Polish Translation of C2C

yeah difference in data size is really low in text. it is aproximately 2MB or lower. (don't shoot me if it's a few MB or a bit more :) )

I understand that you don't upload the changes since SourceForge has problems... but... separate from SF problems do you have any problems or unfinished buiseness that stops you from releasing polish translation?

I understand that you don't upload the changes since SourceForge has problems... but... separate from SF problems do you have any problems or unfinished buiseness that stops you from releasing polish translation?

Im waiting for transfer from XLS file to XML by RWN. He is little busy now.

aah thanks

BUMP

sourceforge.net is up
forums.civfanatics.com is up

I guess the translation will be availible soon?

Tomorrow im starting tests of translation and Ill want upload translation to SVN in this week. Personaly I want to end this work ASAP because I want to focus on other things in C2C :)

Partial translation is already in-game
For now there was uploaded bonuses and unit names. Next will be Technologies and Buildings.

Ok Polish translation v.1.0 was already uploaded to SVN and can now C2C can be played in Polish language.
Language can be changed in Advanced>Options menu.

Two more things:
- First translation dont include Polish BTS texts which are important if you want fully translated game.
Because in my translation was used <Polish> tag (instead <French> tag like in SPOLSZCZENIE do Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword from civ.org.pl)
then I strongly recomend to download and use these XML files: https://docs.google.com/uc?authuser=0&id=0B6VuHphw5zHzSmJyT3pIN2RNTEE&export=download
Download them and unpack it to yours Caveman2Cosmos directory.
And why its not included to C2C? Because its 20MBs and I really dont want to add more these megabytes to mod :)

- Second - Problem with Polish characters in some words.
Here is the solution for this problem http://forums.civ.org.pl/viewtopic.php?TopicID=6161
... but it didnt work for me :/
Dunno maybe its something witn my system (Win7) but sometimes I got strange letter instead for example letter &#322; or ó.

Credits:
original authors of translation to C2Cv32: LordFistas, Attyla
wikipedia
and me :)

:goodjob: :clap: :band: :)

Edit (after a few hours of gameplay): in general, translation is O.K. but there are some flaws:

- some animals and e.g. Myth buildings are not translated (maybe they are too new and have not been translated yet)
- I started in Prehistoric but some texts refer to the exploration of Cosmos (something like inspect colony instead of city, gold pieces are called credits etc.)
- English names for tribes and leaders (e.g. Casimir and Poles instead of Kazimierz and Polacy)
- sometimes mixed Polish and English text.

Anyway, good job!

S.

Please add to your "todo" list:

early civics:

"Barter" is not translated - I would suggest "wymiana" or "handel wymienny"

"Komunizm" (Communalism? just after unorganized labor) means communism - I would suggest "Wspólnota" (community).

(to be continued if I notice something else)

S.

Success, removed anoying bug with missing Polish fonts.

Great! It works, but not always.

- city screen: "&#379;ywno&#347;&#263;" (Food) is displayed as (E umlaut)ywno&#347;&#263;. Maybe something with character encoding?
- buildings with Polish chars (like Tkacz &#379;agli) are displayed correctly at the city screen, but at the map Polish chars are diaplayed as "?" (Tkacz ?agli)

Other bugs:

- "Staro&#380;ytno&#347;&#263; Era" - correct ortography, incorrect grammar. "Era Staro&#380;ytna" would be perfect but if you would like to avoid problems with Polish suffixes (I do not know if you speak any Polish) it could be something like "Era: Staro&#380;ytno&#347;&#263;"
- "Treser llam" -> "Treser lam" (some other buildings associated with these animals are O.K.)
- "Butka &#379;onglera" -> "Budka &#379;onglera" (Butka could mean this is not very big haughtiness - or a female small shoe)
- "Kórnik" is a town in Wielkopolska region (IIRC) while "kurnik" is the building for poultry (yes, Polish ortography is very difficult - (u,ó), (h,ch) and (&#380;,rz) are pronounced exactly the same)
- "Chata Ta&#324;cerzy" -> "Chata Tancerzy"
- still there are some phrases related to space exploration: "kolonizuj system gwiezdny" (colonize stellar system) when settling, "zbadaj system gwiezdny" (inspect stellar system?) before the first enter to the new city screen.

S.

- city screen: "&#379;ywno&#347;&#263;" (Food) is displayed as (E umlaut)ywno&#347;&#263;. Maybe something with character encoding?
- "Treser llam" -> "Treser lam" (some other buildings associated with these animals are O.K.)
- "Kórnik" is a town in Wielkopolska region (IIRC) while "kurnik" is the building for poultry (yes, Polish ortography is very difficult - (u,ó), (h,ch) and (&#380;,rz) are pronounced exactly the same)
- "Chata Ta&#324;cerzy" -> "Chata Tancerzy"
- still there are some phrases related to space exploration: "kolonizuj system gwiezdny" (colonize stellar system) when settling, "zbadaj system gwiezdny" (inspect stellar system?) before the first enter to the new city screen.
- "Butka &#379;onglera" -> "Budka &#379;onglera" (Butka could mean this is not very big haughtiness - or a female small shoe)

Ill find these bugs and fix them.

- buildings with Polish chars (like Tkacz &#379;agli) are displayed correctly at the city
screen, but at the map Polish chars are diaplayed as "?" (Tkacz ?agli)

Yea I know about this I dont have idea why its displaye in that way :/

- "Staro&#380;ytno&#347;&#263; Era" - correct ortography, incorrect grammar. "Era Staro&#380;ytna" would be perfect but if you would like to avoid problems with Polish suffixes (I do not know if you speak any Polish) it could be something like "Era: Staro&#380;ytno&#347;&#263;"

I cannot change order of these two words because both of them translated in two different places. But I can translate it this way:
"Staro&#380;ytna Era"
"&#346;redniowieczna Era"
"Przemys&#322;owa Era"

Its not perfect I know but will be better.

Top Bottom