The Sword of Islam 0.4.0 Discussion

would you mind telling me where the code for the city growth modifiers is that you mentioned as not working for the human player til now? I've searched around but can't find anything. thanks.

edit: ok I see why I can't find it, it was moved to python? I noticed the growth modifiers are gone from your CvRhyes file.

would you mind telling me where the code for the city growth modifiers is that you mentioned as not working for the human player til now? I've searched around but can't find anything. thanks.

edit: ok I see why I can't find it, it was moved to python? I noticed the growth modifiers are gone from your CvRhyes file.

Yeah, as explained on the last page of this thread, I moved a lot of data from the DLL to Python for easier modification. I plan to move all of it, if possible, to have as universal DLL as possible. With the next update it should be possible to change map sizes or use multiple maps without touching the DLL.

Concerning the stable Ghaznavids,
I think one of the problems is that even when Ghorids spawn and succesfully beat the Ghaznavids, the Ghorids tend to collapse really quickly and Ghaznavids flip back the cities that Ghorids had taken, thus escaping the collapse. Or at least that happened in my Seljuk game, when Ghorids had taken Ghazna, Hindu Kush and Lahore (1st screenshot). Not long after the Ghaznavids were stable again.

Don't know what happened to them in my Timurid game though (2nd and 3rd screenshot), I even flipped couple of their cities.:lol:

Maybe the Ghorids could use some stability buff, so that when they actually triumph, the Ghaznavids will have time to collapse.

Spoiler :

Edead, will there be a Venetian civilization?? I saw Enrico Dandolo and the Venetian Republic in the XML/Text/ :)

EDIT : And Genoan? and Jalayirids ? ;)

It seems I can't convert to Zoroastrianism,Buddhism or Judaism.

Edead, will there be a Venetian civilization?? I saw Enrico Dandolo and the Venetian Republic in the XML/Text/ :)

EDIT : And Genoan? and Jalayirids ? ;)

No. What would be the point of having Venetians? That stuff is from like 3 years ago, before the mod even had a map.

What i was wondering for a long time: Where's the flag your Delhi Sultanate uses coming from?

What i was wondering for a long time: Where's the flag your Delhi Sultanate uses coming from?

It comes from the Catalan Atlas. It's most likely wrong, given that the exact same flag was used by some khanate up North, but I found no other source.

About the URVS:

Sunni URV is moderate in diffculty due to the different GPs; spreading Sunni is also quite easy, but requires some work. The easiest part is becoming Royal Saint, perhaps the last decade (90-100) could be twice as hard to climb? Or then some relics could be required at some point.

Shia URV is usually a lot of fun, since while spawning Great Saints you usually have rage around for some relics. Making Shia the dominant religion can be easily linked to the relic hunt. Best URV in my opinion.

The Orthodox URV is the most complex due to the befriending, while planning to backstab your friends. Also you can do the cathedrals first and hope that they don't get destroyed at any point, like I did in my Byzantine game. Becoming Royal Saint is really easy once again.

Hindu URV is perhaps the one I like the least. All the goals are pretty simple and you can easily turtle in Hindustan. Getting Dwarka to produce 100gpt is really easy to accomplish via the abundant different strategies.

Catholic URV is quite difficult and requires you to really build up an army and fight your way to it. Basically it really differs from the other one, which makes it good one as well.

The URV scoring is pretty good at the moment, since it seems that good score can usually be achieved with later civs too. Imo the scoring should be calculated from the played turns, however earlier civs usually take a bit more time to build up, so that could be compensated as well.

:confused::mad:
What is this for idiocy
How is this possible?
Vijayanagara was never a part of the Bahmani Sultanate!
It was part of the Vijayanagara Empire!
I will delete those resistance and make peace(in the worldbuilder)!

It seems I can't build War Elephant even if I have ivory and selective breeding.

?????
:lol:
Adoni and Emmiganur are cities in that area.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0094.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 243
  • Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0095.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 264
:confused::mad:
What is this for idiocy
How is this possible?
Vijayanagara was never a part of the Bahmani Sultanate!
It was part of the Vijayanagara Empire!
I will delete those resistance and make peace(in the worldbuilder)!
Sorry, but do you have to phrase every one of your criticisms in such a mocking and outraged tone? It's annoying. Why not plainly state your objections without exasperated smilies and exclamation marks?

SoI doesn't cover Indian empires that stretch across the map's boundaries, because that would create its own problems with believability. And as in many other situations, it prefers gameplay over historical accuracy in this case, as any good game should. Short: it's a necessary abstraction.

Of course you're free to cheat if you're not happy with the situation.

the funny thing is he's trying to conquer karnataka as yemen in the 15th century and he's complaining about historical accuracy.

There is definitely something strange about Civciv5. Many of his posts do not sound ... um ... normal, for the lack of a better word. I am really curious who is he/she? At first, I thought that this impression is produced by his English. Then I thought he must be very young (age 15 or something). Sometimes I feel like he has a genuine ... you know ... issues. He combines pretty mature knowledge of an Asian history with the quite childish social skills. So, I am puzzled...

Do you think my English isn't good?
Maybe I formulate phrases strange,but that's because my native language is Dutch.
Issues?
What issues?
What do you mean issues?I don't have any problems.
I like reading books of history and know much of history of the world.

I don't know if it's the language. If you use words like idocy or angry smilies or post "??? :lol:" it comes across as if edead (or civ-addicted for that matter) are idiots or are maliciously denying you something you deserve.

Your Vijayanagara example could've been conveyed just as easily by "I noticed Vijayanagara flips to the Bahmanids, shouldn't it be part of the Vijayanagara Empire? Is there a reason for this?". Something like that doesn't automatically imply that edead didn't think about this already and maybe has good reasons for handling it the way he does.

There is definitely something strange about Civciv5. Many of his posts do not sound ... um ... normal, for the lack of a better word. I am really curious who is he/she? At first, I thought that this impression is produced by his English. Then I thought he must be very young (age 15 or something). Sometimes I feel like he has a genuine ... you know ... issues. He combines pretty mature knowledge of an Asian history with the quite childish social skills. So, I am puzzled...

Yeah, actually I was also thinking the same
Though I came to a conclusion in myself that he is probably young, that's all
Civciv5 do you mind telling us how old are you?

Sorry,but I don't want to tell my age.
I only say that you are pretty close to my age.

Sorry,but I don't want to tell my age.

No prob, perfectly understandable

I only say that you are pretty close to my age.

Now I'm curious, how do you know my age? :)

EDIT: I'm 25 btw. Are you still close? ;)

Top Bottom