Featurette 2- How's your German?

I doubt it, we would see it by now, what I do think is that Motherland was never in (or was scrapped after the ep was announced), or that it is a normal wonder.

It could be that all the late-game Wonders are divided by ideology, so that would factor into your choice.

Did the guy narrating this one talk like an auctioneer too?

By the way, it looks like Railroads got a graphical update. I noticed it on the ACW scenario screenshot, but I see it's in the main game too.

The ideological clashes didn't happen until the modern era anyway. I don't the 1910-1940's were still considered the industrial era.

The ideological clashes didn't happen until the modern era anyway. I don't the 1910-1940's were still considered the industrial era.

The stage was being set in the Industrial Age. Bismarck consolidating Wilhelm's power and ensuring Germany would remain autocratic put Britain and France in a bit of a panic.

In the game's terms, the Modern Era roughly denotes WWI to WWII.

In real life, we've technically been in the "modern era" since the late 18th century.

By the way, it looks like Railroads got a graphical update. I noticed it on the ACW scenario screenshot, but I see it's in the main game too.

Noticed this as well...I like the graphical updates they've given to forests and jungles but I'm not sure if I care for the change to railroads.

Speaker says "each ideology has a unique wonder" so this would seem to go against the idea of all modern wonders being tied to ideology. Also, Motherland Calls was not spotted anywhere on the Tech Tree which, along with the replaced Kremlin, was what spawned the Kremlin/Order theory in first place. So this will pretty much seem to confirm that MC is out.

On a sidenote, I notice that the Ideology panel shown at 0:55 says "best victory types" so hopefully this will mean that you won't be locked out of the last victory type when you choose an ideology, it just won't help you towards it.

At about 45 seconds in the video you can see the list of civs in the score chart that the demo is playing against. Can anyone pick out who is on it, I couldn't really tell

So Autocracy gets great tanks via Lightning War and Order gets to mass produce tanks via the Kremlin. I hope Freedom gets a nice Anti-Tank buff.

I hope you like your Foreign Legions, boy...
Ye gonna need them, ye'll.

Now, jokes aside...
Is it just me or exploration policy tree looks wholly unnapealing? I tought it would something like a colonialism/archeology policy tree, to mirror the Iberian naval expansion and the european artifact accummulation (with policies pertaining artifacts and city-state subjugation, possibly).
But... it's just a naval bonuses tree with an... artifacts related finisher?
Go home, Firaxis! You're drunk.

At about 45 seconds in the video you can see the list of civs in the score chart that the demo is playing against. Can anyone pick out who is on it, I couldn't really tell

There's nothing new there. Already announced civs and old civs.

Yeah there is a civ list. Nobody new though. Shaka Casimir, William Darius, Maria, Genghis Isabella.

I hope you like your Foreign Legions, boy...
Ye gonna need them, ye'll.

Now, jokes aside...
Is it just me or exploration policy tree looks wholly unnapealing? I tought it would something like a colonialism/archeology policy tree, to mirror the Iberian naval expansion and the european artifact accummulation (with policies pertaining artifacts and city-state subjugation, possibly).
But... it's just a naval bonuses tree with an... artifacts related finisher?
Go home, Firaxis! You're drunk.

It is a rather strange combination. I think the finisher makes up for the Great Works lost by not being able to take as much advantage of the Aesthetics Tree.

The Coastal City benefits are largely Happiness and Gold. I could see a civ like Carthage being an economic beast with Exploration and probably a few Commerce policies.

On a sidenote, I notice that the Ideology panel shown at 0:55 says "best victory types" so hopefully this will mean that you won't be locked out of the last victory type when you choose an ideology, it just won't help you towards it.
Locking you out would be lame, you can still conquer the world using freedom. :king:

1. You (Brazil)
2. Shaka
3. Casimir
4. Gengis Khan
5. Maria I
6. Isabella
7. William
8. Darius I

Brazil is shown with an infantry unit. Shouldn't that be a Pracinha?
I guess it was a gift from a city state?

Top Bottom