Forest Chop

adog

Prince
Why is it, whenever you chop a forest that's shared with 2 cites, it never gives the shields to the city that you wanted it to. Is there a way to pick which city gets the shields?

Perhaps if a city is working that tile it will get the shields from that forest?

Here is what Alexman said about tree shields:

When you chop a forest, the city receiving the shields is determined in this order of priority (keypad directions to city location from forest):
9-6-3-2-1-4-7-8-98-99-96-36-33-32-12-11-14-74-77-78

Of course, cities building a Wonder or belonging to a different civilization are not considered. And contrary to popular belief, worked tiles make no difference to where the shields end up.

adog said:
Why is it, whenever you chop a forest that's shared with 2 cites, it never gives the shields to the city that you wanted it to. Is there a way to pick which city gets the shields?

Switch the one(s) that you do not want the shields in to a (small) wonder/Palace. Wealth works also, but kills the shields that you might have in the box.

Virtual Alex said:
Why are cities building wonders ignored!? That the main reason i chop forests... :eek:
You can't use "tainted" shields to build wonders, large or small. You'd find that if you had chopped a forest for, say, a barracks or harbor and then tried to switch to a wonder, the option would be greyed out. The same goes for shields from disbanded units...they are considered tainted. Wonders must be built "brick by brick", with a Leader, or switched from another build which has NOT been tainted.

Those shields would just be wasted. You can't use disband or forest shields for wonders, you would just lose those shields. Also, if you've already chopped or disbanded in a certain city it won't let you switch the build to a wonder.

edit- crosspost with gmaharriet

@Virtual Alex: There was something about this here. :lol:

No offense, just kidding. :D :lol:

Padma said:
No, it was the same in Vanilla. Unless maybe the original unpatched version....
Well, I had unpatched Vanilla for a really long time, and I don't seem to remember anything like this there... But I might be wrong.

I'm still playing unpatched vanilla, and as far as I can tell, you can not us chopped shields for wonders.

Top Bottom