Bug Reports

From the other thread, another person posted and I confirmed this problem: When part of your empire revolts to form a new civ, if you choose to accept control of the new civ, you cannot end your turn (I believe it just says "waiting for other players" at the bottom of the screen). Pressing enter does nothing, and you're just kind of stuck.

I can-t get the Warlords Mod to work at all, I can get the vanilla one working but not the Warlords. I have followed the installation instructions to the letter but all i get is a run-time error before it does anything.

Thanks in advance

P.S. I also realise it could be down to my own stupidity, but I was hoping to rule out all other things first!

P.P.S. It seems that it might be my own stupidity, as it happens with a different mod pack as well, although i can load a different mod.

From the other thread, another person posted and I confirmed this problem: When part of your empire revolts to form a new civ, if you choose to accept control of the new civ, you cannot end your turn (I believe it just says "waiting for other players" at the bottom of the screen). Pressing enter does nothing, and you're just kind of stuck.

Thanks for posting ... this means the code has created a second human player and so the game is waiting for this mystery person to finish their turn. Hopefully I can track it down.

If you're getting a runtime error, that usually means the DLL is having problems. Is there anything in your CustomAssets folder? These could be superceding needed files for the mod. Also, if for some reason you haven't updated to 2.08, that would cause problems ...

If neither of these solves it, I'll need a little more info. Please post whatever is in the error popup ...

hi im having a problem with my technology slider sometimes getting stuck ex: like ill have 2 more turns to finish researching astronomy but the next 3 or 4 turns it will just sit there. It will go up to one turn left but then it will fall back to 2 or 3. Even if i move up my tech slider all the way up to 80% it wont budge. I know it might not be a bug but do you guys have any ideas what it could be?

hi im having a problem with my technology slider sometimes getting stuck ex: like ill have 2 more turns to finish researching astronomy but the next 3 or 4 turns it will just sit there. It will go up to one turn left but then it will fall back to 2 or 3. Even if i move up my tech slider all the way up to 80% it wont budge. I know it might not be a bug but do you guys have any ideas what it could be?

If a bunch of your cities revolt and are in disorder, then they will not be producing the research that was expected. Your research would stall if many of your cities are revolting. This is one possibility ...

If you're getting a runtime error, that usually means the DLL is having problems. Is there anything in your CustomAssets folder? These could be superceding needed files for the mod. Also, if for some reason you haven't updated to 2.08, that would cause problems ...

If neither of these solves it, I'll need a little more info. Please post whatever is in the error popup ...

well there is a lot of empty folders I-m thinking they're interfering in some way but the are no files, I have the latest patch

I have re-installed my civ game, and made sure the updates have been done, now it doesn't give me the runtime error, I just get:

"Sid Meier's Civilization 4 : Warlords has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. etc"

on the other hand the other mod i was trying to load and had a similar run-time error now loads fine.

Thanks for posting ... this means the code has created a second human player and so the game is waiting for this mystery person to finish their turn. Hopefully I can track it down.

Upon further review, it was actually an unexpected side effect of a different bug introduced in the last version ... my QA team has been sacked :p So this will be fixed in the next version, to be posted in the next couple days. I finally figured out a good way to test the revolution human player popup handling, so a lot of things have been ironed out.

I have re-installed my civ game, and made sure the updates have been done, now it doesn't give me the runtime error, I just get:

"Sid Meier's Civilization 4 : Warlords has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. etc"

on the other hand the other mod i was trying to load and had a similar run-time error now loads fine.

I'm sorry, but I have no idea what is going wrong ... it's fine for their to be empty folders in your custom assets folder, that's not a problem. If you haven't cleaned out your cache, see the instructions with the installation notes.

Other than that, good luck! ... and please post if you manage to figure it out.

yeah i think its a problem with the computer i recently upgraded to a better motherboard and processor and it seems to be having teething problems, which is a shame because I love this mod

i noticed in later games AI goes 100% culture and set tech research to 0% for the rest of the game (after liberalism is researched).

that's very annoying since the other cpus will continue researching techs fast...

i noticed in later games AI goes 100% culture and set tech research to 0% for the rest of the game (after liberalism is researched).

that's very annoying since the other cpus will continue researching techs fast...

Are you playing with the RevAI dll by chance?

That's standard behavior for Better Ai when a civ thinks it can win a culture victory. That's also the way players who earn the quickest possible cultural victories go about it.

Having read most of the Better AI thread (before it split into the subforum) I can recall that Blake specifically said that at some point an AI would shut down research and money to run 100% culture if they think they can win that way. It is a touch gamey, but it's the best way to win with culture.

So, no, it does not do it in Warlords. But it does do it in Warlords with Better AI.

Top Bottom