Modular Religions

Not at all. I am slowly working my way through them, improving the modularity slightly. Also considering making the ones that are dead end techs into Wonder Techs (based on Platyping;s code of course)

Well, that's good to hear both times.

Incidentally, if there is anything I can do to improve the modularity more quickly, I can try to help.

Right-o. :)

Wow is Rodnovery (sp?) OP or What!!?? I wish some of the other Religions would give just half of what it gives in :gold: and :science:.

And why, when you convert to a religion you did not found, don't you get all the benefits of that religion? Example if you Convert to Tengrii you can build the Shaman Hut and then the Wind Horse I and II and King Geasar(sp) buildings but not the Horse trainer. :/

JosEPh

I have no idea what effects the religions give you any more. By the late mediaeval era in my game, there were enough religions founded to completely obscure what actual benefits resulted in the F7 window (and that's playing on 1920x1080 resolution).

I almost have Platiping's World Tech working for religions. I forgot that Koshing had done some work on improving the efficiency of the calls from the dll to Python ie Python Call Backs as they are referred to in the XML. I was calling the old which does exist any more and getting a CTD without error.:lol:

In the mean time I have changed the current modular religions to be untradable so the AI will not ask to buy them off you any more. Once I get the World Tech working they wont waste time researching them either.

Wow is Rodnovery (sp?) OP or What!!?? I wish some of the other Religions would give just half of what it gives in :gold: and :science:.

Rodnovera. I guess this may be pronounced as "Rodna viera" - "native faith" in some Slavic language (I can understand it as I speak Polish and Russian). Not so much OP - default Monasteries give you :science: and some buildings for the other religions give you :gold: Please note that there is a drawback (IIRC -10% military production for each building). Very good for peaceful builders, like e.g. Janism.

And why, when you convert to a religion you did not found, don't you get all the benefits of that religion? Example if you Convert to Tengrii you can build the Shaman Hut and then the Wind Horse I and II and King Geasar(sp) buildings but not the Horse trainer. :/

It requires Horses (at least one resource). No Horses - no Tengri Horse Trainer.

S.

In the mean time I have changed the current modular religions to be untradable so the AI will not ask to buy them off you any more. Once I get the World Tech working they wont waste time researching them either.

That sounds like it will be a pretty big change in terms of game-play.

Well, yes, but given the brisk trade in religious techs that was previously endemic in the game, it's a pretty large change.

Rodnovera. I guess this may be pronounced as "Rodna viera" - "native faith" in some Slavic language (I can understand it as I speak Polish and Russian). Not so much OP - default Monasteries give you :science: and some buildings for the other religions give you :gold: Please note that there is a drawback (IIRC -10% military production for each building). Very good for peaceful builders, like e.g. Janism.

It requires Horses (at least one resource). No Horses - no Tengri Horse Trainer.

S.

Had 2 horse resources. Had bee-lined Tengri to get there 1st but was beaten to it. Then had to wait till contact with the AI that did get it before I could convert.

I always try to get to Tengri 1st. I'm very well versed in what is required.

JosEPh

It sounds strange. Maybe (when watching city screen) you could switch off "show constructable buildings" and check if Tengri Horse Trainer appears and, if so, why it is grayed (of course, if you have not done so already)?

S.

Top Bottom