C2C FAQs - Read This Before Posting

Should probably add a line about unit animations turned to 'on'. Else units will show the unit they were based on (While this is probably covered with medium graphics I'm not really sure and it can be changed independently).

Okay so I just started the game again and now the leader traits arent showing for some reason I dont know if this is a bug or what but I dont really know how to fix it so some help would be appreciated, it only shows [] brackets where it would have shown the traits.

Okay so I just started the game again and now the leader traits arent showing for some reason I dont know if this is a bug or what but I dont really know how to fix it so some help would be appreciated, it only shows [] brackets where it would have shown the traits.

Did you pick game options such that your leader develops traits over time and doesn't start with any? Check what options you have active and I expect you'll see that this is the case.

Did you pick game options such that your leader develops traits over time and doesn't start with any? Check what options you have active and I expect you'll see that this is the case.

it shows that when im selecting a civ to play as and only shows a blank space in the civopedia when i look at the leaders where it would show their traits

it shows that when im selecting a civ to play as and only shows a blank space in the civopedia when i look at the leaders where it would show their traits

Did you select a Traits option other than Developing Leaderheads? Some of those are incomplete at the time being.

what exactly is the mastery victory i get that its a combination of all the victory conditions together and i get what determines how you win or lose, but what i dont get is what it means by once you reach the end of time.

what exactly is the mastery victory i get that its a combination of all the victory conditions together and i get what determines how you win or lose, but what i dont get is what it means by once you reach the end of time.

Mastery overrides all of the other victory conditions, so if you want to win by one of them don't select Mastery.

A few questions. After browsing around, this seems to be the closest to a 'persistent newbie thread' I think I can find; at the least, I think these would be FAQ Gameplay issues.

1. We start off with Culture <region> and culture <human> and then the rest are unlocked via a technology, and can be built as a wonder if we have some resources nearby, right? I started using what -seemed- to be the most appropriate/big mapscript you guys had included ... as egypt ... but found no deserts. So I cheated in a desert, and because I couldn't seem to get any stone in via stone tool maker, and I didn't see any on the continent, I cheated some stone in, too! But I can't build my culture as a wonder. Neither has any other culture popped up after seeing them in the technology screen as being unlocked for that tech. What gives?

2. I just got a pop of 6. Flies came and moved in. This just adds unhappiness, right? Will all these Megafauna cats I have running around eat rats if/when I get them? Or is this -really- just a 'we need to add in automatic unhappiness at some point because of all of our buildings and need a thematic excuse why, so ... GRATS ... you've now invented urban squalor!" sort of thing?

3. Christianity seems to have spread across a continent to a city nearby me. I was kinda surprised to see it founded so early. I can't talk with them. Religion won't do anything this early in the game, right? My egyptian religion doesn't seem to have done anything for me, and I just got sedentary lifestyle.

4. I've noticed barbarian arches with horses, and barbarians with war elephants running around. None have come near me. Most are on another continent by themselves. Uh .... oh dear? Its only 10,000 bc ... should there be barbarian horse arches and barbarians on elephants?

5. I swear to god, it might be my imagination, but it seems, it really does, as if there is now ice in the ocean that was not there before. Is this my imagination? Do you have automatic ice ages implemented?

6. I'm now in the early Ancient Era, and I never saw a single Event. Are they not implemented? I -might- have seen /one/ as I got a notice about a volcano ... but never anything else.

I think that is everything. Thanks! I'm especially curious about the culture question, really, as thats a really exciting part of the mod. I set the game so I could choose traits via play, chose Cleopatra for my leader, and awaaaaay I go!

I was not sure where to post this but I guess this is the appropriate thread: what do I need to do to build and spread guilds? I have guilds enabled, guild building and hall built but for some reason they are not spreading and neither can I train the unit that expands the guilds/corps.

I was not sure where to post this but I guess this is the appropriate thread: what do I need to do to build and spread guilds? I have guilds enabled, guild building and hall built but for some reason they are not spreading and neither can I train the unit that expands the guilds/corps.

The cooperate guilds of RoM/AND are no more.

The cooperate guilds of RoM/AND are no more.

Thanks for the answer, in ROM I can incorporate a guild if I build a number of buildings related to that guild right? You mean that even if I build everything the guilds were removed from C2C? Would you happen to know if there is a guide on this for this mod?

Thanks for the answer, in ROM I can incorporate a guild if I build a number of buildings related to that guild right? You mean that even if I build everything the guilds were removed from C2C? Would you happen to know if there is a guide on this for this mod?

1. I believe so.

2. Yes all the Guild Halls, Units and Guild Corporations were removed from C2C.

3. The original Guild mod was by vincentz. There is no C2C modmod for it.

4. A new Guild System is being developed. However its progress has been heavily neglected due to other priorities in the mod. The current guilds are national wonders which gives a gold bonus to specific buildings.

1. I believe so.

2. Yes all the Guild Halls, Units and Guild Corporations were removed from C2C.

3. The original Guild mod was by vincentz. There is no C2C modmod for it.

4. A new Guild System is being developed. However its progress has been heavily neglected due to other priorities in the mod. The current guilds are national wonders which gives a gold bonus to specific buildings.

Ok thanks. A pity if you ask me I always found this aspect of the game very fun!

Ok thanks. A pity if you ask me I always found this aspect of the game very fun!

It wasn't a bad structure and it was somewhat enjoyable but it was a bit problematic in some ways, particularly where it tended to conflict with later corporations.

Top Bottom