Ask a Gay, Southern, American, Teenage Curler who is also a Boy Scout

What was the definition of Gender role nonconformist? To get 11% in one study and 25% in another is exceptionally bizarre unless you have fairly different definitions. Just averaging those isn't good it's terrible, they should get more studies with the same definition and then go with a median. Appealing to Aristophanes is weird because he was a playwright and so has no authority.
The point is that either there are vastly more gay people than typically estimated, or there are far more straight men who are effeminate than homosexual, contrary to your personal opinion that you have not even seen one who wasn't gay. The odds are that most effeminate men you assumed were gay were actually not.

The point is that either there are vastly more gay people than typically estimated, or there are far more straight men who are effeminate than homosexual, contrary to your personal opinion that you have not even seen one who wasn't gay. The odds are that most effeminate men you assumed were gay were actually not.

Actually I honestly haven't met that many really effeminate males; I don't assume that because someone is effeminate they are gay.

So apparently we're meant to ask Mango questions...

What do you think about society's image/perception of masculinity?

I think it's fine. Do you have something specific in mind?

In fact , most people you assume are something are actually not . Which is bloody great .

Yes, you should never judge. I've judged people by how they look before and thought they were probably losers, but then I get to know them and they're actually pretty cool.

Love looks with the heart, not with the eyes, and therefore is cupid painted blind.

- Shakespeare

Ruh roh. Now we get to talk about Mango using unattributed quotes. :p But I couldn't agree more.

I really enjoyed looking like a hippie on Wall Street back in the 70s. It was hilarious what preconceived notions that "suits" would get when they saw someone wearing his father's fatigue jacket, with all the insignia removed of course. This was particularly true on the day the No Nukes rally closed down Wall Street. I got all sorts of dirty looks going home after pulling an all-nighter coding away for the betterment of the financial industry. They all assumed I must be one of "them" instead of one of "us".

On Ash Wednesday once, I got a newsprint smudge from reading the NY Times on the subway on the way to work on my forehead right between my eyebrows. Everybody looked at me quite startled, including those in the office where I worked. I couldn't figure out why until I went to the washroom and discerned that I had accidentally transformed myself into a Catholic.

Bo Burnham said:
Now I don't know if all boy scouts are gays
But they could probably "tie the knot" in like fifty different ways...
Is he right?

Ruh roh. Now we get to talk about Mango using unattributed quotes. :p But I couldn't agree more.

Well, I assumed everyone knew it was Shakespeare, but I shall appease you. =)

On Ash Wednesday once, I got a newsprint smudge from reading the NY Times on the subway on the way to work on my forehead right between my eyebrows. Everybody looked at me quite startled, including those in the office where I worked. I couldn't figure out why until I went to the washroom and discerned that I had accidentally transformed myself into a Catholic.

lol

Is he right?

I can tie two knots. I suspect most of us can.

You used to have to know a lot more knots than that. I even learned how to tie a bowline one-handed after the scout master swore it could someday save my life knowing how. It still hasn't come up...

You used to have to know a lot more knots than that. I even learned how to tie a bowline one-handed after the scout master swore it could someday save my life knowing how. It still hasn't come up...

once you master the bowline all other knots become easy...

I eventually plaited my own Bushman's thong worn with pride at MY Queen Scout Ceremony

I eventually plaited my own Bushman's thong worn with pride at MY Queen Scout Ceremony

I have no idea what you are saying but it sounds very wrong.....

I have no idea what you are saying but it sounds very wrong.....

It seemed legit at the time .... do you think my scout leader lied to me ... he did have a "Turks head knot woggle" so i just assumed he was OK

It could. Say someone kidnaps you and demands you tie a bowline with one hand or he'll kill you, you'll be thankful you know how then!

I used to know more because I think it's required for getting a few badges or advancements, but usually we just studied right before we had to tie one and afterwards we'd forget.

Our troop isn't too crafty, so a granny knot will suffice for anything we need.

Ouch. The least everybody should know is the square knot.

They have always stuck with me. It wasn't until much later in life that I used a half hitch all the time to tie up my Waverunner.

It could. Say someone kidnaps you and demands you tie a bowline with one hand or he'll kill you, you'll be thankful you know how then!

I used to know more because I think it's required for getting a few badges or advancements, but usually we just studied right before we had to tie one and afterwards we'd forget.

Our troop isn't too crafty, so a granny knot will suffice for anything we need.

A granny knot wouldn't suffice for pioneering structures we've made

Ouch. The least everybody should know is the square knot.

Besides granny, that's the other I know.

A granny knot wouldn't suffice for pioneering structures we've made

Yeah, our troop is pretty relaxed, I guess. When we have to make something, one of us usually volunteers to make a weather rock (a rock tied to a branch). At campouts, if there's no water, we always play sports and cut up things, but we never volunteer to do anything pioneer-like. The only pioneer things we like doing are making fires and making bongs.

What is curling exactly and what led you to it?

Bowling on ice and the Olympics.

do you like apples?

Who the hell doesn't?

For your gay teenageness, just how attractive is this young man?

Link to video.

I appreciate his skill on the guitar, but he's not too attractive.

For your curlerness, how long do you plan to keep curling? Ever considered going beyond the amateur level?

I'll curl forever or until I move somewhere where people don't curl. I won't go beyond the amateur level, I don't think, because I don't have too much of an interest in it.

Besides granny, that's the other I know.
Unless you are deliberately trying to frustrate the guy who has to untie it, An example of what never to do doesn't exactly count as a knot.

Top Bottom