Quick question about purchasing Great People with faith

khdou

Chieftain
What are the exact conditions to do it? Sometimes I find myself able to buy a Great Scientist with faith and sometimes I'm not. Do I have to completely fill out the Rationalism tree to do so? The game is being really vague. And that is different from the mechanics in G&K where you just had to start the tree?

Yes, you have to complete all the policies in a tree to be able to buy Great People with faith whereas in G&K you just had to open the tree.

But the game is not vague about it, if you hover your cursor over a tree it will tell you exactly what opening and completing the tree gives you.

The biggest difference between G&K and BNW for existing mechanics is that in G&K you only needed to open the tree while in BNW you need to complete the tree.

(Can be bypassed by those choosing Piety and Glory of God)

Also, you still need to reach Industrial era.

Also, your city needs a religion. Not just a pantheon. Which is kind of an important thing, and something easily missed if you're having troubles with it.

You also need to not have the city occupied by another unit of the same class, such as another Great Person. Though thats easily fixed by just stepping the occupying unit out first, of course.

Also, your city needs a religion. Not just a pantheon. Which is kind of an important thing, and something easily missed if you're having troubles with it.

Of course if you've missed a religion, or as I often do playing Immortal when I am sure my lands will be full of AI Prophets and Missionaries, elect to just accept whatever religions come my way, by the time you've progressed enough to be buying GP with faith, certainly some of your cities have some religion so this isn't going to be an issue.

Top Bottom