C2C Graphics

It is just a lot of work! If you are willing to do it then OK, go for it.

Otherwise this new one is closer to what I was thinking of.

It is just a lot of work! If you are willing to do it then OK, go for it.

Otherwise this new one is closer to what I was thinking of.

The first one is actually a lot less work for me. ^^
Getting good textures on the scroll takes far more of my energy than making 50 copies of a file, renaming each of them, and fixing up an XML to use them.

The first one is actually a lot less work for me. ^^

See, didn't even break a sweat, took me 45min, and I haven't even had my morning coffee. :)

Attachments

• 2015-06-18_00001.jpg
    2015-06-18_00001.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 155
But what about all the tales of sea animals we haven't added yet:mischief:
I can teach you how to give the new tales the same model as the old ones. It's easy.

I'm gonna assume that you have never worked with nif-files, wheter it's right or not.

-Make a copy of any of the "talesof_OLD.nif"
-Rename it for the new unit to "talesof_NEW.nif".
-Open It with a program called nifscope.
-You will on the top-right side see a graphical representation of the OLD unit you made the copy from (if it's untextured, just a white square, don't worry about it.).
-Click on it, and you will, on the top-left side, see it finding the relevant node, called NiTriStrips, in a sort of folder structure.
-Open that node up and then another one called NiTexturingProperty. you have now arrived at an end node called NiSourceTexture.
-Here you can very easily rename the texture that is applied to it from "talesof_OLD.dds" to "talesof_NEW.dds".
-Save the file and you are done. Only XML work left.

Only rule is that the model (.nif) and its corresponding texture (.dds) must be in the same folder.

Why does a story have a unit? What am I missing?

Why does a story have a unit? What am I missing?
I'm not sure what you mean, so I'll just start from the beginning.

When you fight sea animals there is a chance to get a "tales of X" to the nearest coastal city. It's been like this for a while, only the tales had the same unit model as the sea animal they came from. That is what the new graphics are for.

The mod can really use a new set of mine improvement icons. There's six levels of improvements (counting that stone tools workshop) sharing 3 icons, one of which is vanilla.

The Mine/Shaft Mine and Modern Mine/Core Mine duplicates are notable because of an oddity with worker selections. Once Explosives is researched, workers can build Shaft Mines over Mines, but when the job is done, the worker has the option to build over the Shaft Mine with a Mine. This worker issue extends all throughout the other iterative improvement lines, be it from lumber camps to lumber mills or the fruit gathering line, but at least the icons are different! :D

That bug notwithstanding, the mining improvement icons could use some love.

Edit:
I PS'd up some 64x64 BMP's to fill out the Mine Icons and Dancing Hoskuld suggested I load up the images here to see if they meet approval, and if someone will kindly dds them into the mod.

The Images from left to right are Shaft Mine -> Mountain Mine -> Modern Mine -> Core Mine

Keep in mind that the Core Mine's icon is of a core sampler more than mine but hey, that's sort of futuristic. At the worst, keep the Core Mine's original icon it shares currently with modern mine and use it exclusively for the Core Mine.

Attached below is a zip of all 4 icons in separate, clearly titled 64x64 pixel BMPs, with 32bit depth.

Cheers!
-Liq

Attachments

• Civ4_Mine_BMPs.zip
    49.4 KB · Views: 53
Those are some quite nice pictures. :)

I'm simply not too happy about the added core mine vs the original icon but hell, once you're on a PS/CS roll, why stop?

The entire DDS thing is a mystery to me, especially since you tried to update the button for the worker action 'harvest kelp' Dancing Hoskuld, and what the workboat see's is the same fish and net symbol still.

I guess its time to break down and learn about whatever flavor of converter replaced GIMP and suss around myself, since it seems I'm the the most bothered by worker issues.:rolleyes:

Cheers!
-Liquidated

I use paint.net myself, which also has a selection of add-ins, including ones to handle .psd files.

Thanks for the link and the buttons Toffer90!

So skip the new core mine and keep the other three to help beef up the poor worker's action bar?

Cheers!
-Liq

As a disabled vet, I tend to lose a week at a time due to, well best not to disclose.

I did my home work on a better day and found out just how easy it is to:

1. Make the buttons from my meager photoshop fu skills and asioasioasio's hard work in 2007 :wow:

2. Find/read/edit the XML file that dictates worker build actions

3. Get completely lost trying to find the path Art/Interface/Buttons/Builds/ anywhere in the SVN folder.

So suffice to say here's a choice, down to Shaft Mine, Mountain Mine top and bottom and on the right, the proposed Modern Mine icon. Anything else stays default with Core Mine keeping it's original icon.

So one more round of votes, this one for the Mountain Mine (I think I sent Toffer80 a mountain mine image that was not the proscribed 64x64 pixels :smoke:)

Top Mountain Mine or Bottom Mountain Mine?

I sort of like both, but for different reasons.

Again, thanks for the plug in link Toffer90, I have had little need for a dds convertor in the last few years.

Cheers!
-Liq

The art is stored in the FPK files but it you put new versions in the correct folders in the art folder the new versions will replace those in the FPK. I tried to add them but did something wrong.

I prefer the top mountain mine.

The art is stored in the FPK files but it you put new versions in the correct folders in the art folder the new versions will replace those in the FPK. I tried to add them but did something wrong.

I prefer the top mountain mine.

I'll look into this mysterious FPK thing, am sure it's going to be fun. VA tomorrow again so meh, later. :crazyeye:

I like the top mountain mine as well as my original one does not do well as an icon, it's just too subtle. That's two votes 'top', will this even garner three more votes? ;)

Attached is a zip containing the 4x DDS files. If you would be as kind to try and add these in a few days Dancing Hoskuld; you did a wonderful job on the kelp harvest.:goodjob:

Cheers!
-Liq

Attachments

• Mine DDS's(mountainmine 3is 'top').zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 90
MODERN_MINE.dds dont have alpha channel.
And for my experience better is to use DDS3 instead DDS1
Buttons are little less blury.

Top Bottom