A Pitboss Experiment ... any guinea pigs?

GFletch

Warlord
I've decided to try something I've not tried before, after consulting several people to see if it's plausable to do ... I'm gonna try running a third simultaneous Pitboss game.

This one will be SMALL, maybe 6 to 8 players. I think my other games are running well, and I try my best to keep players informed of what's happening in the games.

Would anyone like to be guinea pigs in the experiment? If I discover in the first 6 or 7 turns that it's negatively impeding the other games, I'll shut it down. I just want to be upfront about that.

So .. any takers?

Just for God sakes don't mess it up ;)

I would like the Koreans if possible.

Hi GFletch

I'd be happy to work as a testbunny for your game, if it runs in Vanilla :)
You didn't say when the game will start. But i'm on hollyday for the next four days (if that's a problem count me out).

What will the settings be?
- If lots of islands and sea, i think you can put me down for Elisabeth of the English empire (Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves:
Britons never will be slaves).

Thanks

How many games can one (seriously and/or theoreticaly) host on one machine?
As many ports as one has?

As many as your system can allow. On my machine, a single running Pitboss takes up between 2 and 4% of system resources. Three running concurrently will take up between 6 and 12%. No biggie for me, since my computer is pretty much used for email and Civilization.

Plus I'm upgrading memory on Sunday, which should help with how much resources it's taking up.

I have no idea how many ports. Quite a number. :)

I would like to join too.

Yeah, it's dead. I'm not taking a chance on messing up the other games I'm running.

Top Bottom