Caveman 2 Cosmos

Excellent Mod!
Just one thing though, for some reason I cant build an oil refinery. I can put it in a city with world builder, I can see it in the pedia, but I cant build it for some reason. Any ideas?
Also, on any world bigger than huge, the game crashes and says "memory allocation error"; is it just too memory intensive?

Excellent Mod!
Just one thing though, for some reason I cant build an oil refinery. I can put it in a city with world builder, I can see it in the pedia, but I cant build it for some reason. Any ideas?
Also, on any world bigger than huge, the game crashes and says "memory allocation error"; is it just too memory intensive?

Different type of factories make those resources. Resources that should not be put on map plots are Ammunition, Oil Products, Steel, Glassware, Vulcanized Rubber and Synthetic Rubber. All of these are produced with buildings.

Thats one of the reasons i deleted anything bigger than Huge maps in the WB, i recommend nothing larger than large. I try to stay less than 13 civs, cause very very very late in games it would take a long long time for each turn other wise. Again just a suggestion.

btw, thx for the Kind words, really makes it worth it when it takes a week, of just adding one thing, sometimes takes 5 hours.

Id like to point out its all the Canadian Units, should of mentioned that, should i just merge the Canadian Mod with NWA? Hope you realize im not shunning, you but helping yas, i really love the mod man

Id like to point out its all the Canadian Units, should of mentioned that, should i just merge the Canadian Mod with NWA? Hope you realize im not shunning, you but helping yas, i really love the mod man

All the units what, they all work for me?? And i dont take things personal, i always take things as to make things better, and thx for the help.
I already merged them all, i was the one that put the flavor units in the Canada MOD!

What i mean is all the sound for ALL units is dead. Still playing around with different civs, trying to point out different quriks and what not, ill keep posting.;);)

hello!

I found another unit bug: the english explorer is black all over... maybe you can throw an eye on it?

regards

Thanks for the info on the world size! What I meant by the oil refinery is that I am unable to build the actual building called "oil refinery". Also, I tested more, and I can build it in a scenario, but not in a custom game. Any ideas?

I uninstalled and re-downloaded from the first link (version 1). Everything works great, no issue with oil refinery or explorer. Also, what happened to another on bites the dust? Staying alive!? :lol:

hello!regards

I uninstalled and re-downloaded from the first link (version 1). Everything works great, no issue with oil refinery or explorer. Also, what happened to another on bites the dust? Staying alive!? :lol:

Yeah, I love the Intro music, something good to listen to while reading the pedia or making a custom game.:D

Thx , thats why i put them there, i am going to put a different one in for each version, but i only have 6, so well upto version 6 at least then, different, LOL

Like i always say, if you want something in the game just ask, maybe maybe not, never know!!

And thx guys you make it worth modding.:goodjob:

I have a question. When/if the game crashes, what program do you use to detect what unit is causing the crash? So i could delete it myself.

Thx.

I have a question. When/if the game crashes, what program do you use to detect what unit is causing the crash? So i could delete it myself.

Thx.

OK, first thing to do is, go back and to the savedgame in the load single area, and pick the last game saved (autosave), and then see if the game crashes again, more than likely NOT. But if so, then its a tedious job of going into the WB after you do the autosaved part again, and delete civ by civ, to see which civ is causing the crash, then once you figured that out, its one town by one town, but always look to see who is the FIRST to build something, thats the one thats probably the culprit. Other than that there really isnt a way other than this. This does take time of going back and forth alot. At least this is the way i was taught by Kael to do.:rolleyes:

I have a cold, and i cant stop thinking about it, so i thought it would be a good idea to have Antibiotics a tech. Antibiotics are somewhat new to the history of medicine, and i thought id post my idea, since you are asking for suggestions.Also for another idea, i thought of land transports, like trucks and that; (would start with commando skill to use enemy roads) if you look back to the last couple of wars, capturing bridges and controlling roads were very important. (IE: Operation Market Garden) ANOTHER suggestion would be tanks and motorized units can cross a river with out there being a road across it.This would simulate what happened in WW2, when the Germans started to blow bridges to slow the Allied advance.There should also be a movement penalty for land units crossing rivers with no roads.(never really checked if there is if its there) And that, is my note in the suggestion box.;):):D

i keep getting told nuclear fallout is falling near my cities even before any nuclear techs have been researched.

I have a cold, and i cant stop thinking about it, so i thought it would be a good idea to have Antibiotics a tech. Antibiotics are somewhat new to the history of medicine, and i thought id post my idea, since you are asking for suggestions.Also for another idea, i thought of land transports, like trucks and that; (would start with commando skill to use enemy roads) if you look back to the last couple of wars, capturing bridges and controlling roads were very important. (IE: Operation Market Garden) ANOTHER suggestion would be tanks and motorized units can cross a river with out there being a road across it.This would simulate what happened in WW2, when the Germans started to blow bridges to slow the Allied advance.There should also be a movement penalty for land units crossing rivers with no roads.(never really checked if there is if its there) And that, is my note in the suggestion box.;):):D

Good ideas, but as far as the Truck goes, there is a Freight units included. Haven't really looked into it, since i really never use it. I'll have to check into the rest later, when my mind isnt so boggled down with stuff, (lack of sleep).:crazyeye: Good ideas, keep them coming.

i keep getting told nuclear fallout is falling near my cities even before any nuclear techs have been researched.

Are you sure there isnt any civ at all in that area yet?? Cause even if one is it, all the same for all civs. Course it could be something in the events also that is doing this, i really havent looked into that yet?:blush:

StrategyOnly has been great in trying to help me, but I'm still having problems, so I thought I see if group has any ideas.
I have downloaded mode and I see it BTS mode folder, but mode does not exist when BTS game is loaded? There are 2 paths existing in mode NWA folder, do I need to extract both of them.
I'd appreciate any ideas or help as mode sounds awesome and I'm anxious to play. Thanks

Very nice. Hadn't played any of the component mods so everything was new for me. Love that you included an NWA Earth 18 map.

I noticed several small bugs, things not working exactly as they should, probably due to typos and whatnot. Is there a list somewhere to report these and keep the debugging a bit organised?

Are you sure there isnt any civ at all in that area yet?? Cause even if one is it, all the same for all civs. Course it could be something in the events also that is doing this, i really havent looked into that yet?:blush:

Im fairly sure nobody was, it seemed to just be acting like pollution

Very nice.
I noticed several small bugs, things not working exactly as they should, probably due to typos and whatnot. Is there a list somewhere to report these and keep the debugging a bit organised?

Just write down all the stuff here, whats good not so good, or just plain bad, thx.

Top Bottom