Bug Reports

Problems fixed now! :D
This is what happened:

I wanted to try out revalution, but had the problem, so i posted my problem here, then i Switched the mygames/bts folder that had the Bug mod installed to my second mygames/bts folder which didn't have the BUG mod installed so i could play a succesion game that didn't allow the BUG mod.

Tons of thanks, can't wait to play!

Also a side question... Does Raging Barbs effect the Barbarian civ feature?

Hi jdog,

I just started a game with the latest version (1.35bts) and with the "minor civ until writing" option turned on. There's a couple of weird things in the saved game I attached here, I'm not really sure if they're bugs or not. One, I first contacted Hatty before she discovered writing and was still a minor civ, and as soon as she settled into a full civ I got a -3 "You declared war on us!" modifier with her. If that's the intended behavior, that doesn't seem fair to me, since I never actually did declare war on her. Two, all but one of my cities are producing 0 gpt, even though they have wineries and hamlets that are being worked next to them. Even if I click on the gold icon in the city screen, they still won't produce any gold. I'm not sure if this is a bug in the new version of the mod or what, but I've never seen this happen before in any of my other games, so I kinda think it is...:confused:

Much obliged if you could take a look at this.

Attachments

• Mehmed AD-1050.CivBeyondSwordSave
    411.8 KB · Views: 86
I have the same problems as you t3bing, i tried the minor civ until writing option.

Except in my case it's Isabella.

I got a pic to:

I don't have the problem with the 0 gpt though. All are producing the correct amount of GPT.

Well, your 2 civs were technically at war, it doesn't seem as if once both of you discover writing, your civs will be like "well, we were just killing each other, but since we know how to write now, we'll forgive you." Although from a gameplay perspective, it does seem a little harsh.

t3bing:

Loading your save, none of the cities produce any gpt initially but if I change the Sci slider down from 100% they start to :mischief: ... all looks good to me, was that the source of the confusion?

Anyway, I've got a solution to the war relationship issue too, much of Firaxis's handling of minor civs (and the barbs too) depends on the fact that they declare war on everyone before the game starts ... had to update CvTeam::declareWar to not do relationship effects for these dynamic minor civs.

Loading your save, none of the cities produce any gpt initially but if I change the Sci slider down from 100% they start to :mischief: ... all looks good to me, was that the source of the confusion?

Total brain fart on my part - I forgot I still had it up that high (I usually have it down to 60% by that point in the game). :crazyeye: Thanks anyway for looking at it.

I noticed a bug with stonehenge. When you play multiplayer hotseat and someone builds stonehenge the screen zooms out for them and then zooms in on everyone else. This was a a problem in Civ4 BTS but then one of the patches fixed it. Now the problem only occurs with this mod loaded.

I noticed a bug with stonehenge. When you play multiplayer hotseat and someone builds stonehenge the screen zooms out for them and then zooms in on everyone else. This was a a problem in Civ4 BTS but then one of the patches fixed it. Now the problem only occurs with this mod loaded.

That's cause Stonehenge Center's the World Map.

Calender does the same as it also center's the world map.

It's not a bug with CivRev, but rather a bug with the entire CIV IV series.

That's cause Stonehenge Center's the World Map.

Calender does the same as it also center's the world map.

It's not a bug with CivRev, but rather a bug with the entire CIV IV series.

It was a bug with the Civ 4 game but it was fixed in one of the patches. Something in Revolution undoes that fix. That's why it only happens in when I load revolutions.

Hmmm ... thanks for the report. I just checked the one file I figured it could be, CvMainInterface.py, and there are no differences other than the added Revolution pieces (which wouldn't affect this). The only other place to check is in the SDK, which would be difficult to track down. Does anybody know more about this issue and what might cause it?

Fortunately it doesn't seem like a big problem ... I'll keep my eyes open and see if I find any leads. By the way, does hotseat work okay aside from this?

Hmmm ... thanks for the report. I just checked the one file I figured it could be, CvMainInterface.py, and there are no differences other than the added Revolution pieces (which wouldn't affect this). The only other place to check is in the SDK, which would be difficult to track down. Does anybody know more about this issue and what might cause it?

Fortunately it doesn't seem like a big problem ... I'll keep my eyes open and see if I find any leads. By the way, does hotseat work okay aside from this?

I know what he's talking about, i have the same problem.

When you Research Calender, or build Stonehenge, it centers the world map. Then it zooms out. It depends on how much of the world you knew before researching Calender or building stonehenge. Sometimes you know so much about the world it only zooms out a small bit, but when you build stonehenge, it's much earlier in the game, and you don't usually know as much of the world you would know ounce you research Calender. So you then Zoom out More, all the way to the globe view.

It's a small bug with the Minimap. you know that square that shows you how much land your looking at? well when you center the world map, you know how the minimap changes so you see how big your land is to the world? the square that shows how much land your looking at, doesn't change with it. So the computer thinks your looking at a much broader view, and adjust's the zoom, causing it to zoom out.

so, let's say i'm playing continents and have 2 continents. i have a city that just completed stonehenge in the northern part of the continent. The square box in the minimap, is just looking at my city, but when i center the world map, i know how big the world is, and the square box isn't just looking at my city anymore, but the entire northern part of the continent.

Understand? Try a few test games to understand it more. I had this happen with civrev(or any other mod for that matter), the original game, the unofficial patch, and on multiplayer.

I'm having an odd problem, in that if I leave the StopAutoforRevolt=True, it'll stop it if another AI civ has a revolt pop-up. If I turn it to False it'll automate for the number of turns I specify. I'm using Revolutions 1.4bts, combined with Rise of Mankind.

It works for me, and the code definitely looks right too ... how can you tell that it's stopping for other players revolts? There are a couple other settings which will also cause automation to stop, specifically in the BarbarianCiv section if you have:

OfferControl = True
CancelAutoForOffer = True

then you will get other stops in automation. If that's not the cause, then I'm at a loss since I doubt the Rise of Mankind mod would effect this setting.

It works for me, and the code definitely looks right too ... how can you tell that it's stopping for other players revolts? There are a couple other settings which will also cause automation to stop, specifically in the BarbarianCiv section if you have:

OfferControl = True
CancelAutoForOffer = True

then you will get other stops in automation. If that's not the cause, then I'm at a loss since I doubt the Rise of Mankind mod would effect this setting.

I have both of those settings as false, though after a bit more playing I've noticed that it'll give a "Processing Revolution!" message, but not stop for it. Is that message for my civ or one of the AIs? I also have StopAutoForRevolt = True, and ReinstateOnRevolt = True. Would the reinstate be the problem? It doesn't give me any sort of pop-up, just stops the automation, I've also noticed it tends to die down, and auto for the number of turns I input, the further into the game it gets(or maybe the turns are just taking longer and I don't notice).

Top Bottom