 has been released! View the opening post to see the changes.

Thanks all for your comments (sorry for answering that late, have been busy implementing :D).

I would love to see some sort of results window at the end of every "vote" much like there is with diplo victories.
I included now an overview window in the latest patch, where you can see all winners.

suggest when you win the election over and over , please higher the cost of new culture(maybe with a system 5%,10%, 15% and so on)
Also included in the new patch! You now get only 20% for the next election if you have won.

This is a very interesting mod!

I think this one has potential to become an elementary gameplay feature.

Because some themes seem to be imba for cultural victory, it could be interesting using this "theme"-idea for other domains such as battles, diplomatic and so on. So it could be interesting to have the same mechanism for "winning elections" being e.g. the best warmonger in order to get some bonuses by the "war" themes.

What do you think about it?
Well, there are already some themes for warmongers. But I am trying to not influence the Elections by war, since playing with this strategy is already powerful enough (in my opinion). I also thought about including a completely offensive theme, but I'll have to look further into lua for what's possible there.

Cultural Capital Mod v0.6 has been released!

Patch notes:

--------------
v0.6:
# Added now a better AI functionality that chooses based on viability, needs and flavors (instead of random)

# Balance Changes:
- Changed Tech-Requirement for Theme Construction to Metal Casting
- Improved Theme Controversy Bonuses
- Changed Building-Requirement for Theme Exchange to have a National Treasury in the Empire and reduced its Bonuses
- Slightly reduced progress cost for elections

# Misc:
- Included Whys' SaveUtils v8.

Good news:)

Thanks for the feedback Gilgamesch, good to see that it works! :)

Just for a short roundup what v0.7 will include:

- Ability to bribe the committee with gold
- Adding a progress view in the overview
- Balance Changes and two more Themes

I would suggest not including the bribery piece. Will the AI really understand how to use it?

So i like the idea of bribery, some times only one turn remains to win the election, and what happens? The ai wins, and i am angry. Hopefully the ai will bribery to.

Top Bottom