[Religion and Revolution]: Interesting Graphics / Features we might use

Hi ray,

if you ever would like to expand the religious part of RaR you could use this one:

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Nonne.jpg
    Nonne.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 691
Looks nice. :)

But what should that unit be used for ?
(We have graphics for Catholic and Protestant Missionaries and Priests already.)

Are you interested in a Military Camp and a Star Fortress?

As you can see, the camp is "dymamic" (done via PlotLSystem.XML). Depending on coast line, roads built, rivers, etc. the tents are displayed in different manner... :D
The Flag is animated of course (as long as the camp is built within own lands)

I've prevously used them in a chain of plot defence improvements (Camp: +10%, Fort: +25%, Fortress +50%), you may perhaps include them into your "Fort and Monasteries"-Feature...?

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot_Festung.gif
    Civ4ScreenShot_Festung.gif
    438.9 KB · Views: 886
Are you interested in a Military Camp and a Star Fortress?

As you can see, the camp is "dymamic" (done via PlotLSystem.XML). Depending on coast line, roads built, rivers, etc. the tents are displayed in different manner... :D
The Flag is animated of course (as long as the camp is built within own lands)

I've prevously used them in a chain of plot defence improvements (Camp: +10%, Fort: +25%, Fortress +50%), you may perhaps include them into your "Fort and Monasteries"-Feature...?

YES WE ARE!!!!!!

I love it! Have you implemented it? I made first steps in implementing graphics with blender and currently think about implementing star forts since they are really historically correct for the main timeline of the game and I tried to animate and implement a flag, too - but currently failed. So, YES. I'm very interested!

Can you upload both? :goodjob::goodjob::goodjob:

Hi guys,

I have done a little research and found a couple of British monarch flags for George III, that would probably fit in better (historically) than the three lion flag we currently have. That flag was largely discontinued from royal use in the late 14th century.

100px-Royal_Arms_of_Great_Britain_(1714-1801).svg[1].png

image003[1].jpg

40th_Foot_Regimental_Colour[1].jpg

imagesCA1DRK9J.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Inspired by the fantastic Iso-Mod from melcher kürzer (which is NOT compatible with RaR so far) I decided to implement certain alternate graphics for my personal ModMod of RaR. I also took some terrain textures from Civ4-Mods (like hills and peaks from "Fall from Heaven II"), so this is kind of "Best of"-Terrain-Compilation. :)

Here are some screenis to compare:
(Original RaR terrain left, new terrain on the right)

Hint: if you display the grids, tropical savanna still has the old lime green textures (and thus can be spotted on the map very easily)

I also made a little workaround on some terrain improvements:
(NOT included in this pack though, as this is a bit tricky to implement --> PlotLSystem.XML)

Interested modders will find the terrain graphics files attached :crazyeye:
(contains complete folder structure, just copy/paste the extracted files into your mod directory)

Happy Modding!

Attachments

• graphicspatch_preview1.jpg
    graphicspatch_preview1.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 464
  • graphicspatch_preview2.jpg
    graphicspatch_preview2.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 438
  • graphicspatch_preview3.jpg
    graphicspatch_preview3.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 435
  • graphics_patch_terrain.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 133
Hm, it is a little bit to "snowy" for my taste...especially the smaler hills should not look as they do with this mod...I would change some things before implementing it into RaR...!

@Willi:
Thanks for presenting your graphical changes. :goodjob:

What I like:

1. The graphics for TerrainFeatures Jungle, Forest, Light Forest
--> would like to adapt

2. Some details you have changed in the Improvements Farm, Large Farm, Planation, Large Plantation
--> since you say that there are changes to PlotLSystem involved, I would not like to take a risk so short before the Release.

What I don't like:

1. Graphical changes to Savannah (simply because it looks almost the same as Grasland)
--> would leave it as it is

2. Graphical changes to Hills (too rocky) and Peaks / Mountains (too snowy)

----------

Summary:

The only parts I would like to adapt for now are the changed TerrainFeatures Jungle, Forest, Light Forest

Those look good, nice work Willi_Tell! :goodjob:

I actually like the new mountains, since the snow "cap" placed once every tile on old mountains give them a repeating appearance which is not apparent in the new version. However if others prefer the old ones that's ok.

BTW there is a chance to bring variety to the Features by including both the old and new Forest/Jungle versions as subtle variations. As you can see in the CIV4ArtDefines_Feature.XML snippet below, each Feature can have more than one FeatureVariety, which is already used well in vanilla and mods.

