G-Minor 133

My single focus is the N.Park. I got Biology turn 93, 550BC. I did not take Astronomy first like I previously did. I just stayed completely focused on Bio.

Since I was in the West this time (with gold/silver/silver). I didn't have enough food to bother with Pyramids. (i.e. why waste all those hammers if you're only going to run 1 scientist + the 2 from G.Library)

I should have gone straight to constitution (for Rep) after Bio, but I forgot and did the usual Medicine (for Envir) and Astronomy.

Next, I go straight for Labs (superconductors).

Then I turned my focus to building/hammers (and go for Steel/Steam, etc)
That was another mistake: since I had Refrigeration, I should have gone to Econ+guild/bank/Corporation and incorporated Cereal Mills. That can give 5-10 food easily on this map. I did it eventually, but I delayed it a bit by turning my focus to hammers too early.

Nicely done. I was working on an early bio too for the Park in the east. Had a start that looked like ~1635 finish with nasty barbs early. May finish that game. Used monarchy + 8 cottages and Oracled biology.

Played the 8 cottage game out to 1640 AD. I was halfway through building the ship when I noticed I had never switched out of HR + OR. Guess US would have been useful. SP'ed things at the end on nice real estate:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4BeyondSword 2011-12-12 11-16-11-17.JPG
    Civ4BeyondSword 2011-12-12 11-16-11-17.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 134
fyi...1650 was the best game I had submitted until close to the end when I re-tried this. The results don't list more than 1 game per person.

fyi...1650 was the best game I had submitted until close to the end when I re-tried this. The results don't list more than 1 game per person.
Thanks. I got that when you mentioned 7 turns faster. I did a 2nd monarchy game for 1630 AD with Park at 500 AD. AI will get to alpha around 1400 BC-750 BC. I never could get an early alpha or Oxford to work for me but monarchy or aesthetics made for trade bait to get alpha usually. I loaded AIs with techers and scouters to be found and trade with. Monarchy is easy to play. Click on monarchy at start and decide when to break off for hunting/pottery/writing as needed. The earllier budhuism (sp?) is founded the faster an AI is likely to break off and do something smart. Also religion happiness will kick in sooner.

Well I finally solved the problem of getting monarchy to produce a 1500's win. The main problem was finding time to build the Oracle. What worked for me was to bulb education. Things fell in place after that. Oracle->biology and shortly after (it seemed) lib->medicine. Skipped refrigeration and maybe NE too. Did use Park + Globe. So Dynamic may have been right all along.

That is an impressive achievement. Never realized monarchy could do this well.

That is an impressive achievement. Never realized monarchy could do this well.
Me too. Perhaps it is the barbs that are responsible. It is simpler, with monarchy, to build some dual purpose units and use extra food for a 2nd scientist and 3-4 workers to forest preserve up fast. Thus, there is not much time to get Oracle done quickly.

I am currently testing a quad-deer start. A person can skip AH and forested deer can be swapped out for a preserve or a camp with the forest intact for the ending. They can also be pre-watermilled/workshopped/chopped too. Dates around 1575 should be possible depending on geography.

Top Bottom