Poll: Diplomats

Who would you like as the major diplomat?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DMOC

Mathematician
The purpose of this poll is to see who the team wants to see as our main diplomat. (We can later decide to have multiple diplomats for each team - but it's best to get the main diplomat set since we will not know all the other teams immediately.)

So, in short: who would you like as the main diplomat? As in the other polls, please do not vote for yourself. Again, the people in this poll are simply those who expressed their interests in this thread. Please be aware that a diplomat needs to be fluent in the English language. :)

If anyone would like to present their brief "cases" on why they believe they'd be a good dipomat, you may do so. I will hold off on voting until tonight. :)

I got it now! Maybe I opened the tread as soon as you created it?

It would have been nice for those interested to have had a chance to say a few words before opening to a poll as I feel that this will end up as a popularity contest but perhaps it could work out for the best anyways.

EDIT: Also, I just went to vote for major and saw the 'don't vote for yourself' thing and realized it probably said that here too so I don't know if it's possible but could you remove one from my tally. :p

I think we should make it a point NOT to have the turn player be a diplomat, for several reasons. One, it means less work on the turnplayer's shoulders. Two, it adds a very useful level of indirection - the diplomat can always blame needing to "check with the turn player" if you need to buy time, or "secure something with the team".

I'm happy to be acting diplomat, meaning talking to people on MSN, for various reason. I have a few from the other teams on my list already. But I'll gladly let someone else handle the official letters. ;)

I think we should make it a point NOT to have the turn player be a diplomat, for several reasons. One, it means less work on the turnplayer's shoulders. Two, it adds a very useful level of indirection - the diplomat can always blame needing to "check with the turn player" if you need to buy time, or "secure something with the team".

I'm happy to be acting diplomat, meaning talking to people on MSN, for various reason. I have a few from the other teams on my list already. But I'll gladly let someone else handle the official letters. ;)

no player should have 2 jobs, only exception might be major + main turnplayer, but only for the first month (althought i cant really put myself to like this thought...). this has nothing to do with sharing decisions or giving more people the possibility to contribute:p... ...its simply because this will be quite al lot of work (being turnplayer with 1 city... ...fine, ... ... 2 cities... ...fine... ...6+ cities and in a war... ...ugh 2hrs+) and second job will suffer (for major applies the same... ...once we grow, he will have always someone wanting someting, polls running, diplomats whining:D)... ...and niklas point above is very valid also (see above... ...always good to have a black sheep / boss in your backoffice with no contact to exteriour you can put blame on or buy time with;))... ...if you have a problem, blame it on the major (same goes for turnplayer... ...hes only the turnplayer, NOT the boss;)), and we can always use the excuse of electing a new one next month:rolleyes:

In case it goes that way, I wouldn't be able to take this job. At least for now...
I'll dedicate my efforts to the Demographics and Sandkasten threads mainly. Anything more would be stretching it, as I have a number of other ongoing games, as well.

Wow, I'm flattered that everyone has confidence in me!

I voted for obsolete, since he's kind of a "brand name" that would have influence on the other teams before he even says a word (intimidation/respect).

Maybe we should name drop our more well-known and experienced players when it comes to dealing with other teams -- we can still achieve that effect (tastefully, of course).

i guess we can make it official now, since nothing changed since yesterday:

main diplomat:
The Mike

first substitute:
Uncle_Cheesedog

second substitute... ...this is a complicated one, since most of the mentioned have already a job:crazyeye:... ...lets see:
obs, niklas, babyblue, dmoc... ...all booked out... ...ahmedhadzi it is

congratulations:)

Wow, I'm flattered that everyone has confidence in me!

I voted for obsolete, since he's kind of a "brand name" that would have influence on the other teams before he even says a word (intimidation/respect).

Maybe we should name drop our more well-known and experienced players when it comes to dealing with other teams -- we can still achieve that effect (tastefully, of course).

I think that it's nice to have a fresh face. I don't think you're as well known around the forums (although I'm only judging this from your post count) as others, so no one has any pre-conceived ideas about you. I think that's a good thing.

Expect to see your post count inflate throughout the next few months. ;)

PS: Last thing, if you draft a message, etc. to send to teams, just post it on the forums for a quick approval-ish (just in case we want to add a tidbit, remove some stuff, and others).

i guess we can make it official now, since nothing changed since yesterday:

main diplomat:
The Mike

first substitute:
Uncle_Cheesedog

second substitute... ...this is a complicated one, since most of the mentioned have already a job:crazyeye:... ...lets see:
obs, niklas, babyblue, dmoc... ...all booked out... ...ahmedhadzi it is

congratulations:)

Thanks, this works for me anyway, since this is the job that I wanted most, and I will be busy this month so to be option 3 for this job is great.

Top Bottom