Succession Ballot 7: Results

ash88

Hail to the King Baby -DN
Succession Ballot 7: Results

In the year 225BC the nobles of Merlot gathered in the great meeting hall. It was a tense time for the great Kingdom. The nation of Mavericks had recently become a puppet of Merlot while the cold war between Merlot and the other Kingdoms continued - leaving Merlot desperately alienated on the world stage.

The nobles spoke in whispered tones of their loyalties. It was then that Lord Slaze, one of the Kings senior advisors, broke ranks and approached the throne defiantly.

"I claim my throne" said Slaze. The room erupted and guards quickly crossed spears in front of Lord Slaze.

Sir Zorag's voice rose above them all, "I pledge my alliegance to the Great King Indiansmoke" he yelled.

"As do I," bellowed Sir whb. "Lord Slaze, stop this outrage!"

Sir Fktor cried out, "King Slaze is our rightful King!" and all eyes turned towards him, and the room became silent. Certainly the hall had heard many claims before, often from Sir mgsmuhammad, but none before this had ever been considered a threat to the stability of the Throne.

At this moment Sir mgsmuhammad stepped forward and announced, "Is it not obvious brothers that King DaveShack is our rightful King!" It seemed to all that Sir mgsmuhammad's insanity was advancing, as he now declared the mythical and legendary God of Silence as his King.

The room became more somber, and Sir Winston Hughes stepped forward and in a strong voice declared, "King Slaze is our rightful King." This was then echoed by Sir Plako, Sir Caledorn, Sir Cataphract867, Sir Snaaty, Sir SunTzuWarrior, and Sir Snaker8.

Aivoturso stood forward confidently, "King Indiansmoke is our rightful King! Brothers stand with me!"

But no other nobles dared speak, for no more were strong enough to step forward. So on that day King Indiansmoke I, who had ruled Merlot from the begining of the ages, rose from the throne and passed the crown to King Slaze II.

King Slaze II now had the daunting task of restructuring his Kingdom in his image!

Long Live King Slaze II! May his rule be forever!

[OOC: Finally Tally Indiansmoke:4(including himself) Slaze:9. I trust that Slaze and Indiansmoke will work together to transfer all the necessary login information, passwords, and anything else needed. If there are any issues/confusions then please pm me - but realize that I will need to respond publically if necessary as I am no longer permitted to write privately to Slaze). I want to thank Slaze for handling this first overthrow in private messages and in the spirit of the team - I had no idea about Slaze's claim until I got his PM :). On behalf of everyone I also want to thank Indiansmoke OOC for his leadership and the huge time he has invested in this game and our team to date. I hope that we make use of his expertise as we continue forward! In the interest of keeping this thread IC, if anyone has anything OOC to say pls keep it in PMs! Thanks!]

Vive la Révolution!

Congratulations slaze. Quite ironic timing, given our nation is undergoing a revolution in-game as well!

I haven't heard or seen posts from King Slaze yet, but if someone could verify that turns are being played that would be great. This is a preemptive query as I don't want any turns to be missed during the change.

Cheers.

Top Bottom