Trade Agreements don't renew

hobbsyoyo

Deity
I've noticed on G&K (independent of size, speed, difficulty) that very often a trade will end when the number of turns expire. The very next turn, usually the trading partner will come to me and ask to re-do the trade under the same terms.

IIRC, in G&K, when a trade deal has run it's course, you were supposed to be given the option to renew the trade before it terminated. Except that for me, it terminates first, and then I get the option to renew after the fact on the next turn. It's a minor annoyance but I hate losing the resource, gold, etc from the trade for a turn & my notification sidebar stacks up with a bunch of junk messages about the deal being over.

I think it happens if the AI has something else they have to talk to you about on the turn the deal expires, although I'm not exactly sure. I've noticed they tend to renew one-for-one trades (i.e., My Truffles for Their 240 Gold/Whales) more than they do large deals (2 or 3 luxuries all at once).

I think it happens if the AI has something else they have to talk to you about on the turn the deal expires, although I'm not exactly sure.

I thought it might be that so I paid attention to see if someone would pop up on the tern that a deal expired. No one did, I watched multiple times. Good suggestion though.

It is frustrating though when stuff gets interrupted because the AI has something else to talk about. And it's dumb that when someone pops up at the beginning of a turn, you cannot talk about anything else. When you press the back button after hearing them, the only option you get is to close the window. You have to completely end the conversation and restart it in order to talk about something else.

The AI needs to have their side of the trade available to offer it. If you have a previous trade for 7 gold per turn and the AI at the time has 1 gold per turn, it might offer again when it has the money.

If it expires you can always re-negotiate the deal yourself. Maybe you want to trade it for straight cash instead of cash over time.

Top Bottom