Poland Discussions

Since no ones said it yet: the UA seems pretty OP. When you enter a new era is the perfect time for a free policy...think of all the slingshot type strategies. Earliest possible tradition finisher, rationalism opener, etc...

I hate the use of OP, not only is it overused, but often completely bypasses the original use of it.

Aside of this little rant, I do agree the UA is very interesting.
I Hope the other AI's will continue from this design on, and all have UA's as interesting.

Open ended UA's like this, and the mayan's make for deep and broad strategies, and the more complex the game the better.

Since the Oracle is also taken generally late, I can see strategies filling the Piety tree very quickly, f.e.

I'm a little worried their UA would be underpowered, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyways, I'm really excited about Winged Hussars! Can't wait to face off gunships in an air battle over a mountain with pikes! :lol: (Excuse my historical ignorance.)

We don't actually know that their entire UA is one free sopol per era. Maybe they have some second bonus?

I'm a little worried their UA would be underpowered, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Anyways, I'm really excited about Winged Hussars! Can't wait to face off gunships in an air battle over a mountain with pikes! :lol: (Excuse my historical ignorance.)

I'm already seeing the benefits for a wide empire if Order stays even close to the same. Getting the free happiness from the Opener the moment you enter the Industrial Era looks pretty ravishing to me.

Honestly depending on how different the new culture victory is this might be better for wide science/dom empires in general. It would give Poland a method of unlocking the important policies that doesn't require building a lot of culture in comparison to number of cities.

UB: Prince Stable: Add not only production but also food, gold and experience to horse units.

As the only company we had the opportunity to talk about the new addition to Civilization V. Why Casimir the Great? Do Hussars give advice? See for yourself. (...)

Hussars is our pride and courage helped her rolling many battles. Will it be adequately reproduced in the game?

Yes. Hussars is the only entity capable of put the enemy to withdraw. And if you ask them to do more harm than the reference, you will get the option displacement enemies of their area. As the enemy does not withdraw now, it will get extra damage. Hussars is therefore the only entity, able to break through enemy lines.

You talk about the unique buildings for each country. Poles what they can expect?

Poles will be a unique building supplement Horse Principe Husarii troops. It adds experience cavalry and makes the pastures around the city provide extra yields and gold. This is a huge afterburner, which differs from the usual stable was the prince.

Let's change the topic - what are the new nationality will appear in the add-on?

Soon we will be able to tell a lot of interesting things about the other fractions.

Can we expect any major changes in civilizations known to us already?

We had converted some civilizations, but because testing these changes, we can not yet reveal more details.(...)

What is the impact on the game will be World Congress? Whether it will be similar in design to the Senate in Galactic Civilization from Stardock, where we could choose only one of several options? Is this time we will have more influence on decisions taken there, and generally the subjects?

The Senate is usually assumed in the Renaissance, the first player to discover all civilizations. Senate assumption embeds the player in the role of the Chairman and give you special bonuses such as the ability to propose changes. After the first proposals is the time to gain allies, before the vote. The procedure begins again with each new election.

What you would call the most important change introduced in the Brave New World?

Culture plays an important role, it is more interactive. If you are a "builder" or a player that uses no more force, it should give you a huge field of possibilities.

Thank you very much, good find! :thumbsup:
Does the prince stable provide food or production bonus from pastures along with gold?

Nice, my idea of making the enemies rout was actually right!
Winged Hussars sound extremely interesting, looking forward to using or fighting against them.

I'm happy to see Poland in game! I don't know much about them and wasn't expecting it, though...

Does anyone here has any suggestions regarding their Music Theme? Geoff Knorr has done some neat stuff for Civ5, I can only wonder how great will his work be this time. So, anyone thinking of a national anthem/popular old music that would fit them? I'm as curious about their unique stuff as I am about the themes :D

Thanks, Art Grin!

I liked both suggestions, specially the last one :)

Didn't want to post in the sticky thread up top, but someone posted the stats of the Winged Hussar. Disappointing to see that it seems the Lancer base unit hasn't changed much. The pike into lancer upgrade and huge gap until anti-tank guns is constantly mentioned as annoying. It is still early and the stats obviously show nothing of the upgrade path or tech tree modifications, but I think if the base Lancer unit isn't fixed, the new Polish UU isn't going to get a lot of love.

Case in point: Hakkapellita

It's super awesome that we'll get Poland, always nice to play your own nation. And the choice of the leader seems reasonable, UU seems fun and it looks like UA is gonna be decent and easy to use.

Whether the UA is meh or awesome depends on whether the free social policy increases future costs (Mayan-like) or is truly free (Oracle). I assume it's the former, but I guess we'll see.

i'm sorry for not adding any new thing to subject but i just saw the news and i must share my reaction with somobody.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :bigfkingrin:

OK, i'm done.

No.. not yet:

YEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Now i'm done..:)

Thanks!

Now, sorry about the massive ignorance... but their UA, Solidarity. I know very few things about Poland, so I searched for that, and discovered it was a trade union started in 1980. Is it correct? If it has started in 1980, isn't it a bit too contemporary to be the UA of a civ which has a leader from the XIV century? I apologize if I'm mistaken - which I think I am.

Solidarity was more than just a trade union. It was a political weapon/organization that worked for the democratization of Poland and the removal of Soviet influence

Ok, now I understand. Thank you for the info! :)

Top Bottom