What determines which Social Policy title you receive?

Aramel

Warlord
It seems really random whether I end up with the title of Lord, President, or anything else. Today when I had Freedom, Tradition, and Piety maxed out I took 2 policies in Patronage and suddenly I was Haile Selassie the Enlightened. Then when I finished Patronage, I went back to being Lord Haile Selassie. Does anyone know how the game decides which title you receive?

It seems really random whether I end up with the title of Lord, President, or anything else. Today when I had Freedom, Tradition, and Piety maxed out I took 2 policies in Patronage and suddenly I was Haile Selassie the Enlightened. Then when I finished Patronage, I went back to being Lord Haile Selassie. Does anyone know how the game decides which title you receive?

Tradition - Lord/Lady
Liberty - Consul
Honor - the Great

Piety - the Pious

Patronage - the Enlightened
Commerce - Doge

Freedom - President
Autocracy - the Terrible
Order - Chairman

Usually your default title is one of the first three. Tradition is first, Consul is second.

I think that it's the last SP you took that determines it, but I'm unsure as to what determines it. I'd imagine "President" comes after taking Democracy from Freedom.

EDIT: Ninja'd by someone more knowledgable.

Tradition - Lord/Lady
Liberty - Consul
Honor - the Great

Piety - the Pious

Patronage - the Enlightened
Commerce - Doge

Freedom - President
Autocracy - the Terrible
Order - Charmin.

Usually your default title is one of the first three. Tradition is first, Consul is second.

Yeah, I understand which titles go with which policy trees, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the formula is for deciding which title to display when you've taken policies from multiple trees.

It does seem like you end up with one of the first three titles a lot. I remember being annoyed that I was still referred to as Consul George Washington even after I finished Freedom. Whole thing just seems really random.

Yeah, I understand which titles go with which policy trees, I'm just wondering if anyone knows what the formula is for deciding which title to display when you've taken policies from multiple trees.

It does seem like you end up with one of the first three titles a lot. I remember being annoyed that I was still referred to as Consul George Washington even after I finished Freedom. Whole thing just seems really random.

Yeah, whichever is first of the three first choices. Basically if you choose all of liberty, then do tradition, you are no longer Consul but Lord. I am not sure if it had to be complete or just a few chosen. Either way that is the system.

Top Bottom