Sword of Islam: Strategy discussion

The one that requires you to be scientifically and culturally ahead. Byzantines are initially ahead in culture bc they have more cities with their state religion. And bc I don't want to use the culture slider, I build madrassas and monuments.

I never focus on that at all. The wonders and religion points have always been enough for me (some madrassas too), and I don't use the culture slider either.

Quick UHV Question:

I was playing as the Georgians on Sultan level, and I quickly finished two of the UHV's and then I suddenly collapsed (due to the Seljuks and Abbasids invading me en masse), I was later able to push them out of the Caucasus, but as it was already 1300, I did not go to finish off the rest of the independent states that were left around. I then went to capture a city in Lesser Armenia and gave it to a ORTHODOX Armenia and then there was only on Independent state left in Armenia (which was Shi'ite). Overall though there were no Muslim factions within the Caucasus or Lesser Armenia. There was only an ORTHODOX Georgia and Armenia and a bunch of Independent cities; does this not check the last UHV as complete? :confused:

See if any of those "independent" cities aren't really barbarian aka Mongol, because barbs count as non-Christians. Possibly the UHV text should be more clear on this.EDIT: Sorry, actually barbarians don't count, though I intended them to do. It should work fine with just Armenia, Georgia & Rebels/barbs.

See if any of those "independent" cities aren't really barbarian aka Mongol, because barbs count as non-Christians. Possibly the UHV text should be more clear on this.EDIT: Sorry, actually barbarians don't count, though I intended them to do. It should work fine with just Armenia, Georgia & Rebels/barbs.

Ya there are NO barbarian cities in the Caucasus region OR Lesser Armenia; but yes I agree Barbarians should be seen as non-Christian states. I've attached a savegame for you, so you can check out this bug.

Also another gameplay issue I saw, was that the Georgians and I also believe the Armenians have VERY little mercanaries, especially when coming into the later era's, I could NEVER find any mercanaries to find, it was quite hard to do so. So if you could please ramp that up, that would be great; or even add new mercanaries, that too would be pretty cool! :D

Attachments

• SoI Georgia Empire.CivBeyondSwordSave
    977.7 KB · Views: 105
Thanks for the save, I'll see what's going on there.

Reducing mercenary availability for areas like Caucasus was the main goal for overhauling mercenary system a few patches ago, so no, they won't be getting more mercenaries (one of the complains was, it was too easy to just buy yourself an army against Seljuks etc.). They do have some Caucasus specific ones, like Alans, Circassians etc. Anyway, that doesn't belong to strategy discussion.

I'm currently playing as the Safavids, and I'm trying to complete the Shahnameh title UHV, but when I conquered all the necessary provinces, I still did not get the option to build the Shahnameh! Can someone please tell me whats going on?

First, I guess you mean Shahanshah. Second: do you control Western Khorasan? The civilopedia wrongfully asks for Eastern Khorasan instead.

First, I guess you mean Shahanshah. Second: do you control Western Khorasan? The civilopedia wrongfully asks for Eastern Khorasan instead.

Yes I meant the Shahanshah title (I was thinking of the Shahnameh wonder :D ). And yes I control Mashdad in Western Khorasan, the Timurds control Marv in Eastern Khorasan.

You sure you're the only one in the Shahanshah territory? Sometimes some other faction places an additional city in Fars or in Kurdistan by the Azerbaijan border. Just asking bc I properly got the title with conquest of WKh but not EKh (as AkK, Safavids, Khwarezm).

You sure you're the only one in the Shahanshah territory? Sometimes some other faction places an additional city in Fars or in Kurdistan by the Azerbaijan border. Just asking bc I properly got the title with conquest of WKh but not EKh (as AkK, Safavids, Khwarezm).
Nope I checked I'm the only controller of all my regions. Perhaps I should try taking Eastern Khorsan, but I have a feeling that won't change anything. I can assure everyone that I am the only controller of all cities in the alloted provinces. I'll upload a save game for you guys to look at later.

You do know that being the Shahanshah and building the Shahnameh have nothing to do with eachother?

You do know that being the Shahanshah and building the Shahnameh have nothing to do with eachother?

OK! I'm SOO confused! As the Safavids, I control all the provinces, how do I gain the title to complete the UHV?? I'm SOO confused! On the one hand all I had to do for the Seljuks was conquer the provinces listed and build the Shanameh, and I got the title! Why is it different for the Safavids?

You building the "book of kings" wonder should have no relation whatsoever to you (not) claiming the "king of kings" title, regardless of whatever faction you're playing. That's what it's always been like for me. Do you use a later SVN version of the mod?

Otherwise, bc it's always worked for me so far and you assert you are the only civ to have cities in Persia, you either accidentally skipped a province or misplaced a city. Tabaristan comes to my mind here. I sometimes did forget about it until late in my games. But Bojnurd (which the AI sometimes founds) is already 1E out of Tabaristan.

You'd best try spamming cities all over Persia and conquer both Marv and Herat. Post a screenie or a save if it still doesn't work.

Theoretically it's possible that someone else still holds the title (Seljuks for example). In this case you have to vassalize or collapse them to free it.

Theoretically it's possible that someone else still holds the title (Seljuks for example). In this case you have to vassalize or collapse them to free it.

I checked no one else has the title! (You can check in the 5 Top cities screen)

And yes I will post a save! :p

Thanks for everyone's help so far :goodjob:

Could someone help me out as timur, I love massacring populations (which is why I stay pagan for so long) however they are the hardest for me.

And the KoJ is next to impossible. I was playing on lowest difficulty and conquered all of hejaz and Yemen, trying to get the resources requirement (the Hindus will never trade silk etc) and I collapsed because the mamluks took Jerusalem. I know about Christianizing the zengi's and preventing the ayubid spawn.

Also, any advice with Georgia

Hi Guys,

Ok here is my save game, what do you guys think? I REALLY cannot find out why I cannot get that UHV!! :dunno:

Attachments

• SoI Safavid Empire.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
Hi Guys,

Ok here is my save game, what do you guys think? I REALLY cannot find out why I cannot get that UHV!! :dunno:

The save needs latest SVN version so most will not open it. Anyway, you can't get the title because Alp Arslan holds it, and he's dead. It's odd because projects/titles are removed when a civ dies or collapses, so I can't find anything wrong.

If you want to fix your current game, open Python console with ~ (shift+~, should say Python in the heading), type this and hit enter:
Spoiler :

gc.getTeam(13).changeProjectCount(2, -1)

Don't know what's more weird, Ayyubids controlling the Levant and Eastern Anatolia in 16th c. or Sindh with capital in Ghazna.

Top Bottom