Antigrav Struts ???

usnavyet

Chieftain
I searched here but didn't find an answer. In the SMAC Help it says Antigrav Struts will help land and air units. I designed a hovertank using them with no problem. But with a needlejet chassis, Antigrav Struts don't show up under special abilities. What the heck!!!! :mad:

This situation is a known bug. All air units (Needlejet, Copter and Gravship) are automatically equipped with antigrav struts. You can see this by looking in the #CHASSIS section of alpha(x).txt:

Code:
Needlejet,M1, Penetrator,M1, Interceptor,M1, Tactical,M1,  8, 2, 2, 0, 1, 8, DocAir,   Thunderbolt,M1,    Sovereign,M1,
Copter,M1,    Chopper,M1,    Rotor,M1,       Lifter,M1,    8, 2, 1, 0, 1, 8, MindMac,  Gunship,M1,        Warbird,M1,
Gravship,M1,  Skybase,M1,    Antigrav,M1,    Skyfort,M1,   8, 2, 0, 0, 1, 8, Gravity,  Deathsphere,M1,    Doomwall,M1,

The first 8 in each entry denotes the number of moves for those units. However, if you design any of these units (with a fission reactor) you'll see that each unit gets 10 moves, just as if it had antigrav struts. A similar comment applies to higher-level reactors. You can make the antigrac strut special ability available to air units by editing the Special Unit Abilities section of alpha(x).txt:

Change

Code:
Antigrav Struts,        1, Gravity,  Grav,      000000111001, +1 movement rate (or +Reactor*2 for Air)

to

Code:
Antigrav Struts,        1, Gravity,  Grav,      000000111[b]1[/b]01, +1 movement rate (or +Reactor*2 for Air)

(bolding added for emphasis)

However, it's unclear to me whether this properly fixes the bug. An air unit with visible antigrav struts retains the movement bonus "ghost" struts and also gets the movement bonus for the visible struts.

Thanks for the answer Petek! I can live with a known bug. Especially if I can fix it. But I see what you mean, as the ghost moves are already there.

Top Bottom