Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Thx for the suggestion, but it didn't help. Since I'm the only one with a problem, I'll try reinstalling the game and using only your mod on a fresh install, maybe this helps with the Communitas problem as well.

As I said, it's only one additional click if you know how to handle it.

Thx for the suggestion, but it didn't help. Since I'm the only one with a problem, I'll try reinstalling the game and using only your mod on a fresh install, maybe this helps with the Communitas problem as well.

As I said, it's only one additional click if you know how to handle it.

You are not. I have seen the same yesterday when trying this mod for the first time. I use CivWillard and Global Relations, both mods are savegame compatible and "harmless", do not conflict with this one, so I doubt they have anything to do with this problem.

No modded BNW here, and also Save Game and Options seems to be unresponive until you press Return to The Game.

It's non critical, Return to Game fixes the issue until you press.. esc.. again.

ANYWAY,

Is the aim of this 'mod' only to improve User Interface, I would love if you could somehow add "pins" to maps, also, would you be able to give unreachable hexes (beyond the 3 radius) a speciifc color so i know that the city cannot work that tile?

It's not critical but I'd like to fix this bug...
Are you using Windows 8 or touch interface ? (then problems like this are to be expected)
Would you have an lua.log I could take a look at ?

@TheKingOfBigOz: what do you mean by "add "pins" to maps" ? And yes it's possible to "paint" unreachable hexes, but would'nt your map look outright ugly ? Plus doesnt the city view already fill this role ?

Are you using Windows 8 or touch interface ? (then problems like this are to be expected)

@TheKingOfBigOz: what do you mean by "add "pins" to maps" ? And yes it's possible to "paint" unreachable hexes, but would'nt your map look outright ugly ? Plus doesnt the city view already fill this role ?

Win 7 x64 here. I don't think it's OS related.

I have seen a similar behaviour when I was fine adjusting Global Relations; I remember the cause was some missing/misplaced calls to the ShowPopup or PushModal functions somewhere, so you may look at that first, specially if you used those functions somewhere when you modified some of the base game files for the mod. Or some ShowHide function not working or modified...

1. Although I now play normal Civ 5 regulary, I do enjoy Hotseat games and I often get sidetracked controlling 10 civs, so being able to plan out, say, Spain finds a Natural Wonder, I add a pin near Uluru so I know where to place the next city.

2. As far as I know the "orangeybrown" tiles are the territory of a city, but it there is no clear indication that the tile is TOO far away to be worked when hovering over a city.

3. The city view DOES it, but this is more for workers, so I don't have to count out the tiles myself to see, I could just hover over the city.

Btw, I LOVE this mod, it's the quilivent of BUG in my opinion.

Thanks bc1, your recommendation to fix the problem of selecting a tech worked for me.
I'm having the same problems with the tooltip as Tomice.
I've also seen the same minor bug as mentioned above, this was even with only your DLC active.

1. Although I now play normal Civ 5 regulary, I do enjoy Hotseat games and I often get sidetracked controlling 10 civs, so being able to plan out, say, Spain finds a Natural Wonder, I add a pin near Uluru so I know where to place the next city.

One of the features I truly miss from Civ IV is the map notes. I used to make notes all over the map for placing cities, where a garrison unit being constructed was heading, etc. all so if I was away from the game for a prolonged time I could quickly re-orient myself as to what I was doing.

I have this policy of not adding information not already available somewhere else in the game. Is this already available / or can be inferred from somewhere else, if so where ?

My original item 4 wasn't very clear, especially because I didn't mean the domestic adviser. The same information can obtained from cycling through the military adviser. There's usually a whole bunch of screens that say "I think I saw the only unit the [insert civ] have...." The information is there, it's just really annoying the way the player is expected to extract that information. We're a long way from Civ4's graphs.

I also share your opinion of UIs that merely make information more accessible. I was a big supporter of the BUG mod on Civ4.

My original item 4 wasn't very clear, especially because I didn't mean the domestic adviser. The same information can obtained from cycling through the military adviser. There's usually a whole bunch of screens that say "I think I saw the only unit the [insert civ] have...." The information is there, it's just really annoying the way the player is expected to extract that information. We're a long way from Civ4's graphs.

