CivStats.com - View your Pitboss games on the web

Civgeek said:
Uuumm ... that link seems to redirect me to something called "www.snakeoil.dom" (I kid you not) ...
A. Surely you mean www.snakeoil.com (which I believe is a Lynx/Axe product website or at least, it was)
B. You appear to be a victim of spyware and/or brower hijacking. I would recommend either Adaware or PrevX to check and remove such software. Oh, and make sure you don't use McAfee as every single product of theirs has been comprimised recently.

It's not actually redirecting to snakeoil.com, it's popping up a security certificate warning saying that the certificate's domain (which is snakeoil.com for some reason) doesn't match the domain entered (civstats.com) - I'll have to tell them that the certificate is pointing to the wrong domain.

But that redirect is normal - it's the control panel I use; looks like they finally got it installed although I haven't received an email from them yet. As soon as I "add" civstats.com as a hosted domain it won't redirect anymore.

This means that I should be able to get the site back online today.

MooManof_ said:
A. Surely you mean www.snakeoil.com (which I believe is a Lynx/Axe product website or at least, it was)
B. You appear to be a victim of spyware and/or brower hijacking. I would recommend either Adaware or PrevX to check and remove such software. Oh, and make sure you don't use McAfee as every single product of theirs has been comprimised recently.
That's what I thought at first (spyware/browser hijack) but all scans show nothing ..... and the certificate actually does say ".dom".

So have they given you and updates on the server yet, Overload?
I never realized that your server was offsite somewhere. I always just figured it was a computer in your home or something like that.

Well, as Fosse said, the site is back up! Hurrah!

I brought it up an hour or two ago but I was having a hell of a time getting the rss feeds and the score graphs to work. For now, the score graphs are disabled, but they'll be back soon.

HitAnyKey - Yep, the site runs off of a server that I rent in San Francisco. That's why it runs so fast. :)

Fosse said:
Site's back! :D

Get those uploaders working, fellow admins!

Both of my uploaders appear to be working on the pitboss server side, but both games are still showing "uploader not connected" on the civstats site. :(

IglooDude said:
Both of my uploaders appear to be working on the pitboss server side, but both games are still showing "uploader not connected" on the civstats site. :(

Hrm... Which two games are yours?

The uploader is saying that the upload was successful when you mouse over the little network icon? Try upping your LogLevel to 3 in the .ini file and seeing if the log gives any better information.

It looks like emails are indeed broken, both for new user registration and new turn notification. I will look at this today.

OverloadUT said:

The uploader is saying that the upload was successful when you mouse over the little network icon? Try upping your LogLevel to 3 in the .ini file and seeing if the log gives any better information.

I'll do that this evening and let you know. And as BCLG says, mine are CDZ-grouphug and CivIVor-OT.

A sugestion:

In the "My games" screen, next to each game it would be nice to have the time until next turn.
Useful for when one plays in several games.

Okay, email notification should be working again. Please tell me if it doesn't work at your next turn change.

Bernout1 - Oops! The download link was piped through a script on my other domain which isn't back up yet, so the link didn't work. I changed the link to point directly to the file, so now you can download it.

I know I finished a turn on "smartmap" last night (1 am-ish) but didnt get a turn email?!

Was it the fact I was online at the time? PB doesnt send an email if you are online... Or maybe the uploader was allready offline at the time? Anyway just thought I would let you know....

OverloadUT said:

I think I was executing an old version of the uploader on both boxes. :blush: It is working now, on both. :)

And on a semi-related note, I remember you were talking about one of the features for 2.0 being an auto-save, I just located where 'recovery saves' are stored, so maybe that feature would be automatically loading the latest recovery save (or maybe end-of-full-turn save, for less bandwidth) to your webserver, for preservation in case of pitboss server hard drive failure/virus/buildingburningdown etc?

Top Bottom