LINESII- Into the Darkness- Part II

Well, fortunately alex is correcting that little slip of yours now...

Meh, the exoduses would be more realistic if all these nations were still tribes, that happened a lot when the big bad steppe peoples would come into Germany and Eastern Europe every once in a while for tea.

As for more established examples? Usually its more of a diaspora than an organized exodus. I guess Israeli kingdoms come to mind, though I'm no expert there. The split up of the Valins actually makes a lot of sense to me, one exodus got broken up all over the place into a lot of smaller countries.

Nurmafer's makes a little bit of sense if Kal told them to migrate. Reference the established Native Americans being forced into different lands by colonists.

Also, some of the Iberian jostling in the Dark Ages was similar to this, but they didn't move that much. Kingdom of Asturia, successor to visigoths, changed around quite a bit, but still in the same area.

But I babble. I'm not protected the exoduses, just providing some examples. Tear them to shreds if they're wrong, I'd rather learn than think I'm right :p

Thlayli said:
(exodusi?) ;)

Not to nitpick, but it'd be Exodi if you wanted to be Roman. :p

I guess Israeli kingdoms come to mind, though I'm no expert there.

Ahem. They had civil wars and were conquered. And even then, pretty much all of them stayed in place - the Babylonians had to drag them away to send them into exodus. And even then, it took several more devastating conquests and enslavements to get the Jews to actually start spreading around the world.

And that was one of the occassions that came the closest!

Aeneas might qualify, though his was more one noble fleeing and establishing a new nation (if the legend is true, in any case)... Quetzalcoatl of the Toltecs is a much better one--leaving with all of his followers on ships--though his empire that he conquered then again mostly consisted of Maya subjects... But yeah, it happens a little too much.

But I know what you mean, Iggy. If I had been thinking straight, the Portuguese exodus in stNNES7 should've failed as well; it's simply too far to lug an entire populace. In all honesty, the most that should happen is the above examples: a leader flees, perhaps with his armies, but they don't completely resettle a nation of their own people; it mostly consists of conquered subjects.

That one does happen fairly often. Not as often with the exodii.

Orders will be sent later today. So tired...

@emu- Only a small part of your population fled, the large majority remained, resisted, and were occupied.

@das- Nortugal... :p

Yeah, the leader with a different people is what happened with the Citadel.

Starting update now, BTW. I'll do non-Lengel stuff first.

Sorry if it may come late. I've got several things slowing me down:

1. My best friend is moving away in a few days.
2. I have to fix several brass instruments for my band teacher.
3. I'm doing a correspondance course, as I've said before, and I have to put in about 6 hours a day in order to finish it before I'm back in school.
4. JalNES.

Yeah, the leader with a different people is what happened with the Citadel.

It was more of a character type than a people, though. The Prophet managed to travel through most of the known countries, and attracted people as he went.

@das- Nortugal...

Yes, that and tossitrek. But I do learn from my mistakes. ;)

Then let me make a few mistakes and let us all assume that the Exodian Ocean is unusually easy to cross.

Can we call it the Pacific, then? Or maybe go further, and call it the "Conducive Ocean". Hmm... Doesn't quite roll off the tongue. How about, "Pleasurecruise Sea?"

:p

If you wanted a real NES make a military coup and take over the government of your country, if not, then it don't really matter :p

das said:
Yes, that and tossitrek. But I do learn from my mistakes. ;)
Lurker's Comment I was fully expecting him to make it to northern Scandinavia and raise a mighty Viking scourge in retribution for having been killed so many times...

Can we call it the Pacific, then? Or maybe go further, and call it the "Conducive Ocean". Hmm... Doesn't quite roll off the tongue. How about, "Pleasurecruise Sea?"
Exodian is fine.

Starting updating the Peripheral nations now.

Did we ever end up with a name for our continent?

Looking through my old orders, I believe I proposed Galasia, though I don't quite know why. :p

Top Bottom