Polish Translation of C2C

Please use this Topic to discuss on incoming Polish Translation.

Currently im working on polish translation to C2C. At this moment im in the middle of work.
Im done with integrating old transaltion from civ.org.pl to v32
Link to this translation is here:
http://forums.civ.org.pl/viewtopic.php?TopicID=10512
Authors of this translations are: LordFistas, Attyla

Translation will be constructed as a modmod based on new text files created by RWN.
I want to translate all important texts manualy and civilopedia texts using google translator. There are less important and automatic translation will fit for this job.

Currently im working on polish translation to C2C.

Great news :) BTW: is there a way to use your Polish modpack with the C2C civ megapack? I tried to use both (installed the first over the second) but it did not work - maybe there is some way (e.g. to edit some xml files) to avoid the conflicts?

S.

are units names and buildings names and other base stuff already translated?

Some of them yes, but many still are need some work. Today I ended with translating all Great People short biographies and now im working on rest of the stuff. I think July is realistic date when beta version of the translation will be ready to testing.

But the table you asked for help is still to complete by translator folks?

EDIT: please submit more tables, so we can work simultanouesly with you :)

hooray, first table already translated!

PS: can we have more text at once?

No need, I already done my work and Im starting testing translation in this week. I must text polish letters first then contact with RWN to help with XLS>XML transition and then start actual tests and fix what should be fixed and translation will be ready to download.

I thought we had set C2C up so that you could just add a <Polish> tag in the text files and the translation would be used.

Translation will be added as a modmod in modules directory. No need to increase size of the text files if no need.

but if it goes into <Polish> it may be included in trunk.
Not that I am important here but I would like it under Polish tag so it would be more portable.
and with modmod there is a problem when another player over network doesn't own it.
there were work in dll to include more languages, and I won't like it was wasted.

PS: if it was a modmod, would it require polish translation of BTS to work?

Translation will be added as a modmod in modules directory. No need to increase size of the text files if no need.

Would probably be best if it wasn't a modmod because it will not only be easier for players to just use the functionality without having to upload another fileset but would also let us more easily revert to English any text tag translations that have been made outdated, making keeping up on changes easier in the long run - just requires occasional checks on what's been added or changed.

so there is a need Sparth. Thunderbrd states one of them, I stated also two.
Also I really want to play C2C in Polish with friend of mine, who is bad at english :p Awaiting unpatiently :|

Top Bottom