founding fathers, education and building mod

letsdance

Chieftain
the aod2 mod is great, but a few things i didn't like and a few things seem to be made for a certain playing style (like avoiding statesman) that does not match mine. so i did a few xml changes that can be divided in 2 groups.

the first one changes founding fathers to a large extend (complete list would be very long), especially to make them fit better for small maps with water (exploration less important) - but can also be used with larger maps though i advice to change or not to buy the first exploration FF in that case.

FF changes in short:
- overall improved
- better balanced for small maps
- exploration track is quick and short for early benefits
- increase costs for high end FFs to make that struggle interesting for a longer time
- more different traits

- reduced Political points from bells from 5 to 4
- increased religion points from crosses from 2 to 3
- small amounts of exploration points can be made from trading with natives and missionaries

files: CIV4TraitInfos.xml, CIV4FatherInfos.xml, CIV4FatherPointInfos.xml

the second eliminates education gold cost and the +% bonusses from factories. education duration is longer, bought people in europe have cost increments, factories can produce more but need much more resources to do so (more like original colonization). this makes gold less important.

building and education changes:
- cannons get +50 % city attack, start price and increments in Europe doubled
- all persons get increments when bought in europe
- education gold cost removed, duration increased (note: duration does not increment)
- +50 % production bonus removed from factories, production increased from 6 to 9 and allow 4 workers

files: GlobalDefines.xml, CIV4UnitInfos.xml, CIV4BuildingInfos.xml

i assume the FF change works without aod2 (didn't test it), the other changes don't. to use either of these you have to overwrite the corresponding files from the aod2 mod (unzip in the aod2 mod folder, the rars include the full path), so back them up first.

dance!

Attachments

• letsdances_FFs.rar
    10 KB · Views: 222
  • letsdance_buildings.rar
    15.1 KB · Views: 246
Top Bottom