Cities Don't Grow

Rilbur

Chieftain
I'm playing as Elohim (and had the same problem with Grigori) and my cities won't grow -- they don't seem to be able to turn food into pop, the excess is just shunted into production instead of growth. I don't know what caused it, both of them show *some* growth bar, but then they just... stopped.

I think it may be related to my changing civics, but that doesn't seem to make sense because Anarchy is long sense over....

In a word, no. I had two problems: one, while building settles and workers food is moved from growth to production (I'm going to assume that's a normal Civ4 rule I just never noticed because of the difference in production times between Civ4 and FfH2 -- I'm still learning all the differences between Civ4 and the Civ2 I started with. I never really 'caught on' with Civ3 after the first few games where that resource I REALLY NEEDED existed only deep in enemy territory...).

Number two I still haven't figured out -- it looks like sometimes anarchy manages to 'stick' even though it shouldn't.

Top Bottom