Teams: 2 humans vs computer teams

Civ5373

Chieftain
The computer in private team mode does not give much resistance. It usually only builds 1 or 2 cities and offers not much competition. The computer does not act like in Deity mode. How do you make the computer play at a higher level? My friend and I end up beating the game very easily. Please help.

As far as I know, you can't adjust the ai difficulty in multiplayer (and it's set to Kingish...).

You might just try facing eachother and give yourselves some real competition :p

Hope that helps!

You need to adjust the handicap.

The AI on MP is set to King.

20% handicap= Emperor
40% handicap= Deity

Still, with two human players playing together, it's still easier to beat the AI in this format, because your doubling your advantage over the AI, as you and another human will actually use strategy, whereas the AI just kinda does random things, never really using a coherent strategy (don't choose good tech paths, hardly ever attacks w/ more than one unit per turn).

Thank you for the information. I do not know how to change the computers handicap. I cannot select it in the options. Should I simply change my own handicap?

You can't change the ai handicap....

The handicap applies on yourself : 40% handicap gives you 20% discount on unit production I think....
-If this can be confirmed, I'd be a happy player :p

You can't change the ai handicap....

The handicap applies on yourself : 40% handicap gives you 20% discount on unit production I think....
-If this can be confirmed, I'd be a happy player :p

40% handicap means all things that you can build in your city, have a lower cost of 40%

Then a warrior costs 6 hammers

I hope they change this problem in the next patch. I do not know where to send such a suggestion.

I hope they change this problem in the next patch. I do not know where to send such a suggestion.

They won't patch it anymore. And we have already told you how to solve the problem, play on multiplayer if you can, and you will see that playing good players is like playing on deity on your first game (the real first game), or something like that

That does not fix the problem of wanting to play a game with your friend against two deity computers. You can set the difficulty in single player but not in multiplayer. The suggestions made are great alternatives, though. Relax.

Top Bottom