Quick Questions and Answers

Is there an option or a mod to allow someone to play a game where 2 civs are human controlled players on the same home computer? (I'm not yet ready for online multi-player games with others, but I'd love to try playing 2 civs myself within the same game.)

Start a multiplayer hotseat game. That's just exactly that (with 2 or more human players on the same PC). However apparently you can not turn ON quick combat in hotseat games... :rolleyes:

Ah, I just realized that's the hotseat option. I notice that you can't play mods in hotseat so far -- according to other posts. I hope a future patch will allow that.

Hey,
How do you que up techs not on the same path?
For example if I want to go pottery and then archery, how would I que up archery?
This would help in planning out my ra's

can some one please do it for me to close some technologies like to be ww2 game before jetfighter and sam anti air i tried it didnt work i think it's mini mod or something like that only text ty some much for help!:goodjob:

Hello all!

i am new here..:)
:wavey:
can some one please do it for me to close some technologies like to be ww2 game before jetfighter and sam anti air i tried it didnt work i think it's mini mod or something like that only text ty some much for help!:goodjob:
Don't quite understand the question, sorry.
There are a few WWII mods.
Look in the Creation and Customization section.
can i start game in industrial era but not in 1750 Ad BUT 4000 bC?
Not without a mod. And I don't know one that could do what you ask.
You could always turn off time victory so the game doesn't end abruptly.

Please explain to me in what way the options of the following two (per screenshot) diplomatic responses influence the relationship with the civ or other civs?

In this case of course the get over it sounds more like "I don't wanna be friends with you anyway" however he will just hate me no matter what I chose and he'll dow me soon even if I am say I am sorry and don't declare another friendship with the one he hates (France in this case) after it has run out:

I seriously have not the slightest idea why I am given the choice of these two answers here. What is their effect?

I'm not sure (because it isn't at all clear), but I *think* it impacts on their threat perception; if you are more aggressive they will be more likely to see you as a bigger threat, or will be more likely to be aggressive in return. No idea how or why that's applicable to the declaring war one...

Please explain to me in what way the options of the following two (per screenshot) diplomatic responses influence the relationship with the civ or other civs?

In this case of course the get over it sounds more like "I don't wanna be friends with you anyway" however he will just hate me no matter what I chose and he'll dow me soon even if I am say I am sorry and don't declare another friendship with the one he hates (France in this case) after it has run out:

I seriously have not the slightest idea why I am given the choice of these two answers here. What is their effect?

I'm not sure (because it isn't at all clear), but I *think* it impacts on their threat perception; if you are more aggressive they will be more likely to see you as a bigger threat, or will be more likely to be aggressive in return. No idea how or why that's applicable to the declaring war one...

After some further research, apparently there is absolutely no difference between the two. It just changes the text the other leader replies with. There is no differences in any modifiers you will suffer.

After some further research, apparently there is absolutely no difference between the two. It just changes the text the other leader replies with. There is no differences in any modifiers you will suffer.

Uh what kind of research? Like looking into the game files (= it's a 100% correct answer)?

That's somewhat confusing and unpleasant actually... if there is no point, no choice, no difference I'd actually be rather able to not see/turn off these kind of "diplomatic" conversations... just a waste of time.

Thanks for your research and clarification.

Some of them do actually mean something; like if the AI asks you to not settle near them, and you tell them you'll settle where you please, that impacts on their opinion of you differently than if you tell them that you'll refrain from settling near them in future.

There's a partially complete (so unpublished) War Academy article that lists all the modifiers. There are differing modifiers for the responses to the request to stop settling (and for breaking your promise when you tell them you're not going to attack them when your units are lining up along the border), but no modifiers for the responses in your screenshots (or any of those 'flavour' responses). That info is from the files (somewhere).

Uh what kind of research? Like looking into the game files (= it's a 100% correct answer)?

That's somewhat confusing and unpleasant actually... if there is no point, no choice, no difference I'd actually be rather able to not see/turn off these kind of "diplomatic" conversations... just a waste of time.

Thanks for your research and clarification.

It's nice to know they don't actually matter, but I find the DOW response options direct how I will choose to respond to the hostile action. "Very well" leads to a repulsion of their forces, and perhaps a few border skirmishes or conquests. "You will pay for this in time" leads to an utter obliteration of their civilization. It may not matter to the game, but it matters to ME! :cool:

quick question: is it a good idea to sign multiple RAs in the same turn?

when they resolve i seem to have problems with maximizing their benefit so I've recently been staggering each one 1 turn apart.

edit: i just found out how to select the resolve path for the next techs. been playing for close to 500 hours and just now figuring this out.

Does the "no terrain defense bonus" ability include fortresses and citadels, or only natural terrain like hills and forests? Basically, is there any point in putting a cavalry or artillery unit in a fort?

Terrain would mean hills and forests, citadels and fortresses are improvements, so I'm fairly certain that you would get the defensive bonus of theirs. Of course, I rarely ever build either of them, so I could be wrong.

Top Bottom