Civ 5 Should Have an Era Limiter

AstralVisage

Chieftain
Almost as if it were a piece of divine revelation, I had a great idea about Civilization 5. They should add a feature where the technology completely stops in one era. For example, my friend and I want to do a hotseat campaign (which happens often). It would be nice they had a feature where we could disable technology starting at any area.

For example, my friend and I love the industrial era. We would love it if all technology was disabled after the Industrial Era. That way our entire campaign can be the Industrial Era at its peak. Of course, one would be able to do this for any era that they like/

What are your thoughts?

Do these mods work for multiplayer? I do hotseat more often than I play by myself. The mods that I have now only work for the singleplayer mod mode.

Don't believe mods work for multiplayer, although others can weigh in with work-arounds, if there are any.

Honestly I don't know why this wasn't a feature from the start, or at the very least since we got G&K. It's something I too have always wanted, and I know we arn't alone. It should be simple to do to shouldnt it? I would love to play some MP games with friends having a limit like this. Hopefully if we do in fact get another expansion this will be a feature :)

Honestly I don't know why this wasn't a feature from the start, or at the very least since we got G&K. It's something I too have always wanted, and I know we arn't alone. It should be simple to do to shouldnt it? I would love to play some MP games with friends having a limit like this. Hopefully if we do in fact get another expansion this will be a feature :)

I believe this is one of those things the devs wanted to let the modders work on... gotta let them start somewhere after all, and things usually start with the small stuff

I believe this is one of those things the devs wanted to let the modders work on... gotta let them start somewhere after all, and things usually start with the small stuff

I'm all for the support of modders, and it's wonderful when developers support modders. But to intentionally leave out a feature so that modders could have at it just sounds both unlikely and outright stupid if you ask me. I certainly hope that's not been the case.

We might get support for MP in mods soon enough, but so far no.

However, although not exactly the same and in some cases probably imbalanced/buggy/lack of feaetures, there's a mod that allows the use of mods in multiplayer, the "Advanced Setup" options or something like that, which supports Hotseat in Mods section (i.e playing mods with hotseat).

Top Bottom