Anyone read Rich Dad, Poor dad

Archbob

Ancient CFC Guardian
Anyone else read this series?

I would like to know what you guys think about the book.

I think its pretty good. Its mainly a motivation book about financial freedom that does not tell you much in the way of how to do things. It gets you excited but some of the tax they Kiyosaki gives borders on illegal(no, you cannot in fact use your private corporation to buy yourself a car, although my accountant did say you can deduct gas and mileage on your current car as depreciation expense).

He also skims on the different types of corporate entities.

Also, I cannot find for the life of me who the hell this "rich dad" is. Some people claims he doesn't exist, but in his co-authored book with Donald trump, he does in fact assert that "Rich Dad" did exist.

I'd like to see how other people rate this book compared to other self-help guides on wealth.

I think its pretty good. Its mainly a motivation book about financial freedom that does not tell you much in the way of how to do things.
...that's your qualifications for a good book? :lol:

It is kind of a NY times best seller.

Although I can see easily why he is a best-selling author and not a best-writing author.

Being a best seller means crap. Atlas Shrugs is a best seller and it's one of the worst written works in history.

Motivational stuff is fundamentally inane.

Being a best seller means crap. Atlas Shrugs is a best seller and it's one of the worst written works in history.

Actually, it means a lot of people like your book. Its gotten mostly positive reviews from readers also.

It doesn't mean crap. There's a lot of writers that would sell their soul to be a NYT best-selling author and he's been up there for years.

His writing skill is downright atrocious though, but he narrates well.

It is, however, one hell of a good title.

Avoid Robert Kiyosaki.

Avoid Robert Kiyosaki.

wai u sai dat?

rasist?

I enjoyed Rich Kid, Poor Kid. Didn't learn a whole lot from it though, just a few basic principles. Nothing specific.

wai u sai dat?

rasist?

Would you really trust someone whose ancestral country's economy crashed for 10 years?

Would you really trust someone whose ancestral country's economy crashed for 10 years?

Would you really trust someone whose uncle's sister-in-law was a spy for the Nazis?

:crazyeye:

I read it & didn't get a whole lot out of it besides very basic concepts I already understood.

wai u sai dat?

rasist?

I enjoyed Rich Kid, Poor Kid. Didn't learn a whole lot from it though, just a few basic principles. Nothing specific.

What are these basic principles that you got from the book? Just wanna know before I take any interest.

Actually, it means a lot of people like your book. Its gotten mostly positive reviews from readers also.

It doesn't mean crap. There's a lot of writers that would sell their soul to be a NYT best-selling author and he's been up there for years.

His writing skill is downright atrocious though, but he narrates well.

People who have read good books know that best sellers don't make good books, let alone the best books. And what people like have little bearing on quality, since they are mostly making judgments of interest.

In fact, many best sellers are best sellers precisely because they are pandering crap or junk that deliberately stir controversy for no good reason. Look at Harry Potter and Dan Brown books. Rich Dad, Poor Dad is such a book.

I don't consider a book to be great unless people actually want to read it.

You can write an awesome book with great expressions and allusions. But I can't say its great unless people actually want to read it.

Its pretty simple really: Books are written for people to read.

People who have read good books know that best sellers don't make good books, let alone the best books. And what people like have little bearing on quality, since they are mostly making judgments of interest.

In fact, many best sellers are best sellers precisely because they are pandering crap or junk that deliberately stir controversy for no good reason. Look at Harry Potter and Dan Brown books. Rich Dad, Poor Dad is such a book.

Maybe someone ought to start a thread titled "Which do you prefer - Classical Literature or Contemporary Literature?" Trust me, if that poll was to go out from the Media, majority of the people would choose the latter.

Top Bottom