What's the Civ you want as 2nd round of DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

poom3619

Ping Pang Poom!
As almost all of the civ in BNW is revealed. (7+1 from 9) The discussion about civ to be included is fall silent and some of speculation is taken down by Alphabet and City-State theory.

I start this thread to hear what civ anyone want, given that said theory aren't in effect. The DLCs is different from the expansions since there are either 1 or 2 civ included and Firaxis wouldn't do anything that cause such scale of speculation.

Discuss!

My want list (by priority)

1. Vietnam
2. Tibet
3. Sioux
4. Khazars
5. Kongo
6. Argentina
7. Khmer
8. Apache
9. Inuit
10. Ashanti

As almost all of the civ in BNW is revealed. (7+1 from 9) The discussion about civ to be included is fall silent and some of speculation is taken down by Alphabet and City-State theory.

I start this thread to hear what civ anyone want, given that said theory aren't in effect. The DLCs is different from the expansions since there are either 1 or 2 civ included and Firaxis wouldn't do anything that cause such scale of speculation.

Discuss!

My want list (by priority)

1. Vietnam
2. Tibet
3. Sioux
4. Khazars
5. Kongo
6. Argentina
7. Khmer
8. Apache
9. Inuit
10. Ashanti

Dude? I thought u meant 7, than u added 1? U mean there are 8 civs and one to reveal?

This thread will be closed since there's quite a few of those already and you can go to the suggestion forum. Now, if you'd ask for what you want for civ5 after BNW, expansion (major features?), Civ DLCs, Combilation DLC's or other, this thread might have a chance ;)

Nevertheless, I'd want to get my list in quickly ;)

1 Australia (diverse geographic location, might be fun)
2 Congo (Africa! nuff said)
3 Inuit (Snow civ = fun, plus geographic diversity)
4 Israel (Religion + Espionage, might be great fun, or only Espionage, also ok)
5 Sumeria (long time favourite, preferably with a revamped and filled out Ancient Scenario)
6 Tibet (Hill civ, geography...)
7 Vietnam (Fill out South East Asia)

Runner-up: Comanche, Pueblo (in any variation...), Haida or Chola

I'd be hard-pressed to find 7 more civs that I'd want, whilst still trying to be realistic and without crossing over into Nation-state territory (though arguably that bridge has been crossed already), but I'll give it a shot.

Last Brave New World place: Sioux - I just expect it too much to let personal opinion get in the way.

1. Hungary - Gameplay wise, I could imagine a Culture-Cavalry civ. That aside, it is one of the last European powers that I feel should be included and would be a great rival to Venice - especially as it would seem Ragusa is remaining a city-state.
2. HRE - I'm looking for Charlemagne more than the civ itself. A Frankish civ would be more appropriate in this endeavour, but I can't imagine Firaxis opting for The Franks rather than HRE, when they didn't before. I also would like another civ that had some diplomatic bias toward city-states.
3. Phoenicia - The only ancient civ I would love to have. Commercial civs are my bias and I don't think an ancient civ currently fits this niche (unless you count Persia, I suppose).
4. Sumer - I'm not a fan of the ancient civs, but I think it's a reasonable inclusion, as there seems to be a great demand for it and it remains true to the civilisation style that civs are nominally intended.
5. Romania - I'm not sure how they'd play, but there's no denying the entertainment value of playing against Vlad the Impaler.
6. Kongo - There's no doubt it's highly sought here and that's kind of rubbed off onto me, if for no other reason.
7. The Papal States - I'm stretching the limits of plausibility, but I'd really like a very diplomatic, religious civ. Something which diplomatically encouraged sharing the same religion.

It'll depend on the last civ to be revealed, but Vietnam and the Mississippians are my first two choices at this point barring a reversal on the Pueblo. I think the one thing to keep in mind for DLC is there's usually a scenario that goes with it and, with some suggestions, that might be quite difficult.

I think because of the era this xpac is focused on, DLC should include colonial civs like Canada, Australia, Argentina etc... I would also include some native tribes to balance the colonial start-ups

Hmmm... if we're going for DLC packs how about:
- A southeast Asian triple civ pack including the Khmer, Vietnam and Burma, and perhaps a scenario focusing on the late medieval - early colonial period (between, say, 1350 and 1850 perhaps?).
- A South American Revolutionary pack featuring Gran Columbia and Argentina (+ possibly Mexico by extension?) and a scenario focusing on the wars of independance in the Spanish Americas?
- As others have suggested already, an Ancient Middle-Eastern civ pack with the Hittites and Sumeria (and perhaps Phoenicia) would be awesome too.

DLC would also be the best way of adding civs that may be controvertial in some places (as you can easily limit where they are released, unlike expansions), such as Tibet, or Israel. They might also be a good way of adding civs that tend to divide the fan community on whether they 'deserve' to be considered civs - such as the Inuit, Canada and Australia (doing so would be a good way for Firaxis to avoid the inevitable ranting that would occur if they took one of the spots in expansion 3 away from a more 'deserving' civ).

Honestly, I'd be overjoyed if we got both one final expansion and a bunch of DLC civs.

