+52 G&K achievements added (with description)

It could very well be requirement to be Celts for this. It coudl be their achievement, like Dido's achievement is attacking a Roman unit with their AFElephant from a mountain tile. And Washington's achievement is attack a city with their UU F17 (or whatever).

Starting a game as Byzantium in the Renn scenario auto unlocks a religion achievement. I think the one for founding a religion. A person doesn't have to do anything. (I have played a normal game yet. :crazyeye:)

From Russia with Love
As Russia, kill an English Spy.

- I played a hotseat game by myself, and killed English spy with russia. Didn't got the achievement, while it gave me Whack a Mole(Find and kill an enemy Spy.) achievement.

We are Family
Become the dominant Religion in every Capital city on a standard-size or larger map.

- Tried this on standard size and large size. I did spread my religion to all capitals but it didn't work.

For Longest Name Ever, you should pick a Huge map, no cs, no barbs, no victory conditions, quick speed as the Celts. 33rd city you found will be victory.

I left conditions on and Pacal almost won a diplomatic victory, so it's best to just turn those off :x I also used a great plains map, qued settlers in every city and purchased new ones on the outer limits.

I got From Russia with love. Duel Pangea with just me and the English. Took a while for my spies to kill him. English made off with several techs before I got the spy. I don't know if the hotseat option is what's messing you up.

As for We Are Family, nobody here has gotten it. I'm done with it until someone figures it out

99% of achievements don't work in Hotseat because it's Multiplayer, because you could easily exploit the MP into getting the achievements.

The most enjoyable achievements have been:

I Missed That Day in History Class
Capture any Sassanid city as the Celts in the Fall of Rome scenario.
Spoiler :
I took some screenshots from East & West Rome to use as maps. My path was cross France and Italy and then embark into Adriatic Sea. Cross Mediterranean, took a East Rome city before i could take a Sassanid city

Mehmet the Conqueror
As the Turks, conquer Istanbul on Deity in the Into the Renaissance scenario.

I'm not a Deity player, takes too long time to play due all mandatory micromanagement. But once in a while it's fun especially when it comes to achievements :)

Spoiler :
I only build 3 cities. In the image below you can see my third city (Ankara). My tactic was to take Istanbul/Constantinople using ships after conquer Antioch. I only researched production and land units tech so build warchips was not an option. But with Turks special Price Ship promotion I was able to build Trireme and manage to get control of 4 Byzantium Privateers.

I was not involved in any war before I started the war against Byzantium. I was friend with Saladin and al-Manzur and together we started the war around turn 92. In turn 120 Saladin backstab me. But AI is very poor to avoid Citadels so it was never a problem. I only build (Cross) Bowmans and (Long) Swordmans (one or two Pikemans for protections). In the Image you can see my Capital and 2:nd city.

N.B When it comes to Deity and micromanagement Culture is extremely important due to higher costs for polices. First I took all Liberty and a free GS, important since I had no plans for education tech, followed by 3 Honor. After that focus on production and war (no more micromanagement).

Edit: I use historical map, I know you can use random map but that will take away the fun and make it just another lame achievement...

^
Nice! I did something similar. However the intel network doesn't work for me yet. I generally wait until someone informs me of some intrigue, say Russia, then put my spies in other countries until someone plots against Russia. Sharing that intrigue with Russia does not trigger the achievement.

^
Nice! I did something similar. However the intel network doesn't work for me yet. I generally wait until someone informs me of some intrigue, say Russia, then put my spies in other countries until someone plots against Russia. Sharing that intrigue with Russia does not trigger the achievement.
Thy, I also had some problem with the intel network, check this post for suggestion.

With only one spy in one of three AI Capital I finally got a "different" pop up (full screen) from X telling me that Y is planning to attack me. X also tells me to pls return the favor...
I do get this pop up for the intel network but when I return the favor no achievement.

what's the trick for Junta for Red October?

ive rigged elections several times at city states they became eventualy my ally but no achievement
i also started it when they where ally with another civ

what's the trick for Junta for Red October?

ive rigged elections several times at city states they became eventualy my ally but no achievement
i also started it when they where ally with another civ
You are supposed to create a coup'de'tat and yes they need to have another civ as ally and establish surrvallince.

I got the Intel Network and From Russia with Love by playing Russia on a duel map with England and some other civ. Renn era start. Don't know why Intel Network didn't trigger sooner but with this setup two birds could be killed with one stone. I left spy in capitol until someone shared intrigue then moved it to the appropriate AI then back to Moscow when the time was right.

Hannibal’s Crossing
As Carthage, attack a Roman Unit with an African Forest Elephant from a mountain tile.

how do you do this ?
doing it from a hill wont count and you can't stand on a mountain tile

No stand behind a mountain make sure a roman unit is one the other side then attack before he moves. P.S apparently mountains are like flat land so you won't have to wait on a mountain.

thanks for that tip :)
that didnt work the elelephant moves around the mountain not over it

got it

thanks for that tip
that didnt work the elelephant moves around the mountain not over it
The UA works once you've gotten a great general. After that all units will treat mountains like roads.

Top Bottom