I also share your opinion of UIs that merely make information more accessible. I was a big supporter of the BUG mod on Civ4.
@bc1,

the following function is what I use for Global Relations in order to mimic the Mil Advisor and their wording (extracted from the exact formula inside the dll code). Feel free to use it inside your mod:

Code:
-- Mimics the Military Advisor's comments on relative power using the same formulas
-- glider1, Aristos
function getMilitaryPowerText(iPlayer)
	local basePower = 30;
	local ourPower = basePower + Players[Game.GetActivePlayer()]:GetMilitaryMight();
	local hisPower = basePower + Players[iPlayer]:GetMilitaryMight();
	local milRatio =  100 * hisPower / ourPower;

if milRatio >= 250 then
		return Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_GR_IMMENSE");
	elseif milRatio >= 165 then
		return Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_GR_POWERFUL");
	elseif milRatio >= 115 then
		return Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_GR_STRONG");
	elseif milRatio >= 85 then
		return Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_GR_AVERAGE");
	elseif milRatio >= 60 then
		return Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_GR_POOR");
	elseif milRatio >= 40 then
		return Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_GR_WEAK");
	else
		return Locale.ConvertTextKey("TXT_KEY_GR_PATHETIC");
	end
end

(you can also include the entire GR in your pseudo-dlc if you want, would make for a heck of a DLC). Your call.

One of the features I truly miss from Civ IV is the map notes. I used to make notes all over the map for placing cities, where a garrison unit being constructed was heading, etc. all so if I was away from the game for a prolonged time I could quickly re-orient myself as to what I was doing.

Try this: http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/96b31a10-8777-442f-9e6b-0f8fa969b86f/mod.html

Save Game and Options seems to be unresponive until you press Return to The Game.
+1, but it isn´t critical IMO.

---

bc1 and Thala, I hope for compatibility with CEP because this DLC rocks as Communitas does, and sadly we can´t use both yet :cry:

With Thala´s fix I also lose tile tooltips.

Win 7 x64 here. I don't think it's OS related.
It could have been touch related. The DLC is probably not compatible with touch, since I have done nothing to make it so.

I've also seen the same minor bug as mentioned above, this was even with only your DLC active.
+1, but it isn´t critical IMO
So it looks like it’s systematic…

One of the features I truly miss from Civ IV is the map notes.
being able to plan out, say, Spain finds a Natural Wonder, I add a pin near Uluru so I know where to place the next city
So what’s the point if a good alternative already exists ?

there is no clear indication that the tile is TOO far away to be worked when hovering over a city
Wouldn’t that be useful only when settling new cities ? I could do something like that but only when a settler is selected, that’s the only time you can actually do something about it

The information can obtained from cycling through the military adviser.
OK then I will add something equivalent
you can also include the entire GR in your pseudo-dlc if you want
Thanks :D ! But how does it make it better to include it in the DLC ?

If both me and my friend have this installed, will it work multiplayer since it's in the DLC folder? If so, I can definitely support having Global Relations included in this :)

And a minor thing, but why is the influence-reduction-per turn info removed from tooltip over CS banner? I know it's on the ribbon to the right, I'm just not very used to it yet.

@bc1,

the following function is what I use for Global Relations in order to mimic the Mil Advisor and their wording (extracted from the exact formula inside the dll code).
[snip code]

Wasn't there an "inferior" in there as well? Thought I saw that in your mod.

A lot of these features I can't necessarily use because they require MODS, and I want to be able to use the PROPER hotseat (the Custom Advanced Setup is flawed because it isn't really hotseat).

2. As far as I know the "orangeybrown" tiles are the territory of a city, but it there is no clear indication that the tile is TOO far away to be worked when hovering over a city.

Actually there is a clear indication it's too far away to work. If you mouse over city banner, even though tiles beyond 3 still show "orangeybrown" they do not show yields while those within 3 tiles do (just noticed this in my current game and it's a pretty clear indicator to me that it's 4+ tiles out).

Something I could do is when a settler is selected, a shadow of the 3-ring city print appears around the plot being moused over. Border growth is more organic in Civ V than it was in Civ IV...
Yes, that sounds like a great start. I was hoping for something that can be done before a settler is even available, but I'll certainly take the former. I realize border growth is much different, but the goal here I believe would be to show the full 3-hex "radius" so the player can easily see the workable potential of the city. This would make roping together several resources a whole lot easier. Often I have two in range and need to recount all over again if I'm trying for additional resources, a coast settling, or some other strategic spot as well as the resources.

Thanks :D ! But how does it make it better to include it in the DLC ?

Well, some BTS veterans really miss the relations wheel, mainly (me included), and InfoAddict may be considered cheating by our standards (you have the same spirit as me in your DLC, "available info only"), thus making IA a non-option to display the wheel. If you add GR to the DLC, you would have all possible ways of showing the diplo info: your wonderful ribbon, plus the wheel. For all tastes.

Wasn't there an "inferior" in there as well? Thought I saw that in your mod.

Yes, I used "Inferior" in place of WEAK, and "Weak" in place of POOR, trying to use antonyms (STRONG - WEAK, etc), but I may need to change some of those... or, to preserve the advisor's exact meaning, use the same wording. May change that in the future.

Top Bottom