Guess the New Civs

Marrying a city state as Austria. Very interesting; I'm wondering how it will work. Obviously it will require an allied state, a large sum of gold and possibly a happiness hit.

I was thinking maybe full alliance with adjacent borders and a road connection to your capital.

wait how do you know austria is in? oh if there is a new interview tell where i can find it. thank you.

Still not feeling the Huns. UU at spearman and horseman? What other civs have two UUs basically in the same era?

And regarding the city names...

UA doesn't sound too bad, for what is basically a super barbarian civ.

Still not feeling the Huns. UU at spearman and horseman? What other civs have two UUs basically in the same era?

Just to clarify, their city names isn't their UA, their UA allows them to raise cities faster (or something like that)

Greece; Spearman and Horseman replacement :goodjob:

Greece; Spearman and Horseman replacement :goodjob:

Whatever, companion cavalry blows hard as it is. I would rather save my gold to purchase CSes.

But yeah, it was just an ill conceived concept all together having another pure miltary civ that has to kill everything. At least Mongols only cater to CS's. I want civs with some range. Not one dimensional mass and destroy civs.

I thought they could have just revamped barbarians in they wanted a legitimate threat to players. That would have suffieced for the Huns.

ethiopia will be in too I just found out. YAY.

Whatever, companion cavalry blows hard as it is. I would rather save my gold to purchase CSes.

But yeah, it was just an ill conceived concept all together having another pure miltary civ that has to kill everything. At least Mongols only cater to CS's. I want civs with some range. Not one dimensional mass and destroy civs.

I thought they could have just revamped barbarians in they wanted a legitimate threat to players. That would have suffieced for the Huns.

As I've been saying... no need to spend a good chunk of early time researching the tech that gives you pastures, PLUS can see horses, PLUS get a bonus from them = early worker can make Attila's Court very productive very fast, lending itself well to an unorthodox early wonder rusher.

The horse archers will lose their abilities as you go through it, so they're limited in influence time... but upgrading the battering ram will take you through the standard rifleman > infantry path, keeping its city bonus right through the game as well as picking up the pikeman's 100% vs horses.

Plenty there that can be used well throughout the game, the production bonus alone could be on a par with or even better than Russia's UA with the abundance of sheep and cattle.

you know instead of an austria civ they should have done austria-hungary but same ability

Austria-Hungary was the Austrian Empire slowly fracturing but desperately trying to stay together. Why is that better?

Austria-Hungary was the Austrian Empire slowly fracturing but desperately trying to stay together. Why is that better?
I really don't know.

Top Bottom