Many a Story from One Game

Silverman6083

History-Lover
Today it really came to me why I can't finish a story. I just get too excited on one idea, and then I start writing a story, but I then get very excited on another idea and lose interest in the story I start! So right here I am making a thread for many different small stories, that all take place in one game of civ! So I may be uploading a narrative tomorrow or maybe later I'm not sure. But anyhow there's a brief explanation and happy civving!

Interesting idea, will certainly be following! (May have to rip off the idea, too...I've unfortunately lost interest in finishing my SFA story, which stinks because it was pretty fun.)

Circa 1923

The group of men sat in the cramped room in utter silence. They were all holding small arms, and each a few grenades. They all were at their posts at various windows, with 2 ready at the door in case any people came barging in.
They all waited in utter concentration scanning for the police, or maybe even worse the actual boys in uniform.
"Hey", one of the men said.
"What?", another quietly barked, with a note of authority.
"Why are we even here? We've lost too many men, there's no way any of us are walking out of this hole alive, why don't we escape right now!"
That was the elephant in the room. No one expected anyone else to say it, but there they were.
There was a long silence.
The second man finally stood up from his window post.
"Why are we here? Why are we here...We are here because too many have fallen in our fight for Siam too be forgotten. Too many sons killed, too many fathers fallen in a fight for identity. Too long have we suffered on the streets, too long have we been subjected to the extreme communism that our overlords have thrust upon us! If we are to fall in this building then so be it, because another thousand will rise form our ashes! Then our brothers shall elect a new High Emperor who will bring the Siamese people from the lowest depths of the slums to the highest of palaces! That is why we fight my friend. Besides we are just a few men in just one building in just one city in all of Siam who are fighting for Liberation, and our people are in every corner in the country and there are at least a million of us in this city alone! We cannot lose and when we die for Siam, Siam shall remember us as glorious heroes, and when that happens my friend, then we shal never die. No true Siamese man, woman, or child shall."
With that he turned and sat back down to his window.
Another long pause.
"Yes sir...of course sir. I...forget my country."
"Don't worry", the leader replied, "she will never forget you. Because right now..."
An explosion interrupted him. The flames engulfed one of the walls in the rebels' building, and shrapnel were sent flying through the air.
Immediately the rebels jump into cover and spray their submachine guns. All they could hear was the light screams and the loud, engulfing ringing in their ears. One of the men throws a molotov with an inflamed napkin at the hole the Siamese Armymen had created. As the man pops his head up to throw it, he catches a glimpse of muzzle flashes among the thick smoke from debris and gunpowder. A few seconds after the cocktail had been thrown the ringing in his ears had stopped and he could hear the screams of the Army men, but still it did little to stop their advance.
The leader heard his men and their enemies alike screaming in pain as bullets and shrapnel and fire hit their bodies. He gets up from his position behind a cabinet and runs into fire, but he realizes that all of his men were dead behind him, and as he sprayed his weapon he had no regret, and felt no pain as the bullets hit him and sent flying out the window.
Because he knew that more would be their to fight, and that the Siamese Liberation Flag still flew high form his building.
Spoiler :
[/IMG]

Interesting idea to write about the discontent within a civ.

But I thought that the game usually refers to Communism as Order; how come it doesn't there?

Interesting idea to write about the discontent within a civ.

But I thought that the game usually refers to Communism as Order; how come it doesn't there?

Its most likely one of the mods I'm using. I use too many mods :mischief:

Interesting story. Will you finish this one out or post a new one next?

By the way I'll probably start a new game and borrow from your idea. It will be a macro narrative of a civ with personal stories to give and fill in detail.

Interesting story. Will you finish this one out or post a new one next?

By the way I'll probably start a new game and borrow from your idea. It will be a macro narrative of a civ with personal stories to give and fill in detail.

Oh cool apparently this is an inspiring idea :lol: Yeah I just read through that post again and realized it was...too put it lightly :deadhorse: that's what I want to do to it. So I'm thinking of starting a new, hopefully more interesting game, but I don't know, I'll figure it out tomorrow.
Oh and please do make a story! This forum needs more good stories.

Rapture had come. The enemy was too powerful. With our primitive weapons we could never stand to the might of Portugal. Was this our punishment? To be obliterated, humiliated, forced to bow at our godlike master's feet? Our greatest men of science did not understand the weapons. Projectiles that come from the heaven itself, green flames of death, and giant man-like machines. Our futile landships burn like paper in a flame when fought by these abominations. Oh, dear god, what have we done to anger you, to cause you to wreck this plague across our land? Already, within a month our capital has fallen, and so has our way of life. As I write Agaidika is under siege by their exploding bullets. But, a small victory has been won, we have repulsed the demons for now, they will come back though with more, more weapons of death and destruction. Our only choice is to bend to their will like a tree in a storm as we are earthly and they are heavenly. Our only choice is to welcome the new gods.

This my first time posting a story so I hope that the community likes it! I'm new here, so hello CivFanatics! :) :)

Late to reply to this but it was a good start Portugal. It was almost feel like being in the shoes of native south Americans when the European powers came into the picture.

Top Bottom