Ghandi what are you doing?

SO I recently finished a culture game which I should lose but I won because the AI just didn't want to win and let me explain

Ghandi was doing verry well in tech and was the number 1 tech in the hole game SO I decided not to sign any research agreements because it will cause him to run away.

Unfortantly the Other AI's (napoleon , boudica) ' wheren't that smart and where signing research agreements with ghandi constantly which resulted that ghandi became the number 1 in technology and entered the information age pretty fast.

I was pretty close to finishing my final policy tree when suddenly ghandi completing the Apolla program and after that 2 SS boosters. (I've only had rifleman and he allready had infantry and bombers so I didn't dow him)

thought I lost this game but wait there is hope after completing 3 spaceship parts Ghandi just stops sending them to their capital I thinx he changed his mind and goes for a culture victory because he allready had 4 social policies open but thats it.

As you can see in the screenshots (spaceship parts 1 and 2 ) Ghandi has allready completed 3 not so sure why he didn't ad it and why he didn't bother building the final one.

he had 99% of the tech tree researched?(demographics screen) And allready completed 2(victory screen)

Because of this I was able to win a culture victory at turn 300 I really screwed up in this game didn't got national college fast enough got beaten to wonders didn't built a wonder in each of my cities for the culture modifier for piety.
... Pretty bad for a culture victory. I olso enterd the industrial era pretty late which caused me to open freedom pretty late.

The Alexander AI was behind in tech with ghandi but he managed to actualy built 3 spaceship parts and he was closer to victory then ghandi because at that time I was still building the Utopia project.

Conclussion :

whats wrong with ghandi ? I should have lost this game.

Whats wrong with the AI signing research agreements with the tech leader so he could win the space race? Speaking about playing to win this is a huge flaw...

Attachments

• victory screen.jpg
    victory screen.jpg
    245.3 KB · Views: 227
  • spaceship parts.jpg
    spaceship parts.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 275
  • spaceship parts 2.jpg
    spaceship parts 2.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 211
  • demographics.jpg
    demographics.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 238
Sounds liek you got extremely lucky with Gandhi. Not so lucky if that was Hiawatha or Catherine there...

e: I believe it's one of the ways, in addition to spying, to pull yourself out of the mudpit in terms of tech. IIRC signing RAs with weaker civs just mean you won't get as much in techs than with those who are doing better.

I had a game where I only won because the runaway AI couldn't launch its spaceship. It built all the parts but couldn't deliver them to the capital, as it had a sleeping Worker there and couldn't work out that it should move it! ¬_¬

The boosters are very early tech, and you need like 15 more sciences until you get the remaining 2 techs needed for space parts in a science victory. Remember just because you enter information age doesn't mean that you've discovered the entire age, it just means you got the first tech in there.

Kinda strange that this happens on G&K. I had a game way back on vanilla in which I witnessed Darius win a science victory.

Darius can still win science victories on G&K. I recently missed building the last piece to my spaceship by five turns when Darius (a runaway on the far side of a distant continent on a large map) finished all of his in the span of about ten turns.

Sounds liek you got extremely lucky with Gandhi. Not so lucky if that was Hiawatha or Catherine there...

e: I believe it's one of the ways, in addition to spying, to pull yourself out of the mudpit in terms of tech. IIRC signing RAs with weaker civs just mean you won't get as much in techs than with those who are doing better.

Yes however napoleon and boudica where about equal in tech and they where still signing research agreements which causes ghandi to win.

Why doesn't the Ai see that ghandi is allready building spaceship parts and is close to winning thats my point kinda stupid if oyu ask me :(

Not to mention ghandi not finishing the job and winning

Yes however napoleon and boudica where about equal in tech and they where still signing research agreements which causes ghandi to win.

Why doesn't the Ai see that ghandi is allready building spaceship parts and is close to winning thats my point kinda stupid if oyu ask me :(

Not to mention ghandi not finishing the job and winning

As I said, you got really lucky with Gandhi

Looks like he was a lot less focused in space than with culture, but even then he isn't one of those types who is "Victory Competitive" (ie. he is rated at 2, while someone like say... Catherine is at 6. This is indeed a bit funny since known fast-techer Hiawatha is only slightly higher than him in that regards (Victory 3), but he is of course a lot more aggressive than ole Mohandas and there's the +2/-2 modifiers in play to that...

As for other AIs not STOPPING him... well, why didn't you pay them off to DOW Gandhi? Especially Napoleon who is sitting on 500,000+ troops at this point?

Also just want to check that its T300 you won CV but all the screenshots show T362 and T401 ??? :confused:

What patch are You playing at? I'm asking cause such a thing happened constantly on the previous patch but was fixed with the November one. There was a bug where the automated workers ended turn at the capitol before the AI could give them different orders (happened in the late game when they had nothing more to upgrade). As a result the AI was not able to send a different non military unit to the capitol (such as spaceship part).

If it's the latest patch then I haven't seen a situation like that yet.

When it comes to signing RA's the AI's will always sign them when possible (meaning they have friendly relations and money). They don't calculate whether it is good ar bad from the strategic point of view. However this has also been changed with the newest patch as tha AI is spending a lot of money and there is rarely a situation where two of them both have enough gold.

What patch are You playing at? I'm asking cause such a thing happened constantly on the previous patch but was fixed with the November one. There was a bug where the automated workers ended turn at the capitol before the AI could give them different orders (happened in the late game when they had nothing more to upgrade). As a result the AI was not able to send a different non military unit to the capitol (such as spaceship part).

If it's the latest patch then I haven't seen a situation like that yet.

When it comes to signing RA's the AI's will always sign them when possible (meaning they have friendly relations and money). They don't calculate whether it is good ar bad from the strategic point of view. However this has also been changed with the newest patch as tha AI is spending a lot of money and there is rarely a situation where two of them both have enough gold.

I play the newest patch

Top Bottom