CivStats.com - View your Pitboss games on the web

Thanks for looking into this, OverloadUT! :)

I immediately got an error message after the app asked me to select the pitboss.exe file that states:

Line 5713 (File "my/path/to/CivStatsUploader.exe"):

Error: Variable used without being declared.

Ah ha! It took a bit of digging, but it turns out that this error was caused by exactly what I feared when I originally modified the code: the newer version of AutoIt changed around where some things are stored in the official libraries.

Luckily it was an easy fix!

Here's the new version, and I've verified that it doesn't crash on startup. Can't guarantee it will get any further though!

http://civstats.com/downloads/CivStatsUploader_1.5.3.1.zip

This time the uploader starts, and everything seems to be working - but eventually the uploader crashes with the following error:

AutoIT Error

Line 5888 (File "path/to/CivStatsUploader.exe"):

Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

The log file contain the following:

18.03.2014 23:55:50 - Server timed out. Will retry.
19.03.2014 00:04:09 - Server timed out. Will retry.
19.03.2014 01:37:11 - ERROR: Regex for getting Year did not match anything
19.03.2014 01:37:11 - ERROR: Regex for getting Turn Timer did not match anything
19.03.2014 03:01:56 - Log file opened at 19.03.2014 03:01:56
19.03.2014 04:00:45 - ERROR: Regex for getting Year did not match anything
19.03.2014 04:03:28 - ERROR: Regex for getting Year did not match anything
19.03.2014 04:03:28 - ERROR: Regex for getting Turn Timer did not match anything

Weird. That one will be much harder to debug, especially when the line numbers are all wrong in the exe version of the program.

I have decided to open-source the CivStats Uploader - it's way overdue, and to my 2014 self it feels silly that I didn't do this from the beginning. But alas, I am a different person than I was 8 years ago.

It's on GitHub
https://github.com/OverloadUT/CivStatsUploader

If anyone is interested in helping debug this new error, grabbing the code from GitHub and running the .au3 script directly (using the latest AutoIt release) would be a great help, because then the error will report the proper line number at the very least. And hell, if you know how to program and want to take a shot at fixing it yourself, even better ;)

I already had to update some of the code simply to make it compile in the latest version of AutoIt. I was using some built-in functions that just plain don't exist anymore. I wouldn't be surprised if the error above is from a similar issue :(

Anyone having any issues with receipt of e-mail notifications? Pretty much everyone in my current game uses gmail, but none of us have received notifications of turn changes for about a week now (though the civstats website is correctly updated).

Working for any non-gmail users, or is this a universal problem?

Thanks,

-Dan

Anyone having any issues with receipt of e-mail notifications? Pretty much everyone in my current game uses gmail, but none of us have received notifications of turn changes for about a week now (though the civstats website is correctly updated).

Working for any non-gmail users, or is this a universal problem?

Thanks,

-Dan

Looks like it could be related specifically to gmail. Tried with my work address and got the confirmation e-mail. OverloadUT -- any chance you can request Gmail delist your IP or the like?

Thanks,

-Dan

Check your spam folders in regards to gmail and the notifications. I am using gmail for my notifications and I think it was about a week ago that I discovered that gmail had decided the notifications were spam for me. After I deflagged them they appear in my inbox as usual again.

Check your spam folders in regards to gmail and the notifications. I am using gmail for my notifications and I think it was about a week ago that I discovered that gmail had decided the notifications were spam for me. After I deflagged them they appear in my inbox as usual again.

They are definitely not in the spam folder -- triple checked that. Just switched my account back to my gmail address and have not received the confirmation e-mail (either in the inbox or in the spam folder).

When was the last successful notification you received to gmail? In the spam folder or otherwise.

When was the last successful notification you received to gmail? In the spam folder or otherwise.

That sounds odd. I received my last notification email yesterday 14:46 CEST.

That sounds odd. I received my last notification email yesterday 14:46 CEST.

Can you go to gmail and go to 'show original', then look for the first received: line in the headers:

X-Received: by 10.140.81.198 with SMTP id f64mr39415154qgd.38.1394599241402;
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 21:40:41 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: <overloadut@ps37385.dreamhostps.com>
Received: from ps37385.dreamhostps.com (ps37385.dreamhost.com. [208.113.180.7])
by mx.google.com with ESMTP id u4si12331669qat.188.2014.03.11.21.40.41
for <[redacted]@gmail.com>;

That was the last one I actually received in gmail.

The e-mail confirmation i sent to my work address that did go through came from:

Received: from ps37385.dreamhostps.com (reflexmetal.co.uk [64.111.123.99] (may
be forged)) by [redacted] with ESMTP id 1jrrd9r19a-1 for
<[redacted]>; Fri, 21 Mar 2014 08:58:42 -0700
Received: by ps37385.dreamhostps.com (Postfix, from userid 1567866) id
066AD11336A431; Fri, 21 Mar 2014 08:58:40 -0700 (PDT)

Different IP address, same host name.

Weird...

I'll probably need to look in to this with my host. It looks like they might have changed a server causing some emails to no longer get delivered. Thanks for the full headers; that should help.

Top Bottom