[Religion and Revolution]: Founding Fathers

@team:
All planned FFs are implemented now considering functionality (bonusses) and graphics.

There are a few more things to do:

1. Pedia entries (XML is prepared)
2. Strategy entries (XML is prepared)
3. Resorting the FFs (weak ones earlier, strong ones later)

@team:
I have now finished rebalancing / reordering the FFs.
(This should be the final list / order for Release 1.3.)

Basically what I have tried, is to have the FFs with "weaker" bonusses earlier and the FFs with "stronger" bonusses a bit later
but still have the list of FFs interesting and mixed.

I'm not quite sure about sorting of FF. Some of them seem to be misplaced - for example Diego Velazguez, one of the late-game military FF, provides merely 4 cannon regiments, while cheaper Dom Pedro I gives outstanding promotions (minuteman, veteran) for all gunpowder units and +50% great general rate.

Good example of FF positioning is Jean Talon - he provides very good food production boost and is thus extremely useful, but only at the beginning of the game, simply because you can obtain 1 expert farmer and 2 fishing boats very easy/cheap later on. My point is, that this rule works for all FF: early ones should give you some temporary advancement (free units - experts, soldiers, natives, ships), which helps you develop your small colonies. Trick about them should be choosing, which ones will benefit you the most in your current game, depending on factors like territory or natives. Mid-game FF should be about enhancing your colonies, while still providing some units, although more powerful or in greater quantities - Francis Drake, Juan ponce de Leon, Chief Powhatan and all "+25% to 'good' production" FF come to mind. Late-game should be all about empire-wide bonuses: additional goods from certain buildings (like Henry Fox & crosses), free buildings (Sor Juana & chapels), double-production speed or free promotions for military - it's the time for finishing your combo (created from your leader's traits and chosen FF) and preparing to face the King.

Or maybe FF are as you wanted them and I'm wrong?

Or maybe FF are as you wanted them and I'm wrong ?

There is no "wrong" and "right" in modding. :)

I tried to get some order into the Founding Fathers but I simply did not have the time to spend days in that topic.

So I sorted them a bit and thought
"Seems to be ok for a first approach. This is easy XML anyways so anybody can change this to his liking ..."

Also, usually you do not get every FF and sometimes players decide to skip one, to get another one earlier.
So it is not that bad if you have FFs where you say "Well, this one is not worth it right now."

Top Bottom