Favorite Settings

If map scripts cause an OoS on turn 1, you can save and then load that savegame and it should work.
Whenever I got OoS reports I have tried to fix them so they should be quite rare now. Important is that there are some BUG options that are unsynced and need to be set to the same on both computers.

We did restart the game, like you suggested, multiple times. Still constantly getting OoS error every 3 turns. However we do have many features on(revolutions, assimilation, random events etc.) and maybe they are the cause?

Going to double check BUG settings on both just in case if there is some variable unsynched.
Glad to hear if most of the problems are truly solved already. Guess it is just a taste then what you pick up as your settings for the game.

We did restart the game, like you suggested, multiple times. Still constantly getting OoS error every 3 turns. However we do have many features on(revolutions, assimilation, random events etc.) and maybe they are the cause?

Going to double check BUG settings on both just in case if there is some variable unsynched.
Glad to hear if most of the problems are truly solved already. Guess it is just a taste then what you pick up as your settings for the game.

Please continue this discussion in the Multi-Player Thread thx.:)

What victory conditions are on if you don't start the game using custom game but instead just the "start new"? I'm currently running a game where it's telling me that I'm currently over the limits of domination victory, both the land area and pop but the victory is not triggering. Was wondering if I have somehow messed up settings somewhere. I did check the BtS Civ IV config file and there under the victory conditions it seemed that everything is enabled since it was a row of 1s.
Thanks in advance, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

What victory conditions are on if you don't start the game using custom game but instead just the "start new"? I'm currently running a game where it's telling me that I'm currently over the limits of domination victory, both the land area and pop but the victory is not triggering. Was wondering if I have somehow messed up settings somewhere. I did check the BtS Civ IV config file and there under the victory conditions it seemed that everything is enabled since it was a row of 1s.
Thanks in advance, sorry if this is in the wrong place.
It likely defaults to all which results in mastery victory condition.

Have just started playing this mod and wondered what difficulty level people play on. I realised that you have to raise difficulty from your level of civ 4bts for it to be a competitive game. Im aware of the flexible difficulty option but generally like to stick at one level

I am a prince level civ4 bts player and have found starting at immortal level seems to give me a competitive game with ruthless AI on.

Have just started playing this mod and wondered what difficulty level people play on. I realised that you have to raise difficulty from your level of civ 4bts for it to be a competitive game. Im aware of the flexible difficulty option but generally like to stick at one level

I am a prince level civ4 bts player and have found starting at immortal level seems to give me a competitive game with ruthless AI on.

I play base BtS on monarch/emp and C2C on immortal with increasing difficulty (so starts off immortal but transitions to diety mid-prehistoric), so you're in the right ball-park. However, I'd say you'll have a MORE competative game WITHOUT ruthless AI, because it tends to stunt the AI's medium-longer term development.

@Jere, you might also want to look around the BUG menu (check the buttons on the top left of the screen)-one of those tabs will give you an option to turn of the domination announcement if you find it gets annoying turn after turn.

I tried minor civs on v22. Was broken. Is it balanced now?

I tried minor civs on v22. Was broken. Is it balanced now?

Depends what you mean. It's substantially better than it was (AIs don't get bogged down in interminable unit building and neglect their economies because of it any more). It's still rather a long time before writing though, so the 'minior' period is perhaps a bit over long.

Depends what you mean. It's substantially better than it was (AIs don't get bogged down in interminable unit building and neglect their economies because of it any more). It's still rather a long time before writing though, so the 'minior' period is perhaps a bit over long.

I absolutely love this option and don't think it lasts too long. We hate all these peoples that are different from us, who can't talk right and wear funny outfits. Besides they like to steal our food from the hunting grounds!

It also makes exploring the map less problematical, not having to worry about the diplomatic implications of waltzing through another's territory.

It also makes exploring the map less problematical, not having to worry about the diplomatic implications of waltzing through another's territory.

Yes this mod cries out for the ability to ignore borders early on in the game when the concept of borders (our land keep off) has not been invented yet.

Yes this mod cries out for the ability to ignore borders early on in the game when the concept of borders (our land keep off) has not been invented yet.

Lol, Assyria only survived because I would have had to declare war on Babylon to get to them... for some reason they planted a city near the Caspian and then got totally isolated from it.

I try a game with Barbarian world, raging barbarian and minor civ.
Half of AI civs was wiped out by barbarians

Dont try with "no razing" or a civ can have a 2nd city too fast by capturing one

Always revolution, usable mountains, advanced eco/diplo, terrain damage, corporations, guild, no limits for number of city ON
Always no limit for wonders (or I build nearly all my wonder in 2 cities...) and divine prophet OFF

What does advanced economics do

Turns on all the various inflation modifiers. Without advanced economy basically it's just game difficulty that causes inflation - the civic, building, and hurry modifiers are ignored. It also has some effect on diplomacy (I think free trade agreements are only possible with this option turned on for example).

Is there a 'best' earth like map generator? I've used perfectworld2f for both games I started (based on earlier thread reading and a few Lets Plays).

However both times perfectworld seems to generate some weirdness. In my current game there is (or rather 'was'... I editted it because it bugged me as it was in the same viewport view as my core area) a string of 4-5 permafrost tiles that were on the same latitude as the middle of a rather large desert and had temperate terrains both at higher and lower latitudes. There is also a splotch of Tundra near an equitorial latitudes, with desert to the south of it and temperate/jungle to the north.

In the previous game there was a lone permafrost tile surrounded by temparate woods with the nearest tundra 40+ tiles to the south of it.

*As a side note perfectworld seems to generate multiple large deserts to the point of being not just annoying but excessive.

Is there a 'best' earth like map generator? I've used perfectworld2f for both games I started (based on earlier thread reading and a few Lets Plays).

However both times perfectworld seems to generate some weirdness. In my current game there is (or rather 'was'... I editted it because it bugged me as it was in the same viewport view as my core area) a string of 4-5 permafrost tiles that were on the same latitude as the middle of a rather large desert and had temperate terrains both at higher and lower latitudes. There is also a splotch of Tundra near an equitorial latitudes, with desert to the south of it and temperate/jungle to the north.

In the previous game there was a lone permafrost tile surrounded by temparate woods with the nearest tundra 40+ tiles to the south of it.

*As a side note perfectworld seems to generate multiple large deserts to the point of being not just annoying but excessive.
Those spots are simply high up and therefore cold. The PerfectWorld2f and PerfectMongoose maps place peaks where the height differences are large but highlands are rendered as flat/hills (with usually cooler terrain as the temperature depends on height).

New favorite setting Normal Game speed. Much better paced game than Snail, Marathon or even Epic.

JosEPh

Top Bottom