Code:
			<FeatureVariety>
				<FeatureArtPieces>
					<FeatureArtPiece>
						<ModelFile>Art/Terrain/Features/TreeLeafy/Leafy_single_tree.nif</ModelFile>
						<ModelFile>Art/Terrain/Features/TreeLeafy/Leafy_single_tree_01.nif</ModelFile>
						<ModelFile>Art/Terrain/Features/TreeLeafy/Leafy_single_tree_02.nif</ModelFile>
						<Connections></Connections>
					</FeatureArtPiece>
				</FeatureArtPieces>
				<iModelCopies>60</iModelCopies>
				<VarietyButton>,Art/Interface/Buttons/BaseTerrain_TerrainFeatures_Atlas.dds,3,3</VarietyButton>
			</FeatureVariety>
			<FeatureVariety>
				<FeatureArtPieces>
					<FeatureArtPiece>
						<ModelFile>Art/Terrain/Features/TreeEvergreen/Evergreen_single_tree.nif</ModelFile>
					</FeatureArtPiece>
				</FeatureArtPieces>
				<VarietyButton>,Art/Interface/Buttons/BaseTerrain_TerrainFeatures_Atlas.dds,7,3</VarietyButton>
			</FeatureVariety>

@Willi:
Thanks for presenting your graphical changes. :goodjob:

What I like:

1. The graphics for TerrainFeatures Jungle, Forest, Light Forest
--> would like to adapt

2. Some details you have changed in the Improvements Farm, Large Farm, Planation, Large Plantation
--> since you say that there are changes to PlotLSystem involved, I would not like to take a risk so short before the Release.

What I don't like:

1. Graphical changes to Savannah (simply because it looks almost the same as Grasland)

2. Graphical changes to Hills (too rocky) and Peaks / Mountains (too snowy)

----------

Summary:

The only parts I would like to adapt for now are the changed TerrainFeatures Jungle, Forest, Light Forest

I agree

I decided to post this here :)

The Wikia page for the mod is coming along.
Thus far I have not done any kind of graphical design, that will be done later through the stylesheet.

I am concentrating on adding all the features so the page will serve as a kind of online "colopedia".
Have just finished adding all units (still have deman-icons etc. left) and moving on to buildings tomorrow.

For the ones with no access to the SVN, here is a teaser of the new units in the upcoming release:

Land Animals

Sea Animals

The main link to the page - you can browse units at the top navigation

As I said this is just preliminary version of the page and much will be changed along the way.
Thus far I have decided to do the work by myself, but I will probably ask for help once all templates are finished.

Many thanks for your feedback, fellows! :)

Please feel free to implement everything you like (and to skip everyting you don't like...)! :goodjob:

BTW there is a chance to bring variety to the Features by including both the old and new Forest/Jungle versions as subtle variations. As you can see in the CIV4ArtDefines_Feature.XML snippet below, each Feature can have more than one FeatureVariety, which is already used well in vanilla and mods.

Spoiler :

Code:
			<FeatureVariety>
				<FeatureArtPieces>
					<FeatureArtPiece>
						<ModelFile>Art/Terrain/Features/TreeLeafy/Leafy_single_tree.nif</ModelFile>
						<ModelFile>Art/Terrain/Features/TreeLeafy/Leafy_single_tree_01.nif</ModelFile>
						<ModelFile>Art/Terrain/Features/TreeLeafy/Leafy_single_tree_02.nif</ModelFile>
					</FeatureArtPiece>
				</FeatureArtPieces>
				<VarietyButton>,Art/Interface/Buttons/BaseTerrain_TerrainFeatures_Atlas.dds,3,3</VarietyButton>
			</FeatureVariety>
			<FeatureVariety>
				<FeatureArtPieces>
					<FeatureArtPiece>
						<ModelFile>Art/Terrain/Features/TreeEvergreen/Evergreen_single_tree.nif</ModelFile>
					</FeatureArtPiece>
				</FeatureArtPieces>
				<VarietyButton>,Art/Interface/Buttons/BaseTerrain_TerrainFeatures_Atlas.dds,7,3</VarietyButton>
			</FeatureVariety>

Oh yea, very interesting - I remember that file, but have completely forgotten it in the meantime... :crazyeye:
Thank you kindly for the hint, orlanth. I might do some testing with variety further on.

@HermanHeydt: I really like this upcoming RaR-Wiki - good work!

Hi Folks,

I think about a change of some graphics:

New butcher:
Spoiler :

New brewer:

Spoiler :

New tanner:

Spoiler :

What do you think?

Attachments

• brewer.jpg
    brewer.jpg