Hungary is my first choice, both because they're the most important Euro civ not in and because I just like Hungary with its culture and history (even though I'm not from there myself). Vietnam is probably second, but Asian civs in general are very welcome (Khmer, Tibet, Burma, even Ryukyu or Nepal). Israel would be really fun and unique, too, but I fear it might be too controversial (same goes for Tibet). Khazaria would be a fun alternative to it.

Oh, and Sumeria/Hatti as full civs, of course. They're practically finished already aside from the leaders (admittedly a time-consuming part of it) and some tweaks to make their abilities more unique.

Then again, a full list of civs I'd like includes about a hundred of 'em, the more the merrier I say...

Australia, as per this:

Spoiler :
I'm really not going to deny that this hasn't been said at least 1000 times, but Australia (not just on account of having their geographical inclusion being brilliant on TSL maps) would be as super to have in the game.

Sure, it's a Colonial nation, a constitutional monarchy and historically a loose bunch of co-existent native tribes, but I find Australia has a lot to offer and seeing as both the Russian and German civs in this game borrow UA's, UB's and UU's from throughout their century-long existence as an empire/peoples that cover a general geographic area.

So I'm not asking for an Aboriginal civ per say, or even just a strictly modern one, but rather one in the same vein as the two aforementioned civs. Strictly speaking - no, Australia is not a Civilization - but it's unique history as an amazingly vast and isolated landmass with a multicultural peoples and a thoroughly rich and interesting history (even as a colonial nation) is at least worthy of an inclusion in the series.

I mean, off the top of your head one could easily come up a myriad of options pertaining to an Australian 'Civ':

Emblem: White Field - Ochre Aboriginal Waterhole symbol (inverse of England), Green field and Gold symbol works too.

Start Bias: Coastal, near Stone

Leader: Menzies/Barton/Chifley

Unique Ability: Upstart Convicts - Settlers are 50% cheaper and found cities that provide +5 :c5unhappy: Unhappiness for 20 turns. +3 :c5happy: Happiness for Coastal Cities

-or-

Unique Ability: Dreamtime - -50% off your next Golden Age for every natural Wonder Discovered (one per NW). +1 :c5faith: for every unworked stone tile

-or-

Unique Ability: Boundless Plains to Share - +2 :c5happy: Happiness for Coastal Cities. +1 :c5citizen: Population for first 3 Coastal Cities every 10 turns once Australia reaches the Modern Age

----

Unique Unit: Aboriginal Hunter - Has ranged attack. Unique Promotion (Stealth) Ignore enemy zone of control. Replaces Scout, Upgrades to Archer.

Unique Unit: Digger Infantry - Unique Promotion (Trench Warfare) 35% Fortification Defense Bonus, replaces Great War Infantry.

Pick 'n choose. There are heaps more options out there, but these are just the ones I scraped off the top of my head.

Also Tibet, Wallachia and Sumeria would be brilliant.

All scenario civs are exclusive tothe scenario or allready in
1/2. Vietnam and Nepal, both in one pack with south east asia colinization scenario (with England, France, netherlands, indonesia, india, vietnam, nepal)
3. Romania, with an ottoman assault scenario. (Italy, HRE, Poland, Austria, Ottomans)
4. Olmec with a mesoamerican culture war scenario(Inca, Maya, Aztec, Olmec, Toltec)
5/6. Pueblo and Comanche, with a Manifest destiny scenario (America, Mexico, Pueblo, Comanche, Tillamook, british canada).
7. Sudan (nubia) with an ancient north africa war scenario (Egypt, greece, Persia, sudan, phoenecia [carthage])

This thread will be closed since there's quite a few of those already and you can go to the suggestion forum. Now, if you'd ask for what you want for civ5 after BNW, expansion (major features?), Civ DLCs, Combilation DLC's or other, this thread might have a chance ;)

Well, I wonder what everyone think about the civ he/she want as Civ DLC, Because everywhere else is pretty much talking about BNW, and if you say "Khmer" in any thread, there would be someone who said about alphabet theory, over-representation, CS and thing.

This thread is for plausible civ (in one's mind) that might included in any means after BNW is released.

Scenario civs can always be upgraded to full civs later on.

I'd like to see Iceland, with a focus on the medieval period. There's the Sagas, a fascinating legal system, an almost overnight religious conversion, an unusual geographic location... plenty to work with.

Aside from that, I'd be in favour of more African civs in general; Kush and the Kingdom of Zimbabwe come to mind, but there may be better ones.

Finally, given the number of anachronism already extant, why not introduce Catalhoyuk as a City State?

If I had to choose a slate for another expansion, I would go with:

1. Sumer
2. Kongo
3. Israel
4. Chachapoya
5. Toltecs
6. Romania
7. Zimbabwe
8. Khazars
9. Inuit
10 (Pueblo if they aren't included here in BNW)

I feel that would be a fairly balanced list, with a decent amount of name recognition and gameplay potential. Israel and Romania particularly could tap potential sentiments. Sumer has its fans. Kongo and Zimbabwe could add their own gameplay. Khazars offer another Jewish option for both tension diffusion and offer new gameplay routes. Toltecs add diversity to the Mesoamerican region and the Chachapoya add a competitor to the Inca. Inuit would be largely gameplay based to address ice/snow/tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom