[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions

1. Please make Domestic market pop-ups optional. If one has 13 colonies it is quite tedious to hear that money sound and pop-ups for every single market every single turn for 200 turns :crazyeye:

The information itself is just as important as the "Selling by Custom House" to my opinion.
But I could remove the money sound for all Domestic Market sales after the first one in that round. :thumbsup:

2. For the time being please deactivate prices in other European countries. Only essencial op ups must distract the hardworking player :lol:

Well I guess the information is currently really not very interesting.
(... as long as we do not have the according features that will make it interesting.)

I will deactivate the price informations of other European countries. :thumbsup:

@team and partners:

I have tried to create a FAQ here.

Please tell me here in this thread, if there are points that should be added to the FAQ from your experiences. :thumbsup:

The information itself is just as important as the "Selling by Custom House" to my opinion.
But I could remove the money sound for all Domestic Market sales after the first one in that round. :thumbsup:

I was just asking to make it optional. Player must have some choice about what he wants to be informed about ;). Because of so many pop ups I miss some important messages sometimes.

Butcher's house icon is too big. This error shows every time I select that building. 1024X768 is my (default) resolution

Also Hides are still not shown by their name when you load them into transport :dunno:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 102
I was just asking to make it optional. Player must have some choice about what he wants to be informed about ;). Because of so many pop ups I miss some important messages sometimes.

Well yes, not everything is perfect yet. :)
But I can probably create an XML setting for "Domestic Market Messages" quite fast.
(I will leave them activated by default.)

Butcher's house icon is too big. This error shows every time I select that building. 1024X768 is my (default) resolution.

Ah, thanks for the hint. :thumbsup:
We will see what we can do.

Also Hides are still not shown by their name when you load them into transport :dunno:

I will fix it. :thumbsup:

Ok, I think I found a serious problem...

When the game loads decline taxation and immediately hit End of turn. Turn will never end :help:

Turn will never end :help:

But no CTD (Crash To Desktop) ?

Edit:

I have loaded the savegame 3 times and did not have problems to continue playing it. :dunno:
The time between turns was max. 3 seconds.

Your problem is reproducable every time ? :confused:

Butcher's house icon is too big. This error shows every time I select that building. 1024X768 is my (default) resolution

I was finally able to reproduce the bug. :)
It is when you select the Butcher's House as next building to build in city.
(The button of that building has wrong size. 62x62 instead of 64x64)

Well, it took maybe 3 minutes on my computer but I was finally able to play that turn, so I was wrong, it wasn't an endless loop after all. All the other turns were much much faster (before and after).

I had a strange offer from one VERY peaceful tribe. They were ready to give me (disband) their last village after which they would just disappear from the face of the America. It does sound a little unnatural even for the most peaceful tribe to comit such a suicide. Perhaps there is a need to prevent them from offering the very last village?

Well, it took maybe 3 minutes on my computer but I was finally able to play that turn, so I was wrong, it wasn't an endless loop after all.

Ok. :)

I had a strange offer from one VERY peaceful tribe. They were ready to give me (disband) their last village after which they would just disappear from the face of the America. It does sound a little unnatural even for the most peaceful tribe to comit such a suicide. Perhaps there is a need to prevent them from offering the very last village?

This is not specific for Religion and Revolution.
The same happens in TAC or Vanilla as well sometimes.

Also I don't think it is a problem.
Actually it is probably even the best solution.
Due to "Cultural Expansion", the tribe simply cannot exist anymore.
(This does not happen out of nothing.)

Last Public Release:
Release 1 (Download at hotfile.com)

Huge congrats on the very first release :goodjob:

Perhaps it deserves a separate (Download the latest version here) thread. It will be good for clarity and for PR :D Otherwise those people who regularly check this forum do not even see this thread in bold, since edits to posts do not show as something new...

Alternatively perhaps each new release deserves its separate thread. Players without access to SVN could comment there and it will be clear for team members which version is being discussed...

Huge congrats on the very first release :goodjob:

Thanks. :)

Perhaps it deserves a separate (Download the latest version here) thread.

We already do have that thread in the Download Section ( Civ4Col - Mods and Files) of the forum:
Moderator Action: Religion and Revolution
Please read the forum rules:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889Moderator Action:

All public releases will be announced there. :thumbsup:

Everybody totally new to Religion and Revolution, should start reading and will also get the link to the latest download here:
[Religion and Revolution]: Welcome ! (Read first please.)

Alternatively perhaps each new release deserves its separate thread.

I don't like that idea. :nope:
There is one continuous development of the mod.
How should we split these things ?

Discussions and Brainstorming should take place in the thread
[Religion and Revolution]: Mod Development
which contains ideas and wishes for all our coming releases.

People that have access to our SVN (and thus to newer revisions) can post problems and feedback about current revisions here:
[Religion and Revolution]: Feedback and Questions from Partners

Bugs from Public Releases should be posted here:
[Religion and Revolution]: Bugs and Todos

I think that is enough. :thumbsup:
(We will get sorted out, who is talking about current revision and who about the last public release. Don't worry.)

Explanation:

Community and partners can give suggestions or tell their wishes what features or improvements they generally want.
But they are not involved in the detailled discussions about technical implementation or scheduling content and dates of releases.
Release discussions and decisions (contents and dates) are absolutely team internal.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

One of the issues I eventually run into is scarcity of food. It was promised that Slaves (Native and African) will consume just 1 Food, can we implement it please? Also unlimited source of African slaves priced maybe half the indentured servant's price would be nice to have even before the Africa screen. Europe can be understood like a general global market place. If it is possible to buy tobacco there even before one discovers America it is ok to buy slaves as well, duh...

It was promised that Slaves (Native and African) will consume just 1 Food, can we implement it please?

Yes, it was part of the original concept, but there is no "promissing".
(The current features were implemented with as little effort as necessary.)

I am not even sure, if I still like the idea of having Native Slaves and African Slaves consume only 1 Food.
(I feel that they might get too powerful ...)

But if the team really wants it that way, I would implement it.
(... whenever I find the time.)

Also unlimited source of African slaves priced maybe half the indentured servant's price would be nice to have even before the Africa screen.

Please simply wait for the Africa Screen. :thumbsup:
(I really do not like the idea of buying African Slaves in Europe.)

So this mod has Banana bonus and Coconut bonus, both adding 2 food to the SAME Jungle terrain feature growing on SAME :)confused:) base terrain (savanna). Now, when one clears the Jungle the resulting tile does not enjoy any additional food boost from from Banana anymore, which made sense to me -- all the Jungle is chopped down, no more Bananas from the trees. However clearing a Jungle with Coconut still preserves extra two food bonus. This is a little inconsistent with the Banana situation :banana:

However clearing a Jungle with Coconut still preserves extra two food bonus. This is a little inconsistent with the Banana situation.

It is corrected in the new revision in SVN. :thumbsup:
(Coconut behaves just like Banana.)

not sure where this is supposed to go (lots of thread) but when starting over yesterday with the 1.1 release I suddenly got annoyed at the fact that all the natives want guns as a tradegood. Gamewise it makes sense to want them but from a historical POV it's rather iffy.
After all the game starts in 1492, which is a period where not only the natives certainly didn't know what guns were but where many europeans wouldn't even have seen them. Gunpowder weapons (other than cannons which were getting rather common) weren't really abundant yet in European armies.
Maybe it would give some additional sense of progression if the natives started out demanding tradegoods that are closer to the beads and mirrors, switching to horses and weapons as the pressure from colonisation starts to rise.
Assuming that is even possible.

I noticed that max tax rate can go up and down.Can someone please explain to me how is it calculated, and what aspects do influence on it's variations?

I noticed that max tax rate can go up and down.Can someone please explain to me how is it calculated, and what aspects do influence on it's variations?

The base values of the calculation are defined in XML (Handicaps and GlobalDefines) and influenced by your actions towards the king.
There are random parts to it.

All you really need to know:

Obey your king as often as possible and you will end up wit a low max tax rate in late game, which will result in a low tax rate.
(Disobey your king a lot and you will end up with a high max tax rate in late game, which will result in a high tax rate.)

The max tax rate is the current threshold of the tax rate.
It is influence by your actions towards your King. (Diplomay Dialogs and Python-Events)

when starting over yesterday with the 1.1 release I suddenly got annoyed at the fact that all the natives want guns as a tradegood. Gamewise it makes sense to want them but from a historical POV it's rather iffy.
After all the game starts in 1492, which is a period where not only the natives certainly didn't know what guns were but where many europeans wouldn't even have seen them. Gunpowder weapons (other than cannons which were getting rather common) weren't really abundant yet in European armies.
Maybe it would give some additional sense of progression if the natives started out demanding tradegoods that are closer to the beads and mirrors, switching to horses and weapons as the pressure from colonisation starts to rise.
Assuming that is even possible.
Hi Crazy_Ivan80, you're right! :goodjob:
We might do something about this when we consider doing inventions but this isn't for now unfortunately... Anyway the main problem is that the game chooses randomly which good the natives want. There isn't any "logic" in their choice
Thank you for you advice :goodjob:

not sure where this is supposed to go (lots of thread)
I guess you should have posted it in the Feedback and Questions part here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=468932&page=7

Hi Hrvoje193!
Max Tax Rate is a TAC feature. It's a great feature they've developed. :goodjob:
What can I add? Not much...

Initial Maximum Tax rate is worth 40 if you start a game in pilgrim difficulty and 70 if you play a game in patriot or revolutionary level. Standard max tax rate is 50 (in explorer level).
If I'm correct maximum tax rate will never go under 30...
And as Stoepsel and Ray said, you must be nice towards your king to lower it...

Top Bottom