Considering starting a PTBS 24 hr game based on Earth 1000 AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
TELawrence said:
Logged in 2 times fine, third time (about 10 mins ago) I lost contact with the server...

Map looks exciting - but India should have a fast worker, not a workers, and Zulus should have Impii, not spearmen, no?

Yeah, I changed the map already and loaded on the PitBoss so people can see what it looks like in game.
Didn't think it fair to start any Civ's with civilization specific units; seems to give the civs with early spec units too much of an advantage to start the game with.

Going to try and load the map to this thread now.

Update: Tried to upload file but was rejected as the WB file type is prohibited, according to the message.

I would suppose that that cant be right, and that some admin bug is prevalent at the moment. I'll try again later.

I had to change the ini to let multi use it.

To take care of the Admin bug I hade to go back when asked for the Admin pass and then rewent in.

Going to look at the ini some more.

Got a dynamic IP for you folks to try, as I know Verizon is likely to change it frequently:

arckons24civpbg.blogdns.org

If someone can try it and see if it works that would be helpful.

This is an alternate forum for the group to use for the game instead of spamming Civfanatics:

http://arckon.proboards62.com

I will send the password to each for the Diplomatic forum when they send in their dibs for what civs they want to play starting tomorrow.

I got in on the dynamic IP with no problems. :lol:

It did seem to take a long time to load, I have ADSL I don't know if that is significant or not but I thought I would mention it.

If I don't get a game because a time zone thing I will be very upset but I will hope for the best.:(

richm said:
I got in on the dynamic IP with no problems. :lol:

It did seem to take a long time to load, I have ADSL I don't know if that is significant or not but I thought I would mention it.

If I don't get a game because a time zone thing I will be very upset but I will hope for the best.:(

My wife was playing Camelot, so that was probably it, lol.

Good to hear the dynamic DNS is working, that saves us some headaches.

I will start taking the dibs on civs at midnight tonight, and there are 24 civs, so I dont see how you wont get in the game. Cant believe that many people will sign up, heheh.

Here is how I am going to handle early attempts to claim a nation:

I am getting up tomorrow at about 7 am EST and I will look at the emails.

Theones that are dated sept 9 I will do first and then work backwards to the 8th, 7th, etc.

This way people that want in can get in even if they have timezone constraints like Rich.

Is that ok for everyone?

I did not want to make a issue about it as I am sure there will be enough slots for everybody to join. Ther must be people in worse time zones than me, imagine the poor guys in Australia.

I assume that you will still post your e-mail later.

richm said:
I did not want to make a issue about it as I am sure there will be enough slots for everybody to join. Ther must be people in worse time zones than me, imagine the poor guys in Australia.

I assume that you will still post your e-mail later.

You have a genuine concern, so hopefully this new process will accomodate your situation.

I am just going to let people send requests to my CivFanatics email.

ForesterSOF said:
Also you may want to set up a PB Notifier or put the game on CivStats.com

Yeah, I plan to set that up tomorrow, but thanks for suggesting it.

Hey - all well and good here but is it possible to change the dynamic IP to something easier to remember and, um, a bit shorter?

Otherwise, look forward to getting going

OK, its 7 am EST and the following nations are now taken:

China - Agemo
Zulus - richm
Russia - CB Droege
India - TE Lawrence
Spain - Mickeyj
Mongolia - eric
USA - JoshC
Incas - Arckon
Persia - DanDRidge
England - IanDC

When you get your email from me, send me back the ruler name and password that you prefer and I can set that up for you when I launch the game so no one hijacks anyones civ.

Also, I noticed that nations that have not been designated as computer controled (all of them) have actually done nothing at all unless a player has given orders.

This suggests several things:

1) That the computer wont automatically play the human controled nations if the player is not present.

2) Therefore we will have to designate unclaimed nations as computer AI or else they will simply sit there.

3) There must be a deadline for player claims for civs in the game.

I am thinking that we set all the dibbed nations as human-controled when start the game, and give the rest over to the computer to control. So if any nations are not claimed by Saturday night they are going to be irrevocably computer controled when the game starts Sunday. Those nations that are not chosen will be made computer only and the AI set to aggressive.

What do you all think about this approach?

Sounds fair - else we will be sitting around forever. It would be great to get 24 players though.

One thing you could do now everything is set up is to designate this as a set-up thread and readvertise in a new thread in here and a few other forums (e.g. Apolyton).

TELawrence said:
Sounds fair - else we will be sitting around forever. It would be great to get 24 players though.

One thing you could do now everything is set up is to designate this as a set-up thread and readvertise in a new thread in here and a few other forums (e.g. Apolyton).

Great idea to post for more players. Here is the other thread on this forum: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=185680

I'll do that now and try to put as much info in as possible.

What do you guys think about moving the launch up toFriday evening, 6 pm? 6 am? I know one player that is leaving for the weekend and wanted me to start his civ for him, this way anyone doing a weekend trip can start their own civ when they can.

Yes, good idea to wait until the comming weekend I don't think we should get impatient now.
I will try and get a few players to sign up.

Got the game registering the stats at www.civstats.com.

Look for Arckon's Warlords 24 Civ PBG.

I plan to have this run during the game if thats ok.

Also, I am going to leave the 'take over AI' option off.

Anyone care?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom