Current Status + Future Updates

Okay, I think we should be pushing for a release of the mod with in the next week or so. The mod itself is pretty stable, but the scenario will probably still take a while longer, so that will be omitted, but I'd like to bring out a "0.8" version of some kind ASAP. That way, we can work with GarretSidzaka to get Second Rev working with this while our own scenario is being readied. Thoughts?

Long time no see. Glad to hear things have been progressing in my absence (apologies for that, exams are still approaching and work is... sapping time... to say the least). Quite excited, can't wait to see the mod in action. Additionally I am sort of taking some satisfaction in the fact that what I was doing (the text) isn't a real necessity. Could I resume doing that in about mid-June when the exams are over, if I'm still needed? :)

Is this the release of the beta or the full-blown mod?

Very cool. I actually re-remembered this mod when i was looking for a real world scenario mod :)

as for second revolution, i will be releasing 2 maps with the mod. these scenarios will cover 2005 (george bush vs. anarcho syndicalists) and 2015 (obama vs. anarcho capitalists)

if i get some support for this mod, i will add this project of yours to my credits and to my menu screen along with my music credits.

right now im waiting on a feature i requested from gr3yhound for mapview. if he tells me he is not implementing it, i will go on from there by hand.

also, have i covered this mod of yours in the ModCast? coz if i havent, we need a guest mod for Sunday 3rd, may. (one week from now)

I'm not dead yet! My desktop computer is, though, so that's why I haven't been posting on these forums. My laptop can't handle Civ4.

Okay, I think we should be pushing for a release of the mod with in the next week or so. The mod itself is pretty stable, but the scenario will probably still take a while longer, so that will be omitted, but I'd like to bring out a "0.8" version of some kind ASAP. That way, we can work with GarretSidzaka to get Second Rev working with this while our own scenario is being readied. Thoughts?

NikNaks, any chance you can tell us a bit more about the status of the mod?

Reason I asked is because you've mentioned that the scenario is not ready, and I wonder which aspects of the scenario is causing the delay. The city-placement work has been finished almost two months ago and all I've been doing since then on the scenario is basically shaving it up (which is unnecessary if time is pressed). From my perspective, as long as all the leaderheads, units and buildings are finalized, someone can start placing them on the scenario, which wouldn't take too long to do so.

Moreover, would it be possible to provide a 60civ dll version of the mod so that I could load up the scenario properly? (The scenario has only been loaded up with a 36civ version before).

Have the ideologies already been placed, too, Genghis?

Have the ideologies already been placed, too, Genghis?

I didn't, as I was not assigned to do so. But I think you have already done the hardest work on it, i.e. the research work you did and then nicely listed them in an excel file. Anyone can take over the excel file and start placing the correct ideologies on the map by simply searching and pasting.

The biggest part remaining for the scenario now, I think, is placing units. But there is also an excel file prepared for that distribution as well is it not? If so then again, it should not take too long to do.

Okay, I'll be posting a detailed status update either later today or tomorrow. Watch this space.

While I'm collating the files posted to the forum and uploading them, you can look at this logo that I've finally finished:

And, I've opened us a DB entry on ModDB, so please sign-up there and apply to join the group if you have time. I need at least one more member to get the group approved, but if you're a member there, you can also upload files, which means even more exposure for us!

Further to my previous post, here is the link for ModDB. Please upload screenshots if/when you get the chance as this improves our chances of being approved. Even if there are some errors in the shots, they just need to show some progress.

Cool logo! :thumbsup:, we'll have to add that to our wiki.

BTW, how do I join the mod on ModDB, I signed up for an account but I can't find anywhere to join the mod?

Oh, it won't let me join until the group is authorized... so now I guess we just have to play the waiting game.... I'm bored lets go play Civ :lol:

Top Bottom