could of been better

jimmy4747

Chieftain
personaly i dont like civ revolution that much i think u should have the ability to be able to pick the size and shape of the map also u should be able to pick the kind of victory u want and u should be able to pick the number of players in the game i am disapointed and the disigners could had done better

I think you should tech punctuation. It adds +8 relevance to all threads on this site.

Grammarical jabs aside, I think you should look to Civ4 for all your customization needs. Personally I like the pick-up-and-play feel of CivRev. There is something to be said for being able to have a Civ experience in one sitting.

Jimmy, it sounds like you want to play Civ4. ;)

Civ:Rev was not designed for the current PC-Civ players. It was designed for console gamers, who may never have played a Turn-Based Strategy game, before.

Looks like they are never going to understand that. :crazyeye::crazyeye::crazyeye:

Yeah, but we generally frown on spelling/grammar Nazis here. ;)

Still, there are days I just want to take people's keyboard away until they show they really can construct intelligible posts. :p

But, this is all off-topic, so we don't need any further commentary, now.

Yeah, but we generally frown on spelling/grammar Nazis here. ;)

Still, there are days I just want to take people's keyboarsa away until they show they really can construct intelligible posts. :p

But, this is all off-topic, so we don't need any further commentary, now.

wow, your talking about bad typing, and you typed keyboard wrong

I love this notion that anyone who thinks the game is terrible just must not understand that it was made for "console gamers."

Newflash donkey -- all of us ARE console gamers or we wouldn't have purchased the game to play on our CONSOLE because we wouldn't OWN a CONSOLE. Some of us just prefer a little variety in our diet, and happen to play great PC games on occasion, such as the Civilization games.

I don't care if it was prepared for PC gamers, console gamers or hula-hoop players, the game is mindless, boring and bare bones. The strategy component has been removed which [was] the component that made the game great.

By the way Pammy -- I would learn to properly use the grammatical enigma that is a comma before I host any additional seminars on keyboard caution. But maybe I just don't understand the concept that your posts are for "console gamers":

"But, this is all off-topic, so we don't need any further commentary, now."

"It was designed for console gamers, who may never have played a Turn-Based Strategy game, before."

personaly i dont like civ revolution that much i think u should have the ability to be able to pick the size and shape of the map also u should be able to pick the kind of victory u want and u should be able to pick the number of players in the game i am disapointed and the disigners could had done better

I think the civ's unique bonus and the wonder bonuses are much stronger than in the pc civ's. because of this the game needs specific limitations (size of map, number of players) to remained balanced.

I don't understand how anyone could say this game doesn't take strategy. That's like saying Quake 3 doesn't take skill..

By the way Pammy -- I would learn to properly use the grammatical enigma that is a comma before I host any additional seminars on keyboard caution. But maybe I just don't understand the concept that your posts are for "console gamers"

The name is Padma, occasionally "Pad", for short. :mad:

It is based on Padma Sambhava, an ancient Buddhist monk. The connotation is "wise old man". I've been around the block more than a few times, and proper, grammatical use of language is one of my pet peeves.

I suggest you learn the proper use of the comma, as I used it quite correctly in my previous post.

And if you have anything else to say on the subject, take it to private message (PM).

My posts are not for console gamers. Rather, this game is designed for console gamers, not for those of us who have played iterations of CIv on the PC over the years.

Top Bottom